Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2003, 07:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR - 351 W
Not Ranked     
Smile Anybody going to DVSF in Ohio?

Not a cobra owner yet but need this event to figure out what to buy. London, Ohio is a 16 hour drive. Is anyone drving this from Florida? Otherwise has anyone been to London (Ohio) and know deals on flights and hotels in the area? I would prefer not to rent a car unless its a Cobra. Also, is the Friday events fun for non-members. I would guess so but have never been to one of these events. Thanks for your input.

Future owner.
Old 05-31-2003, 07:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: I'm Cobra-less!
Send a message via AIM to blykins
Not Ranked     

When is this meet?
Old 05-31-2003, 08:02 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Da Fling? It's gonna be BIG!

http://www.dvsf.com/Docs/Home.cfm

June 20, 21 and Sunday 22. Sunday will be the really BIG day, don't leave to early!

Link to the DVSF Web Site for indepth information and scheduling. This "meet" is way more than just a "meet"! This is HUGE, a MUST attend, BE there!

Finding a room in a hotel\motel close to the action is NOT going to be easy this late in the game. See the list on the DVSF.com web site, pull up a chair and let the phone calls begin.

There will be several Cobras For Sale and over 200 Cobras in general to inspect. You will be able to get a ride in one of your choosing during one of the events.

As I won't be able to attend; the Cobra I have there ALL READY will be for sale. Check out the link below.

For Sale, DV built Cobra at the FLING NOW!

I sure wouldn't want to miss the Friday night dinner/kickoff!! If your wanting to look closely at the cars and talk to the owners, Saturday is THE time to do that. Sunday will be to busy to get "that close" I suspect.

Ernie

Last edited by Excaliber; 05-31-2003 at 08:27 AM..
Old 05-31-2003, 08:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

You GOTTA be there guys, Cobra or not. If you don't own one yet you'll have the opporitunity to get up close and personal with examples from virtually every manufacturer and talk with their owners. Some of the more major manufacturers will be there with tons of information as well. You'll see fantastic cars, not just parked, but in action on an autocross and also banging gears and smoking tires on an empty airport. Best of all you will meet a bunch of great people and the whole thing is for a good cause, the Cystic Fibrosis foundation!
You can fly into Columbus, Ohio; London is a charming little town just a few miles east of Columbus proper with citizens who welcome the onslaught of 250-300 snakes and their people!
Whether you are bringing a Cobra or not you should register. This will get you into all of the venues and feed you at Friday nites gathering. Go here for all of the information DVSF website .
Did I say you GOTTA be there?
See you in London,
Jeff

--------------------------------------------
Do you have your DVSF Drive-A-Thon pledges yet?
Old 05-31-2003, 09:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2009 Solbra
Not Ranked     

I'm leaving on Thursday from Cape Coral, Florida to be there by Friday about 1,100 miles one way. I've been there for the first and second and this will be my 3rd. time. See you in June.
Dan Wulff
Old 05-31-2003, 07:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

MEET! A "MEET"? Heck this ain no MEET, it's an EVENT!

The largest Cobra Event in the world! (Can you guys believe that? ) The largest Cobra event ever, the most Cobras, the GREATEST family in the world! All in one place, at the same time,
all for the same cause, to have fun, share our cars and to help a very sick little girl and thousands like her.

DV..Yup, it's an event all right!

PS.. the party's are just for "us" and not the public. If you love these cars then you are one of "us", but you do have to register to get in on Fridays party and to enjoy the benefits not afforded to the general public. Get registered and welcome to the DVSF III!
Old 05-31-2003, 08:38 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     
Default DV - Get good Video footage this year...

Hey DV,
I was checking out your website from the previous DVSF events and the video footage.

Hopefully you guys can get some quality video footage of this years event too, with the various cars lined up from different angles, and people driving them by. We want to hear those motors too. For those who can't attend this year, it will be nice to see. Thanks, we'll be looking for it on your website afterwards. Duane
Old 06-02-2003, 04:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing #223
Not Ranked     

This is what distresses me...
Listening to you guys promote this event.
We have over 350 members in the DSCC. Cobra's from vertually every manufacturer...
Why aren't you all as enthused about coming to our event?
Central Florida is as far a drive if not shorter than Ohio.
What is our event missing?

Do you see why we are so upset when we cant get the club together to have a big show of our own in the South East!

This was the 3rd annual DSCC meeting and it is the 3rd DVSF....
What are we doing wrong?

Ed
FFR1997K
DSCC President.
Old 06-02-2003, 04:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ed,
Please don't be upset. Really. I'm not sure of the why's, nor the how's. It just happened. Maybe it's simply the location, or maybe it's the wonderfull appreciating town of Sturgis Ohio, ahh I mean London, Oh.

Maybe it IS the Mrs' Chocolate Chip Cookies! What ever it is I hope it never goes away. "WE" are so gratefull for all the support that at least up to this point, it has passed every expectation we ever dreamed of.

Remember the first year when the count actually hit 50 and then screamed to 137! That was remarkable. Now just two years later we have over 250 fire breathing snakes arriving and I really think we will see upwards of 300!

It takes "ALL" of us to make it work! Why it works...I have no idea!

DV...I sure hope you are coming!
Old 06-02-2003, 05:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Question

Video's-

I absolutely love the video of the DVSF (1). But you have to remember that was made up of over 30 home video's that were sent in to me after the first event.

We asked for the same thing last year but didn't receive enough footage to put one tape together. But, to everyone's defense...we were all so busy last year having fun I didn't hardly see any video cameras out!

"Flingers", if you want another home made video of this years Fling, mount those cameras on your roll bars, get you passanger to video "on the move", have one of the kids video the events, send me a copy and WE WILL put together a DVSF III video!

This year will be absolutely nothing like the previous two! OSU and a full blown SCCA event, the Madison County Airport with full "show off" launches, and slide slipping turns, the "RipChords" in concert, and giving away Jenny's KMP FIA Cobra! And, the parade! 250 plus Cobras signed up for the parade this year, right through the heart of downtown Columbus!

DV... Yep...I think we have a true "photo-op" here
Old 06-02-2003, 12:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing #223
Not Ranked     

DV,
I'm not upset, just stumped. Trying to figure out what it will take to get our local Cobra's out in force. Maybe it's spring fever...

Congrats on having such a huge turn out for your event. I can't imagine the hours of preparation that goes into an event like this.
We down here in Florida are in awe at what you have done.

I am trying to work with SAAC and the local Cobra manufacturers to put on a show that will attract more Cobra enthusiasts.

You have something really special happening in Ohio and I hope to make it one of these days.
My wife and I only recently had to give up our hotel reservations as our list of things to do out numbered our financial abilities.
Sebring was one of those things I couldn't pass on, and now Roebling road....

I sincerely hope this year far surpasses your wildest expectations.
I pray our "Reptile Roundup" can generate 1/8th your attendance.

Thanks for your thoughts, and have a wonderful show!

Ed
FFR1997K
DSCC President.
Old 06-16-2003, 05:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Don't worry Ed, our slow moving southerners will get around to it one of these days. You know how it goes up north, everything happens quickly. It usually takes a little longer down here in the South!!!!

CobraDoc