Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2003, 09:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 930, 427 Windsor T56
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Silver Springs Annual Meeting.

What a great place for a car show/meeting. Weather was beautiful. There was plenty to do other than sit by your car all day. Lot's of shade. Beautiful setting. A big hall for a group lunch. CobraDan get's a big thumbs up for this idea.

Sorry so many were unable to attend. Next year we will plan on rain so everyone will feel welcome.

How about a poll to see what the biggest reason for not being able to attend?

Have Fun!

BDR #930
08 Corvette Coupe
92 Sunburst Yellow Miata
#81 Saturn V Miata Crapcan racer
Panoz GTRA #42
Old 05-11-2003, 04:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hunter 427, 5.0 (302)
Not Ranked     

Jim
I did not ge to atend the whole event but I did make the 750mile round trip to attend dinner with my cobra buds and make the annual meeting. With over 300 people listed on the DSCC regrestry we shoul get more attendance even on Mother's day weekend.

Cobra Doc
Thanks for ltting me crash in your hotel room.

I needed to get at least 500 miles on the new tremec tranny and boy did I get it broke in. I made the trip to Ocala(over 360miles one way) in about 5 hours flat. That included all stops.

Al other DSCC members get off your lazy rears and at least answer this poll or trade your cobra for a car you will actually use.

If you want events in your area you can become a local rep and help orgaize the events. I may even come to events in tennessee(I am just as close to Chattanooga as I am to Ocala even though live in Florida, its a big state.

Engineer Ed is the new president and he wants to ge more participation in this club and so do I. Kieth Mcarland was voted in as VP and I remain treasurer.
Old 05-11-2003, 05:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2009 Solbra
Not Ranked     

Sorry I could not vote as I attened the 3rd annual meeting. I really enjoyed the first annual meeting without
RAIN
Dan
Old 05-11-2003, 05:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I did not come becauswe I have a rash on my ass and backs of legs from the heat and sitting in a car would have been missery for all. glad you guys had a good time though.
Old 05-11-2003, 05:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Actually we had NO RAIN OR HEAT RASH
Not only did the gear heads enjoy our 3rd annual meeting but the women may actually make the next meeting because they had some fun at a COBRA event.
Dan
Old 05-12-2003, 05:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing #223
Not Ranked     

Awesome event.
Thank Dan for organizing the BEST Annual meeting we have ever had.
All those that attended mentioned how great it was.
Finally, something to do besides sitting around a bunch of cars.
Silver Springs was the perfect setting.

Thanks Dan.
It's too bad so many of our members missed on hell of an event.

Ed
FFR1997K
Old 05-12-2003, 09:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking Count those votes for Ed

I’ve been watching Jim’s poll and with only 16 votes in, it’s hard to tell where it’s going. I wish that I had heard from more people about it being Mothers Day as to the reason for not making our event. If my mother were still alive she would have been with the rest of my family as were my sister and brother who attended because they had never seen Silver Springs Park. No more Holiday weekends picked that where created by American Greetings. Actually the only one who said much about Mothers Day was Ruble, and he was there for the meeting. As far as it being costly, if you would have brought your family as intended it was a deal. We got a 1-day ticket for $18.00 instead of $32.95 per person for Silver Springs Park, and if you spent the weekend it was $26.00 or only $8.00 more. For an additional $5.00 per person you could enjoy the Wild Waters next door to Silver Springs. We had lunch in the air-conditioned mansion for 1½ hours (really great when the temperature reached 95 degrees) with all you could eat and drink for $11.00, and we had a reduced rate at the Holiday Inn across the street. When I went to the vending machine at the park to purchase a drink and I found out a 20 oz. Bottle was $2.50 the $11.00 per person for lunch was truly a bargain. I know I said they reached the 1,000 car mark at the Ford Mustang show earlier in the year but after talking to Randy Hunter who was there he said there was 1,500 cars at the park for the weekend. I wonder how many will show next year at there 10th year celebration. The only complaint that I’ve had so far is, that it wasn’t raining all weekend as it had in the past. I guess you just can’t please everyone, but I wish the Lopez brothers had kept it to themselves.
Dan

Last edited by CobraDan; 05-15-2003 at 11:14 AM..
Old 05-12-2003, 09:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E-M Cobra - RCR GT40
Not Ranked     

Ed, congrats on being elected DSCC president. I believe you will be an outstanding officer of the club, as Dan and Jerry have been before you. I'd like to ask all DSCC members to give Ed all of your support in the upcoming year, as I think he will bring a great deal of fun and variety to the club, something for everyone!! I'd also like to thank many of our members who do continually support club events and make me thankful to have an outlet to enjoy my car for other than Sunday drives. Ruble Moore, Joe Smith, Jim and Lori Pomroy, Armando and Manny Lopez, Pete, Todd, David, Bill, the list goes on and on....thanks for being so interesting and entertaining!!

Mike
Old 05-12-2003, 02:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

About 300 more members to give us their vote and we will no why so many stayed home.
Dan
Old 05-12-2003, 06:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Where's the vote option that says, "I DID attend!"

I need that option in order to vote correctly. It was a great event, Silver Springs gave everyone the time to get away from the car, look at some cool water that I'm sure we ALL wanted to get into and swim in by the end of the day.

