LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2003, 05:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 SC, Southern Automotive 427W Stroker
Not Ranked     
Default Oh well, the party's over

Clyde, Alan, David:

Good to see you guys in Nashville. Many more vacations like that one and I'll need therapy. It rained about half the way back, so I put the tonneau cover on (since I was towing on an open trailer). I did get a few paint scuffs. Hopefully they'll buff out. Got a few Cobra trinkets. Saturday was a great day for driving the little red car around Nashville, even if it was to find a tow-truck to tow my tow vehicle so I could spend $750 getting a fuel pump replaced.

Clyde, I hear you heard the old man speak at the SAAC dinner. I'm anxious to hear how it went. Still trashing us, eh?
Old 05-26-2003, 05:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Tony: Sorry we missed you: Chad and I was there as well as David Crace.

My fuel pump was only $28 from Auto Zone (a year ago). Had to hook up a boat gas tank , sit it on the front floor board, run the hose to the carb (after disconnecting the main fuel line) closed the hood and used the hand pump on the lne to get me home.
Old 05-26-2003, 06:12 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Tony;

Heard about your problems with the tow truck in the garage area,met Poorboy,probably saw you and the others there,did not get to meet you'll. Which was your car???? Saw a bunch of Uniques there and saw them on the track....

David
Old 05-26-2003, 06:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

David, my car was parked in the vendor's area next to the four-post Stinger lift. A buddy of mine was the vendor. I was driving the Cobra from the hotel to the track with my wife and daughter following in the Dodge Dakota. I needed to clean my pipes out so I hit warp 3 for a minute. Bottom line, the fuel pump in my pickup died and stranded my women on the side of I 40. I spent the next few hours finding a shop that would fix my truck on a Memorial Day weekend, tow truck etc. Ultimately, it all worked out. I got to spend a few hours at the track. Met Chill and Alan Weaver. It was quite a hassle, but I'm glad I made it. At least I got to put a 150 or so miles on the little red car.
Old 05-27-2003, 04:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: former Unique289
Not Ranked     

We had a good time with the family at the Opryland Hotel and at the track. Sunday we went back out in the rain for a while and took a few more pictures and called it a day about noon. I was thinking about Tony on the way home since it rained all the way to the Georgia line. I was hoping Tony had gotted the tow-vehicle running because the Cobra was going to be crowded and wet!!!

Dave Crace and I went to the program Saturday night and Carroll doesn't seem to think much of the replica business... I was always told that immitation was the sincerest form of flattery.... oh well I still admire him for what he accomplished and I'm sure he would love to see how nice that signed air cleaner cover looks on my car.....

Tony, glad you got back in one piece!
Old 05-27-2003, 05:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Sorry about your tow vehicle. Thoght it was your Cobra that the starter failed on. Thought $750 was pricey for a Cobra starter. Chip
Old 05-27-2003, 06:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

It was the fuel pump. I thought the price was a bit steep, but we called the dealership here and the price of the pump alone is almost $500. Getting it towed, diagnosed and repaired on a Memorial Day weekend in a bustling shop in four hours - priceless.

Thanks Clyde. Don't tow your car on an open trailer with the tonneau cover installed.
Old 05-27-2003, 07:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

WHat was the problem with towing yor car on an open trailer? I did mine in the rain last year to Southern Automotive for the DSCC meet with the tunneau on but not far: 60-70 miles, Nashville much further, Would like to know: Planning to tow the car this summer. Did the tunneau rub? cb
Old 05-27-2003, 08:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Radford

It was the fuel pump. I thought the price was a bit steep, but we called the dealership here and the price of the pump alone is almost $500.

D.C. must be putting Mercedes pumps in those Dakotas!
Old 05-27-2003, 09:06 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2 dr roadster, V-8, 4 spd.
Not Ranked     

SFCJ,

I think they are Chevy pumps!! How do I copy Turk on this post? Well, never mind, he's probably busy fixin one of his customer's Chevies
Old 05-27-2003, 09:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

You don't need to copy Turk. I am everywhere. No chebbies in the garage to fix.

Feel like the Maytag repairman. At least he had a TV gig. All I have left is this moderator thing, and Brent doesn't pay us enough. Sad, real sad.

Dodge breaks down and pump is $500.00, Chevy gets the blame.

What a country!! Love it.

TURK
Old 05-27-2003, 09:22 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hmmm,,,,,remember the "Q" on Star Trek?

,,,,,,,could be Turk,,,,,,

Ernie
Old 05-28-2003, 02:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Chip, towing the car on the open trailer really wasn't a problem (first time for me). I set my speed for 60 MPH. Air would get under it and lift the sides since there are no anchors on the doors. The two snaps right behind the doors (one on either side) would come loose. I have two scuff-lines approximately two inches long on the back side, on the outsides of the stripes. The interior did stay dry as it was steadily raining for the first two hours of the trip.