Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2003, 05:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 SC, Southern Automotive 427W Stroker
Not Ranked     
Default Fun Ford Weekend

Yo, there's a ford-powered auto event up in Commerce at the drag strip April 11-13th. Not sure what all is planned, but it might be worth a drop by. It's a nice ride. Anyone interested?
Old 04-01-2003, 05:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett/Morrison- Boss 302 Stroked W/351W heads and a whole bunch of ponies
Not Ranked     
Default Ford Weekend

I am available for the 12th till about 4:00PM. Let me know, we'll caravan together.

Hector

Everyday is a Holiday ... every meal is a banquet.

Last edited by hcollado; 04-01-2003 at 07:06 PM..
Old 04-01-2003, 07:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Would love nothing more than a caravan to Commerce, but I believe I'll be surf casting off the Ft. Pickens beaches with the kids that weekend. I will be watching my watch, enjoying the sand and sun, envying all of you, wind in your faces, everyone wowing, etc., etc., etc. Keep us in mind while you are all having fun!! I wonder if it is possible to be too sick to go fishing, and have to stay home, all by myself??
Old 04-02-2003, 02:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: former Unique289
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Fun? Fords? ok!

Keep me posted. I plan to have my car done by then.

....ok, not really, I just said that for Randy... ... but I will be on Vacation all next week and plan to do a bunch of work on it !

If I can bum a right-hand seat, I'd love to go, but Sunday I have to go the the airport in the afternoon.

David V., I don't know if you can be too sick to fish, but I heard Jeff Foxworthy say once that if you've ever been too drunk to fish... you might be a redneck...
Old 04-03-2003, 07:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Got to love Jeff Foxworthy. Some of the stuff that guy comes up with is too funny, and so true. I can see alot of what he says in alot of people around here. My wife saw my web posting about being too sick to go, and gave me the business. I do have a ligitimate reason (work load) and she picked up on that as the perceived reason to stay home. Anyway, want to go!!

Last edited by DAVID L. VALDEZ; 04-09-2003 at 07:51 AM..
Old 04-08-2003, 02:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

According to this morning's weather report, we're talking beautiful Saturday. After spending the past two weekends landscaping the yard, I'm ready for some high RPM excitement. Time to knock the pollen off of the little red car and make some noise!
Old 04-08-2003, 08:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Double edged sward. Work load making it necessary for me to stay home this weekend. Fortunately for me, we were not taking the long weekend at Ft. Pickens by ourselves. My cousin and her family were going with us. My wife feels bad about me not going and still hoping, but being a one man show at my job is making it impossible to go fishing for four days. I guess I will have to spend some time with you all. I believe I have already overcome the disappointment. I am definitely ready for the caravan to Commerce. I have never been there. Sounds like fun. Give me a heads up on when and where to meet.
Old 04-08-2003, 08:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Cannot believe I have too engine earing degrees, and speld sword wrong!!
Old 04-10-2003, 07:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett/Morrison- Boss 302 Stroked W/351W heads and a whole bunch of ponies
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Saturday the 12th

How about it guys, are we on for Saturday?

Let's meet someplace and ride up together.

Let me know.

Hector

Old 04-10-2003, 05:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'm in. Has anyone seen a schedule of events, show times etc.? I'll call the contact number tomorrow and see what's up.
Old 04-11-2003, 06:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

OK, I called the number for the Fun Ford Weekend event at the drag strip. Sounds good. Gates open at 7:00 AM, car show registration up to 2:00 and awards at 4:00 (Hector, you'll have to hang a bit beyond 4:00). There will be a swap meet and drag races all day (actually three days - Fri-sun). Entrance fee is $20 beans or $35 for both Saturday and Sunday. I went to a similar event up there last summer. It was fun, mostly because of the dragsters and 1/4 mile track action. Plenty of opportunity to visit and talk with the rail guys as they are prepping their cars in the pits. The track and field are quite nice (lots of room and easy accessibility). Anyway, I'm pumped. LETS DO IT!

