28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2003, 10:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 930, 427 Windsor T56
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Reptile Roundup reports and pics...Post em here.

What a great time. Everything went smooth. Thanks to everyone who participated and organized the event.

Pics in my gallery. The in car shots are from the passenger seat of Jerry Rowleys beautiful Unique. Thanks for the ride Jerry.

Have Fun!

BDR #930
08 Corvette Coupe
92 Sunburst Yellow Miata
#81 Saturn V Miata Crapcan racer
Panoz GTRA #42
Old 11-16-2003, 12:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC, Ford 464 C.I.D. 535 H.P.
Not Ranked     
Default Gatorac, Hey!

Good to have you along friend! I enjoyed our ride on the poker rally. It was really great to see everyone again, and also to meet some new faces in Cobras. The entire event was fantastic and kudos go out to all who worked so hard to put this on - Ed & Renee, Ruble and the rest - great job!!!!

Having 41 drivers on Gainesville track was good to see and Ed ran it so well it was a blast. We got a good show from the Backdraft racecar and from Dennis in the Superformance, WOW, these guys are real fast. The rest of us had a good time and I must say Ed, Tom Jones and the FFR Spec Racer/Autox car did a real fine job beating this old man! I gave it a good try, but they got me fair and square with those FFR small block light cars.

The Poker Rally was a very fun trip of about 70 miles on a absolutely perfect day. The horse country we went through was awesome to see and quite beautiful for a nice drive with 30 cobras having fun!

Ed, I can hardly wait 'till next time, you did a superb job my friend.
My hats off to all that participated, glad I could tag along.

Last edited by jerry rowley; 11-16-2003 at 12:22 PM..
Old 11-17-2003, 09:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hunter 427, 5.0 (302)
Not Ranked     

reposted from the other reptile roundup thread

Here is a quick report

We had an unofficial count of 40 drivers at the Gainesville Test and Tune track day. There were several cars with two drivers and we had two 2003 Cobra Mustangs. Engineer Ed was the quickest of the mere mortals but we all just stood with our jaws on the ground as Reg Dodd in his Race Car...err...Backdraft Cobra put on an awesome display of speed along with Tony Martin from South Africa. Dennis Olthoff from Superformance while a tick slower in his more conventional Street legal Cobra put on a driving display worthy of a Joey Chitwood show. Just Imagine a Cobra with super wide tires "Dirt Tracking" on a flat paved 24 foot wide road course. He was sideways thru 270degree turns with the throttle blipping, arms swinging, brakes smoking and the crowd bowing to this driving show. You just had to be there and if you missed it you should be ashamed.

After the hard day at the track the participants and pit crews caravan to Ocala and cleaned up at the hotel and several of us went to Chili's for beer and grub and told tall tales of our professional driving skills. Some of the less family oriented members closed down Hooters restaurant across the street from the Hampton.

Early on Saturday another caravan to Don Garlits Museum of Drag Racing for a Car show and vendor Display. The vendors/Sponsors were: Ink Spot Design for T-shirts, Whitby Motorcars, Factory Five Racing, Shamrock Cobras, Olthoff Superformance, Backdraft and Hunter's Kit Cars. We have to give thanks to Finish Line, Hunters Kit Cars and Backdraft for providing Door prizes. Special thanks should be given to Don Garlits for providing his wonderful facility for our use and I hope everybody got to enjoy his Museum of amazing cars. Big Daddy himself sat at the Deep South Cobra Clubs table and provided free autographed pictures of himself and his cars. It was an honor to sit next to one of my all time favorite drivers and watch grown men go speechless when trying to think of something to have him say on his autograph. There were several other vendors selling Cobra shirts and taking awesome pictures of peoples Cobras and putting them on large poster prints for a reasonable fee.

At 2:00 we raffled what seamed like an endless supply of Cobra parts, wall hangings, accessories and outdated Club memorabilia. One lucky winner who had purchased $30 worth of raffle tickets won what seamed like hundreds of dollars worth of Cobra merchandise. Another winner of a Cobra Nose wall hanging was generous and gave his big prize to a young boy making his day. Maybe his wife did not want it hung in the living room?

At 3:00 we cleaned Garlits grounds up and started our poker run on a very scenic route thru the countryside surrounding the Ocala Area. We visited the airport, went to several small parks, passed the world famous Cafe Risque(no it was not an official stop), rumbled thru historic Micanopy, Florida and ended up at Hightowers restaurant for the dinner buffet. After Dinner several of us drove thru the brisk night air back to the Garlits Museum to retrieve our tow vehicles and make a few needed repairs. We then went back to the Hampton for hours of telling tall tales while having a few adult beverages.

Early Sunday we sat at the breakfast buffet at the hotel and said our good-byes as we all made our way back home with smiles on our faces from all the fun and new friends we made.

Ruble Moore
Old 11-17-2003, 09:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jim
NIce pictures and your '66 stang is beautiful.
Old 11-22-2003, 01:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2009 Solbra
Not Ranked     

I can see from the posts that I missed a great event and Jim's newest Toy. Last years event was great with rain so I know without has to be a even more of an event. When's next years dates so I won't plan something on those dates?
Dan
Old 12-27-2003, 11:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2009 Solbra
Not Ranked     
Default Where's Don Gartlets?

Old 01-11-2004, 10:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default We are famous

We made the Kit Car Builder magazine

http://reptileroundup.proboards20.co...num=1073765622