28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2003, 08:44 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Smile Nashville Open Track Event

For anyone who would like to go!!!!!!!!!!
Eric Miller

www.musiccitymustangclub.org

High Speed Fun In Music City III

Be a part of third annual MCA Sanctioned event at the Nashville Superspeedway

Put your car through the paces at near race speeds and truly experience what only a few will ever have the opportunity to do. High speed action - your car, it doesn't get any better than this. Space is limited so register early.

Nashville Superspeedway
Awaits you …
Experience it! Open to all Makes and Models

July 4-5, 2003
Hosted by:
Music City Mustang Club
TN Region SAAC

Registration Deadline June 20, 2003

Name: _______________________________ Address: __________________________________________________ _

City: _____________________ State: ______ Zip: ________ Phone: ( )____________Fax: ( ) ____________

E-Mail: ____________________ Year: ______ Car Make: _________ Model: __________ Color: _______________

Lic. Tag #: ___________ Comp. Lic. # (if applicable) _______________

COMPETITIVE DRIVING EXPERIENCE LEVEL

Novice ____ Intermediate ____ Experienced ____ Competition ____

List below any Driving Schools, Competitive events, or any other Driver
Qualifications. Placement in Driver Classes will be at the Discretion of the Music City Mustang Club and will be final __________________________

__________________________________________________ ____________

__________________________________________________ ____________ ENTRY FEES

___ Fri. Open Track ($135.00) _______

___ Sat. Open Track ($135.00) _______

___ Garage Bay Rental ($100.00) _____
(TWO DAY FLAT FEE)
___ Vendor Space Rental ($50.00)_____ (10'x20' each)

Total _______

NOTE: The event will be held rain or shine.
Registrations are non-transferable.
Confirmations and Drive Packages
will be mailed by June 20, 2003

Registration
Event Steward
Hotel
Scott Lickteig
Jim Chism
Hampton Inn
Comfort Suites Information:
615-867-1058
615-446-0520
615-444-7400
615-443-0027
frosty347@earthlink.net
tradwnd@aol.com
$65.00/night
$72.00/night
Make checks payable and mail to:
High Speed Fun in Music City
7612 Drag Strip Road
Fairview, TN 37062
Old 06-04-2003, 10:15 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

66;

I'm planning on going,look for me in the garage in the 65 Fastback GT-350 (look-a-like) red w/ white stripes. Kinda a long haul for me at least 10 hours..... I was at SAAC 28 and heard about the open track event there....

What color car do you have and will you be in the garage?????? I'll look you up,plan to be there both days,hoping for good weather as I have booked my room and am sending my money for the garage stall and track fee....

David
Old 06-04-2003, 01:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 2401 street 289 Cobra and CSX 3288 Street "427" Cobra
Not Ranked     

David, I am glad you will get out on the track at Nashville. I was in withdrawal (from the beers you bought me and from the lack of open track) when I was at SAAC-28. That's the first time in 15 or more years I haven't done the track with my 289. But 40 year old cars at high speed have caused me to reconsider such activities. I need a track prepared car, so beware, I'm looking and I'll probably be out there at the next SAAC event held in our neck of the woods. Have fun! Jim
Old 06-04-2003, 02:05 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jim;

I do not blame you,if I had any of your cars they would never see track time with me.....too valuable to me for that....

My going to SAAC-28 was kinda a last minute deal... The rooms were there for us and so was my ride,but other commitments had me waiting till the last minute to decide. I knew about the Vintage Racing at SAAC-28,but honestly,I did not know it would be an open track event also and my car as it sits would pass inspection..... Had I known that I would have brought it.... Kinda burned out on drag racing and always wanted to autocross or do an open track. Now I have my chance to try it.

I have a guy who has been Vintage Racing for 10 years or so and been to a number of driving schools and hold three different driving licenses,one of which is an SCCA license,who is going to tutor me and act as my driving instructor for this event.... Hope all goes well,will bring extra brake pads just in case....

