Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2003, 02:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 SC, Southern Automotive 427W Stroker
Not Ranked     
Default SAAC is upon us.

Looks like the Nashville event is right around the corner. I would like to get an idea of who in the Atlanta area plans to attend, where they are staying, with or without Cobra and how they are getting there. If I can get my tonneau cover snaps installed, I'm planning to rent a Uhaul carrier and pull her to Nashville. I'm taking the wife and daughter and staying at the Grand old Opry Hotel (should be fun for them). Checking the weather forecast, it doesn't look bad so far.
Old 05-16-2003, 04:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

What are the dates?
Old 05-16-2003, 04:30 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Old car with 6 banger
Not Ranked     

John,
It is next weekend.

I am going up with the family, but unfortunately without the Cobra because the engine is out. Tony, I'll look for you up there.

DC
Old 05-16-2003, 05:50 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'll be going with a couple of guys from here,we are not bringing any cars,just ourselves... Will be staying at the Grand Ole Opry hotel also.... Friday I'll be wearing my Club Cobra shirt and hoping to me as many members as possible..... If you see a 5'11" tall guy with a CC shirt and a white Aussie hat wondering around with a camera or two,it'll probably be me,tap me on the shoulder and introduce yourself.....

David
Old 05-16-2003, 06:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

It looks like a Saturday evening dinner event is coming together on the uniquecobra.com website. This is an excellent opportunity to put some faces with electronic relationships.
Old 05-17-2003, 04:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Going up Thurs pm or Friday am. cb
Old 05-18-2003, 05:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: former Unique289
Not Ranked     
Default SAAC Plans

I am at Opryland too. We will head up Friday sometime and driving or towing depending on the weather, and the family is bringing the chase car.

Dave/Tony/Chipper... you want to plan on meeting at the Unique trailer Saturday morning? Any other ideas? Are you guys doing the Saturday dinner and program? We need to get a DSCC table!!!
Old 05-19-2003, 08:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #821,Southern Automotive 427 Side Oiler w/2x4
Not Ranked     

Chill
I think maybe you should tow. You never know with a brand new car. Ild hate to hear you ended up on the side of the road. I suppose you can always get a trailer from uhaul along the way. You guys mean May 24th right??? Memorial weekend?
Old 05-19-2003, 09:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2009 Solbra
Not Ranked     

Memorial Day weekend, thats as bad as picking Mothers Day.

Dan
Old 05-19-2003, 02:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Drive or tow

Alex,
I'm still a bit up in the air too. I have a little more than 200 miles on it so far and just changed the oil and tightened everything (I think)... I imagine I will decide Thursday night
Old 05-20-2003, 02:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey guys, I've got a trailer reserved for the weekend. But I'm thinking I may not bring the Cobra. It seems like a lot of hassle for no obvious reason. The weather is still a bit questionable and I've been unable to get my tonneau cover snaps installed due to the rain (I can't get the car to the upholstry shop). Opryland guys, let's coordinate on Friday evening. The Weaver trailer sounds good too.

Chill, I'm with Alex. I'd put a few miles on that baby before making the trip.
Old 05-20-2003, 12:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #821,Southern Automotive 427 Side Oiler w/2x4
Not Ranked     

Chill
FYI I switched my email to connect to the office one as you know I don't log in at home much.
Tony
What did uhaul quote you for a price? I need to rent one to take the baby back to Bill for the 1000 mile checkup. Bill would lend me thiers but it means 2 round trips. I really need to get my own trailer but my place is starting to look like a storage lot.
Also I couldn't clear the decks for this weekend....sorry guys but Deb's got us a dinner date with friends sat nite we just went to Italy with. (really seen enough of them but...) Hope Dan wont get upset either
Old 05-20-2003, 02:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

We are planning to head out sometime Fri am after the traffic clears: Chad is intent on driving the Cobra up with a chase vehicle just in case.

U-haul quoted $50 a day., no weekly rate.

Meeting at the Unique tent sounds good.

Chill, let mee know what tiem you plan to depart: Maybe we can go p together with the chase vehicles behind. cb
Old 05-21-2003, 01:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

T minus 1.5 days and counting. Weather forecast seems to be holding well (knock on wood). I just got my car back from the upholstry shop getting the tonneau cover snaps installed. I left the passenger side installed while I screamed home dodging rain drops the whole way. I think that having the cover installed while towing her on an open trailer should work out OK (though it's probably not an issue for this weekend). I'm getting pumped!
Old 05-21-2003, 03:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Pack for SAAC!

We will be leaving by mid-day Friday after I pick up my U-Haul trailer. It was tough to find one, but when there is concensus between wife and Cobra club to not drive the Cobra, who's to argue?? and honestly if it were a month from now I'd be alot more comfy driving up...

Chip,
We would be glad to coordinate and head up together if you don't want to get a very early start... The family's coming and by the time I get the trailer loaded and them in the car it will be lunchtime. I will check in between now and Friday.

Sounds like the Saturday morning meeting at the Unique trailer is the best bet. Give Alan or Maurice you cell phone numbers and we can use them as 'home base'.
Old 05-21-2003, 04:44 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Old car with 6 banger
Not Ranked     

We'll be driving up later on Friday afternoon (without cobra). So unless I see you guys wandering around the hotel Friday night, I will look you up Saturday morning at the Unique trailer.

DC
Old 05-21-2003, 04:58 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2 dr roadster, V-8, 4 spd.
Not Ranked     

Have fun guys and gals!! Watch out though, CobraDan may be there handing out Silver Springs flyers for next year
Old 05-21-2003, 06:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Morrison with Volvo runnung gear. Fiber fab kit in process
Not Ranked     

Hi i'm intrested in going to the event on Saturday. I havent read anything on this event in a couple of months. Where do I go to get information on location, times and events. I marked the dates on my calander quite a while ago. Any idea on how many cars will be there ? I drove from Jackson Tn. to Virgina last year and only two cars were there. I'm getting the feeling that this will be a much better event.
Thanks
Faro
Old 05-21-2003, 06:18 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2 dr roadster, V-8, 4 spd.
Not Ranked     

Try this:

<http://www.saac.com/eventsAndConventions/saac28.html>
Old 05-21-2003, 06:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

one of our Fla. members has family up in virginia a 432.54 mile drive from ocala one way and they had some sort of event up there withno rain .