Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft
Not Ranked     
Default 2-day Sebring track event "Cobra-Palooza"

Gator Nation Cobra Fest
"Cobra Palooza"

May 12th & 13th 2006
Sebring International Raceway

The event is sponsored by McMichael Motorsports Inc and the Deep South Cobra Club. The event is designed to be a fun driver's education event. There will be several run groups designed for beginner, intermediate, and advanced skilled drivers. Licensed competitors will fall into a separate category. There will be two full days of track time and if like previous events, the drivers will wear out before the track time is over.

The track will be the full 3.7 mile course of Sebring. This track is most notable for the longest running endurance race in the United States. The Mobil 1 12 Hours of Sebring is the start of the sports cars racing series for the American Le Mans Series. Sebring is the scene of some of the greatest racing in this country. With so many of “golden age of racing” circuits gone, it is a special treat to run where the greats of the past have driven to glory.

Registration: To reserve a sport you may register with McMichael Motorsports or the Deep South Cobra Club. The cost is $300 for expenses. Instruction will be provided by both the club and McMichael Motorsports. Individual instruction can be provided with an addition charge. Acceptance will be on a first come-first serve basis. Specific run groups will be provide for special groups of cars and drivers.

Safety: This is a training event, NOT a race. The purpose of the event is to provide a safe venue for performance car drivers. We want this to be a fun and safe event. Any driver that is behaving in an unsafe manner will be excused from the track.

Recommended equipment:

For anything but beginners: Drivers suit and helmet, fire extinguisher or system in the car, no loose objects, safety wire knock off wheels, functional roll bar or cage, battery terminals taped or covered and catch cans for fluids. Finally 4 or 5 point harness...
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED additional but optional items are; SA Rated helmet, neck support, covers or tape for headlights, gloves and shoes, high performance tires, no antifreeze in engine, emergency battery cut off switch and arm restraints. Heat will be an issue….hydrate yourself and check equipment.

Beginners: We request the above but realize this may be an issue for you. You will need a helmet and 4 point harness minimum. Arm restraints are recommended. Try to have a fire extinguisher installed. On your application form please note any equipment you may need to borrow and we’ll see if we can help.

We reserve the right to place drivers in certain groups based on equipment. Remember to prepare your car prior to the event. We plan to tech inspect cars Thursday night and early Friday morning. Be ready.

Accommodations: The Sheraton Chateau Élan is providing rooms for us at $89.00 per night. Their phone number is 863 655 7207 and mention McMichael Motorsports or Cobra event. Deep South Cobra will do its best to provide other forms of entertainment in the “heart of hill country” Florida. We look forward to seeing you there!

Schedule of events

Thursday, May 11th Arrival at Sebring. Early Tech Inspection. Hotel parking lot
4:00 pm to 6:00 pm

Friday, May 12th Set and sign in 7:00 am to 9:00 am Tech will continue:
9:00 am Drivers meeting (REQUIRED for ALL drivers!)
9:20 am Track orientation required for first time Sebring drivers
Track time 9:45 am Group 2 (intermediate cobra)
10:15 am Group 3 (advanced cobra)
10:45 am Group 1 (beginners cobra)
11:15 am Group 4 (can am group)
11:45 am Group 5 (other??)

Lunch 12:00 to 1:00 pm

Track Time Repeat of above.
Last run 4:30 pm end at 5:00

Friday night: Cobra Palooza
After a long day of “not” racing, come join us for dinner and entertainment at the Cobra Palooza ranch (aka Steve Royce’s ranch) Maps to the ranch will be handed out at the track.
We will be grilling food, hosting a bon fire and generally hanging out and talking about how much fun we had burning up fuel and tires at the Sebring raceway.
If you like to camp, have a tent or trailer? Please feel free to stay the night at the ranch.
This is a BYOBeer and BYOfood event. A grill will be available.

Saturday, May 13th

Repeat as above but we will start the track at 8:00 am. Sessions will again end at 5:00.

There are several places to eat close to the track. The hotel. And airport café are the closest. We recommend lots of water light snacks. The heat will take its toll on us. Be sure to prep you car before and after each session. You are responsible for you safety and the other participants. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to call Lisa Rockmore (McMichael Motorsports) (770) 965 9330 /
fax (770) 965 9391 or
Ed Kamptner: President, DSCC (813) 887-2340 / email: president@deepsouthcobraclub.com

Please fill out registration form and send in today. Your early payment assures you a spot.
Return registration paperwork with payment to:

McMichael Motorsports Inc.
Attention: Lisa Rockmore
5289 Winder Hwy.
Braselton, GA 30517
-or-
Deep South Cobra Club
3668 Misty Woods Circle
Pace, FL 32571
Old 04-24-2006, 01:13 PM
GEAR GRINDER CUM LAUDE
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1560 w/ Ford Racing [RDI/AFR/RPM] Alum. 427CI - 575HP & TKO
Not Ranked     
Smile I may make it!

Just spoke with Eng. Ed and told him I might be able to make it.
Some things have come up that might delay my 1st trip north to NC, which may make Sebring a possibility for me.
I really want to try out my new dry sump on a real road course. I think this is where all my oiling problems started last year, but didn't show up until Roebling Road.
I've got my fingers crossed.

TL
Old 04-24-2006, 06:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing #223
Not Ranked     

Terry must have run out of excuses.....