Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2003, 04:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2009 Solbra
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Silver Springs Thank You

I’m having a hard time putting this in some type order of an actual thank you. I guess I’ll start with my wife because I have to live with her, THANK YOU HONEY. I will not actually include everyone’s name, as I know that I would leave someone out, but some really stand out and that’s the reason for this post. Then secondly it has to be the weatherman, the first actual Deep South Cobra Club (DSCC) event with no rain for the entire 3-day period. Next it has to be Randy Hunter from Hunter Cobras. Randy has made it to all 3 DSCC events. Paula and Enzo Alibrandi of Finnish Line, not in person (and not for the lack of trying) but for their package of door prizes which has been at all 3 annual events. The next is a new comer Reg Dodd of BackDraftRacing, this is a first for Reg but he wasn’t around 3 years ago. Reg came to display 3 new BDR Cobras and every time I see more of their product I’m even more impressed. Jim O’Brien who wasn’t feeling up to snuff and who still hasn’t received his FFR Coupe. Carless and not feeling well but pitching in as always because he knows that’s what really makes a club strong. Jim saw to it that every Lady and Mother in attendance got that flower that I promised. Thanks buddy. Ed Kamptner for winning the election for president and taking me off the hook. Joe Smith who was one of the original people who tried to organize and did an actual Cobra club. He went that extra mile, as he should have been home taking care of his lovely wife who was too sick to attend. Ruble Moore who drove in just to give his annual report as our Secretary Treasury, or was it because he still owed me money. The Lopez brothers (not real brothers as Lopez is like our Smith) but one did stand out a little more than usual. When Manny Lopez and his wife Joanne drove into the city of Silver Springs at about 9pm they spotted a car show in town with a few Cobras in attendance. He talked to all 3 and actually got one of them to join us at Silver Springs the following morning. Both Manny and Armando Lopez will travel any distance in any kind of weather to show off their BDR Cobras and to support the DSCC. Not naming them all by name but the entire group that attended the Silver Springs 3rd annual event, making this the best Cobra event that my wife and I have attended over the last 3 years.
THANK YOU ALL
Dan and Jean Wulff past president of the DSCC
Old 05-12-2003, 07:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Dan: Many thanks for a fantastic club event! The
FLORIDA chapter of the DSCC meeting may be
history but it will long be remembered. With giraffes
sautering in the background and glass bottom boats
easing up and down the Silver river beside us.......
Man what a location to show these cars!

Manny and Dr. L., Mike I, Peter G., David, Tony, Larry, Jim,
Miller time and all you guys: Great spending the day
with ya'll. Randy H. and Reg D. excuse me for drooling
over your beautiful cars. Good luck at Carlisle.

Looking forward to seeing many of you again at our
future events.

Bill Strom
Old 05-12-2003, 09:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E-M Cobra - RCR GT40
Not Ranked     

Dan,
I can't say thank you enough or fully express how well I think you planned the 3rd annual DSCC club meeting. For the benefit of those who did not attend, it was a terrific location for a Cobra gathering and very convenient logistically (hotel directly across the street from the park entrance). In fact, the park management allowed anyone who wanted to, to leave their trailers in the securely locked employee parking area overnight. It was great, pulled right into the employee lot, unloaded the car and drove right into the back entrance of the park. We parked in front of the mansion on both sides of the road and had large trees for shade. Lunch was well prepared and served in one of the air conditioned dining rooms of the mansion, not just on time, but early! Yes, it was a small turnout by all estimates (only about 20 cars), but a great (and humorous!) group of owners (and two manufacturers!). It was great getting to spend time in what is a very beautiful theme park, not overcrowded, no waiting lines for the attractions and lots to see. I really enjoyed going thru the park with you and Jean yesterday and I thoroughly enjoyed the weekend with all my Cobra buddies and their oustanding wives and families. Thanks to all who did attend! And thank you Finish Line for the nice box of door prizes you never fail to send to these events.

Mike
Old 05-12-2003, 09:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bill,
I did hear from Reg Dodd and he said that he was going to have to spend a little longer waxing for next weeks show because of drool all over that new Cobra with the meatballs and 600 plus HP engine. His wife and daughter are really enjoying seeing more of Florida and America since moving here from South Africa.
Mike,
It's always nice getting together with you and I can't wait until the next time.
Dan & Jean
Old 05-13-2003, 06:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR - 351 W
Not Ranked     
Cool

I just want to thank everyone who helped me understand what having a Cobra is all about. Driving up from Orlando I didn’t know what to expect. I paid my fee at the entrance gate to Silver Springs and suddenly got this chill on the back of my neck. At the time I didn’t realize it might have be the fear of my first snakebite. (thanks Reg). I understood that the turnout was smaller than usual but the participants were very helpful. I had so many questions in what seemed like so little time. I made my way around the show and was intrigued by the stories. A Cobra isn’t just a car, it’s a lifestyle. Every car owner had a story to tell. Having some of the manufacturers at the show was fantastic. This was a perfect atmosphere for my research. I haven’t decided whether to build complete, partial or buy completed (used or new). But I know that once I’m complete I’ll be a new member of the Deep South Cobra Club.

PS. One of the main reasons I came to the event was due to the quick response from Cobra Dan on the website. I know he was busy but always took time to answer my questions. Thanks Dan.
Old 05-13-2003, 08:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi David,
It was nice meeting you on Saturday. Hope we pointed you in the right direction and didn't overwhelm you. I know Reg must have given you a heck of a ride, he's quite an accomplished driver and I heard that Backdraft Cobra roar into the distance from accross the street....

As I told you at Silver Springs, any time you come up to the St. Augustine area, I'll be happy to take you around in my car and show you some of the other cars in this area. We have some very nice ERAs, E-Ms, FFRs, & Uniques around here (and one CSX4000 I know of).

Mike
Old 05-13-2003, 11:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mike I,
As you can see David427 will be heading to Cape Coral with his new Cobra purchase.
PS. One of the main reasons I came to the event was due to the quick response from Cobra Dan on the website. I know he was busy but always took time to answer my questions. Thanks Dan.
I really don't know why anyone would stop in and see Mike

Dan
Old 05-13-2003, 12:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Okay Dan, the gloves are coming off now......

David, if you want to ride in a daisy-yellow snake that overheats, go visit Dan in Cape Coral!!!

If you want to ride in a slick black machine that NEVER overheats, come to St. Augustine.....

Mike
Old 05-13-2003, 04:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

http://www.jerryscobras.net/annualmeet.htm
Please check out my article on our web site that gives you the run down of this past weekend at Silver Springs. There are dash plaques but I'm still wheeling and dealing with Melissa Ritter on making up our T Shirts for this event and more than likely they will become available but will have to be paid for in advance. Stay tuned.
Dan
Old 05-14-2003, 11:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

To all the DSCC members who joined us in Silver Springs this past weekend; I would like to thank you for your continued support. For all or you who did not attend, you missed a beautiful weekend. NO RAIN - alittle hot - but great weather. As a Cobra wife, I enjoyed this annual meeting the most because there was something else to do besides smell fumes. Some really great cars were there to be enjoyed. The owners weren't too bad themselves. I'm sure Engineer Ed will do a good job next year as President -- and I'm sure glad Dan is finished as President as he has nearly driven me nuts the last few months. Again, thanks to all who attended or helped in any way. See even more members next year.

Cobra Jean