With all of our members we should be able to corner half of the field at the next Ford weekend!
Old 05-13-2003, 01:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Trish from Silver Springs at first asked me if we wanted to take part in the Mustang Ford weekend but at the time I wanted us to have our own weekend. Plus getting the 50 people minimum meant only 25 couples had to sign up for this event out of 345 members. I hope that those that did attend will post that they had a great time. Anyone that did attend that really doesn't normally post and doesn't want to start please send your message to me via email and I will gladly post it for you under my name. dwulff@swfla.rr.com
Dan
Old 05-14-2003, 08:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

When are you guys going to post some pictures ? I can't wait to see what a group of DSCC Cobras looks like without water droplets on them. Sure sounds like those that attended had a good time.
Old 05-14-2003, 08:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Pictures we need pictures

Johan,
My photographer was not feeling up to snuff and didn't get me any pictures and I was much to busy and my wife has no idea how to use my digital camera. My wife did get some pictures of the cars but with a regular camera witch has not made it to Walmarts for develoment yet. Ed Kamptners battery died but I think he has one picture of a giraffe for you. Mike Iodice was actually taking shots with a movie camera but I don't know if we know how to post movies. Did anyone take pictures of our event that could post some pictures for us all to see?
Mikes movies were taken with the VHS format and not Digital, what did you do purchase one of the older models of cameras last week? I know I had to get a new cell phone it was obsolete being over a week old and I only wanted one you could use as a phone. I guess I also should have gotten the one that takes digital pictures and puts them up on the internet.
Thanks in advance if you do.

Dan

Last edited by CobraDan; 05-14-2003 at 03:29 PM..
Old 05-15-2003, 05:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Dan, I took lots of pics!!! I don't know how to post them here, but I can e-mail them to you and you can post them if you like.
I want to let you know that I had a wonderful time!!! I even had to attend by myself because since non of my family except for Manny and Joanna wanted to leave home ( due to Mother's Day). I have a BIG family!!! It would have been hard for all to have gone to Silver Springs without getting somebody mad for leaving them behind.
I think it was super good, well done and organized.
Congrat's to Ed on his new appointment as El Presidente!!!!!

CobraDoc
Old 05-16-2003, 02:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Armando, CobraDoc, Friend,
Send me some pictures I will see to it that our web master Jerry Rowley puts them up on our web site and then I will post a link to those pictures. Why hasn't your brother posted yet? I don't want to hear any of his excusses, get him up to the plate or I will have to go to his lovely wife Joanne to get the real answers.
Dan
Old 05-18-2003, 04:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking

poll 19 votes
Cost- 1

Mothers Day- 11
Next year Mother's Day will be on May 9, 2004 remember this Ed.

Too Far away- 7
Mayodan N.C. to Ocala 590Miles
Atlanta Ga. to Ocala 364 Miles
Key West Fa. to Ocala 514 Miles
Birmingham Al. to Ocala 512 Miles
Knoxville Tn. to Ocala 582 Miles
Cape Coral Fl. to Ocala 221 Miles
Miami Fl. to Ocala 312 Miles
Cape Coral Fl. to Mcdonough Ga. 349 Miles
Cape Coral Fl. to London Ohio 1,100 Miles

Dan
Old 05-19-2003, 01:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Dan, all these guys that say" it's too far" are all a bounch of house junky trailer gueens. Boy, this is going to go over really good!!! Unless I going somewhere racing, I drive my little Cobra. That's the fun part of owning one!!! Anytime I get a good excuse to take her for a drive or show her off, I'm there!!! It's never too far for me and the day that changes, I'll hang up my spurs.
Manny and I worked very late every night the whole week before the annual meeting to be done with the repairs on my tranny in order to drive the 300+ miles each way. I know, I know, we're both crazy, right!! Well I made it both ways without a hitch, and had the best time!!!!! I think Ruble did the same thing, he only made it to the meeting because he didn't have Manny(wrong side of the State) to help him finish on time..But he made the long trip with his Cobra. Ruble, too bad you didn't get to show her off at the show!!! Next time....

CobraDoc
Old 05-19-2003, 04:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Enjoyed the location and the new friends I met. A show on grass under big old shade trees beats a sun baked parking lot. Snakes like the shade and I did also. The park provided variety of things to do to help keep thinhgs interesting. My wife enjoyed herself as well. Thanks Dan and the best of luck to Dan.
Larry, from Windermere.
Old 05-20-2003, 07:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR
Not Ranked     

How about an "Other" category for those who wanted to attend but couldn't for other travel, mechanical problems, etc? I would have been in attendance (in fact was looking forward to it) but for a conflict with a business trip. None of the factors listed would have impeded me (in fact it would have made a great Mother's day outing for the family). It sounds like I wasn't alone in the need to travel, and I expect will always include some percentage of our club membership in not being able to attend any particular event.
Old 05-20-2003, 09:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

First I will start with my buddy Dr_Lopez thanks for the pictures, send more. I know others took pictures please email them to me. LarryPeg, If everyone would have jumped on the band wagon as you did, it would have been just what I was planning on all a long(not having to cancel anthing). I know that everyone that did attend found it a great place to bring the entire family and still show off their Cobra. I have 33 pictures from DR_ Lopez if I get enough I will burn a CD and include it with the T Shirt package I'm working on at this moment. I know I can get Melissa to make our T Shirts if we have the money and sizes in our hand. DaveH, I remember about work(now retired) but I always tried to take off as much time as I could afford. Jim could have made many other categories but thats my buddy Jim. You did miss a good gathering of Cobra families, I'm sure Ed will plan more gatherings for Cobra enthusiasts.
Dan