28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2003, 05:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking ED Per our Conversation made the group

I was talking with Ed yesterday and we thought that with the ammount of local guys driving/building in the greater West Central Florida area It might be nice to splinter (sorta) and start a Yahoo Group with an Email reflector that we could use to get local help for stuff like puting bodies on or droping engines in.

Not to exclude anyone all are welcome!

Here's the scoop.

The group is called - WC Cobra's
Messages posted (reflected to everyone)WCCobras@yahoogroups.com

If your a current Yahoo member you can subscribe by
postiing to WCCobras-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

If your not then JOIN and we can plan local get togethers and exchange ideas an beers!

Rich

oh BTW I made this a join by approval so that we don't get hammered with gooffy posts and spam. All who try to join will be approved.
I want to build the best driver I can... for now... (OK that's what I told mama... now its a stroked 347!!!, trickflow, airgap, msd.... you get the picture... I hide the bills!!!!... delivery of engine January 03!!!!
Old 06-12-2003, 04:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing #223
Not Ranked     

Rich,
Thanks for taking the time and making the group.
Was WCFlaCOBRAS unavailable?

Anyway, I tried to send you a message this morning via the e-group and I was unable to send the message.
My e-mail is not listed with the group.
GE blocks yahoos e-group in our i-explorer so I will register tonight when I get home.

PS, I'm getting everything together for Saturday afternoon (about 3:00) to go to Tom's and install his engine.tranny.
afterwards we are headed to your place to install the body on your Cobra.

Talk to you later.

Thanks,
Ed
FFR1997K
Old 06-12-2003, 06:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Had to get "Approved"

Ed, I thought that It was "automagical" when I created the group. It had to be approved (If I had known that I would have waited proir to posting). Anywho, Dan Wulff must have gotten in and after I got home from work he was/is the FIRST Approved member. I set the group to "BY Approval" so that we don't have SPAM from causal Idiots. Unfortunately It adds a day to getting in but only approved folk can post. Soon as I see a legit email address I approve them. I even get an e-mail that I can click to aprove as new members ask. COOL thing is that we have a "WEB" page that we can use pehaps to link question photos to the club one..!

Rich
I want to build the best driver I can... for now... (OK that's what I told mama... now its a stroked 347!!!, trickflow, airgap, msd.... you get the picture... I hide the bills!!!!... delivery of engine January 03!!!!
Old 06-12-2003, 06:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

TampaRMC

This may be an interesting setup. I am not sure how much time I will have right now. I try to participate.

Sent request today to WCCobras.

Ed
Old 06-13-2003, 04:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing #223
Not Ranked     

Rich,
Can you please add my e-mail to the list of "approved" members.
My internet at home is sporatic at best.

Ed
edward.kamptner@med.ge.com
Old 06-13-2003, 03:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Thanks for the intrest EdOrlando

We arn't starting a new BBS or WEB. We simply want an easy way to contact the local guys for questions or goofing off. If you want to join and just be able to send emails to the group I can do that with out you having to Yahoo around. I just need permission from you and your e-mail address like Ed just did above.

Rich

Engineer Ed - made you a modorator so you can add folks too...
Old 07-07-2003, 04:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2009 Solbra
Not Ranked     

Rich,
If you had a copy of our membership list could you email them individually to get that permission. It would really be nice to have away to mass email our members when we are trying to tell them of our events. Maybe it would be nice if we also had a state by state list.
Dan