See you down the road,

David
Old 06-04-2003, 06:54 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

David,

I hope to be there on Friday.I will probably just use my trailer.I was talking to a friend who is working the event and I had so much fun at SAAC 28 I thought abut trying this one.
I hope to meet there.I have a red/white Unique.

Eric Miller
Old 06-04-2003, 07:15 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Eric;

We will drive up to Lebanon on thursday and be at the track bright and early friday morning,also saturday and leave for home sunday am. I'll be in the garage probably next to a 65 GT-350,white w/blue stripes and about a 6'6" tall guy (owner/driver)....

I usually wear one of my company caps---white w/ blue logo---CENLA DAMAGE APPRAISERS-----,look for me and I'll look for you,after the track closes we'll have a drink or two...

Another way to spot me will be the red 65 Fastback running LAST in the novice group (me)....

David
Old 06-21-2003, 05:34 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Eric & anyone else there;

E-mailed Jim Chism the other day,we will be two cars for sure and possibly four there. He is going to give us adjoining garage stalls so we can "share" tools and equipment... My car is a red w/white stripes 65 Fastback GT-350 (look-a-like),I'll be next to a original 65 GT-350 (white w/blue stripes) vintage racer Number 51 B on both sides....

Look us up and come visit,maybe after the track closes we can get together and swap lies over a beer or something....

Been working on my car all weekend to get it ready... Did some changes to the front end suspension and put a bigger front sway bar on,man did that help it out.... Also, a buddy loaned me a brand new Holley 600 cfm double pumper,new in the box,never opened. He had it for his 67 Fastback and just had not put it on. Bolted it on and a first for me,had no gas leaks anywhere.....Man there is a hell of a difference between a vacum secoundary and a double pumper....When you nail it in first,you better watch the tach and be ready to shift because that things jumps to 6000rpms right now,a lot quicker than I expected.... First-second and third gears are much much quicker,forth is still better but with my tall rear gear (3.00) it feels like you are not accelarating very fast anymore.... No need for forth gear at Nashville as my car does about 105 or so mph in third at 5500 to 6000 rpms....Will use to the heck out of first and second though....

See you at the track.....

David
Old 06-23-2003, 05:05 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

David you can count on it,Im looking forward to it.I just got back from DVSFIII and had a blast.I need to get my car ready for the 4 July now.

Eric
Old 07-08-2003, 06:03 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

David,

Glad to meet you last friday.Hope your trip was worth it.

Eric

Guess whos in the two red cars?

Attached Images

Old 07-08-2003, 08:20 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Eric;

Yes, long trip, 10 hours each way,but worth it,you bet,most fun I've had with my clothes on.....

Great meeting you also,had a ball both days,saturday they let me move up a class,ran some good lap times,but the others in class ran a lot better times. Those $59.00 Wal Mart tires,6.5 inches wide and 1978 Granada brakes just do not cut it against Vipers/Porches/Vettes/Roush Mustangs/Sallens/ and a bunch of supercharged SVO/SVT Mustangs....But they better look out next year,I'll have brakes/tires/racing seat and four point seat belts as well as a few other mods... but I did hold off one 944 and a couple of Vettes,but got my lunch ate by a 18 to 20 year old girl five foot nothing 87 pounds soaking wet in a Miata!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That little gal could DRIVE.....

Later this week will post a new thread with details and pics,been too busy since I got home....
David
Old 07-09-2003, 05:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by DAVID GAGNARD

. got my lunch ate by a 18 to 20 year old girl five foot nothing 87 pounds soaking wet in a Miata!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That little gal could DRIVE.....

David
Gee, I bet that was TC driving Chipperb's car. No wonder they ducked out of the Willis early.
Old 07-09-2003, 10:37 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Johan;

I have no idea who she is,all I know she said she had done some autocrossing in the drivers meeting. She was driving a red Miata and she could drive,but she did spin out in front of me one time,made a quick recovery and kept on trucking......

David
Old 07-09-2003, 10:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

TC's car is easy to recognize with the bumper sticker
"If you beat me you can eat me"
Old 07-09-2003, 10:49 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Do not remember seeing any bumper stickers on this car front or rear.....

David