I will need to clean my car a bit (serious pollen). I will through out the suggestion that we meet in the Publix parking lot at the Hamilton Mill exit off I-85. Commerce is only 30 minutes or so from there. What do ya'll think, 10:00ish?

Clyde, I haven't forgotten about you. I will swing by your place on Sunday if that works for you. Possibly Saturday afternoon, depending on how things go in Commerce. What do you think?
Old 04-11-2003, 06:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Tony,
Sounds like a plan. Like you, I need to clear the pollen. Brought it in this morning. What a ride. The usual thumbs up, puzzled looks considering the outside temp and wind chill at 60 on the interstate, and the usual young guy in the 5.0 Mustang who has no clue what a 460 with all the goodies, sticky 300's on the rear, a close ratio four speed, and 2400 pounds will do to him if allowed!! Anyway, I'll be there. Give me a call at home if anything changes. 770-339-9009
Old 04-11-2003, 02:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Smile

I'll be there. Call with any changes. Cell # 770-335-9266.

Hector

Old 04-12-2003, 03:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hector, David:

Great day! I had a really great time. My face looks like it's been nuked. But hey, if we can keep these puppies on the road, we will have a great season.

See you guys at the next one!
Old 04-12-2003, 06:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: former Unique289
Not Ranked     
Default Sunday

I'll be around on Sunday, give me a call and drop by if you can.

I spent Saturday catching up on outdoor projects and more in store for Sunday!!
Old 04-15-2003, 08:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Tony and Hector,
Goes without saying I had a great time, too. Especially had fun on the way home. Traffic was terrible. Had dinner by myself at Gwinnett Place Hooters. Found out they were having a car show on Sunday. Had to go. One of the sweeter ones said the Cobra is her favorite car. Hooters on Jimmy Carter & 85 is having a show this coming weekend. Got even more cooked on Sunday. The tops of my feet are falling off! Anyway, wife and kids are back so I have to do some chores now. Keep in touch and don't let your batteries go dead!! I tried to attach a picture of the honey sitting on the Cobra, but the file was too big no matter how much I tried to compress it. Only missed the 40000 byte max by 8g's. Terrible!

Last edited by DAVID L. VALDEZ; 04-15-2003 at 08:30 AM..
Old 04-16-2003, 03:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I don't know David, Cobra+Hooters babe+wife out of town=formula for trouble. How was the show on Sunday? Did a lot of cars show up?
Old 04-16-2003, 09:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

THE ONLY OTHER CAR THAT SHOWED UP WORTH MENTIONING WAS A HIGH DOLLAR GT-40 REPLICA. WHAT A CAR! IT HAD A 302 WITH ALOT OF GOODIES. EVERYONE WAS ASKING THE PROVERBIAL QUESTION, "WHO WOULD WIN IN A RACE BETWEEN YOUR COBRA AND THE GT-40?" OF COURSE IN THE SHORT RUN, I WOULD WIN, BUT THE GT-40 WAS DESIGNED TO PICK UP WHERE THE POOR AERODYNAMICS OF THE CLASSIC COBRA LEFT OFF. I QUICKLY SUBMITTED THAT I WOULD NOT AND HAVE NOT YET HAD MY CAR IN THIRD AT THE 6000 REV LIMIT. I HAVE NOT HAD ENOUGH SEAT TIME, AND NOT ENOUGH BRASS IN THE RIGHT PLACE!! MANY CARS OF ALL TYPES, EVEN RICE BURNERS. NEEDLESS TO SAY, MOST PEOPLE STAYED NEXT TO THE COBRAS. HAD TO LAUGH UPON MY ARRIVAL BECAUSE BOTH CARS I PARKED BETWEEN WERE PERFECTLY CLEAN AND DETAILED UNTIL I SQUEEZED IN. BOTH GUYS, INCLUDING MYSELF, SPENT THE NEXT FIFTEEN MINUTES DETAILING AGAIN. KEEP IN TOUCH. HER NAME IS NICOLE.