14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2006, 06:49 PM
GEAR GRINDER CUM LAUDE
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1560 w/ Ford Racing [RDI/AFR/RPM] Alum. 427CI - 575HP & TKO
Not Ranked     
Angry What's up with the DSCC?

I just received an email wanting me to update my info for the club. What's with this? If I can receive an email, then I guess you've got my info!
Some dude named Jeff Hess is claiming to be the secretary.
Who are the officers? It would be nice for someone to post the info from the annual meeting somewhere!!!! Not all of the members (including myself) were able to make the Sebring event last month.
There seems to be little, if no action, on this site or the DSCC web site! Has everyone lost interest in the club? If so, maybe I should just leave the Cobra up here in NC when Carol and I come back to Fla. for the winter.

TL
Old 11-18-2006, 06:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2009 Solbra
Not Ranked     

First off the guys name is Larry Hess, and he volunteered for the job, as most people have changed to a Hi-Speed connection and never get back to us with their new email addresses. In fact I remember asking for your new email or Larry would have had it bounced back as most will be and thats why the Deep South Cobra Club is up dateing it's lists. We would rather have an active membership list than haveing a list to how many people have owned a cobra at one time in their life and now no longer have any interests at all with the DSCC.

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.
(No doubt, most will blame it on the donuts.)
You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me
Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
The gene pool could use a little chlorine.
The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.
Old 11-18-2006, 07:29 AM
GEAR GRINDER CUM LAUDE
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1560 w/ Ford Racing [RDI/AFR/RPM] Alum. 427CI - 575HP & TKO
Not Ranked     

Dan,
I sent you my new email address (along with a note requesting no fun photos). If you misplaced it - then I understand.
I still got the email from Jeff - when I don't recognize a sender I just delete it or report it as spam, as I am sure most people do.

You didn't answer my other questions in your post.
1.) Officers for 2006-2007
2.) Interest in club - there is no action on either CC or the DSCC web site.

Maybe someone else can post something about track events (if there are going to be any coming up).

TL
Old 11-18-2006, 01:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2009 Solbra
Not Ranked     

Terry,
I have recieved Larry or Jeffs request twice now and we talk on the phone a least once a week, it is actually Larry. Contact Ed as he has tried to talk to everyone with one of those Yahoo accounts where everyone gets the same email, we have tried this before and normally get three people to join. Jason has just worked on our offical web site and now I can't get on as it doesn't recognize me CobraDan or my password. If you wouldn't have run away from the non existent hurricanes you would be up on the latest endeavors of our club.

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.
(No doubt, most will blame it on the donuts.)
You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me
Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
The gene pool could use a little chlorine.
The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.
Old 11-18-2006, 03:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 4071, SHP 408 Carb dry sump, G-Force T-5, 4 into 4 headers, 3-link 8.8 with 3.55 gears in the rear
Not Ranked     

Terry,

We miss you mountain man. We are attempting to get communications running smoothly. Since the events for the DSCC are targeting the bigger tracks (more planning effort) and the membership continues to grow (500+) we need to make sure we have everyones correct contact info. We also are very dependant on making sure we get enough support for these large events. With the last event mailings we got back so many bad emails and mailing addresses that we have decided to weed out the list. We will make every attempt to contact with the contact info we have, and then as a last resort place no replys on a "no contact" list.
As far as the officers; Ed is president, and I am the vice president. Ruble has stepped down as treasurer. We thank him for his MANY years of dedicated service to the club. Chris Dedyo has accepted the position of treasurer. We have added a new secretary position to the DSCC due to the great amount of work we need to support the events we are planning. Larry Hess has accepted this very important secretarial position for the club.
We have 3 events scheduled in Gainesville this winter. We have also started an eGroup. This is the method we will use to communicated with our members.
Now... bring your Cobra down and come play with us this Jan in Gainesville! I'm building a new engine and hope to have it runinning for it's debue run. Yea I'm gonna kick some asp with the new combo.

Thanks,
Robert
Old 11-19-2006, 06:57 AM
GEAR GRINDER CUM LAUDE
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Robert,
You answered my questions.

Now how do I get back to Larry???? (I deleted the request as spam)

I know Ed has all my current info. The email address he has follows me between Fla. and NC.

Plans are to be in Fla. for Dec. - mid March. It's getting cold up here now, might even snow tonite. I have more to do than I can handle up here. The guest house is almost done now. I had to get a real office to do some drawing. (need to keep Carol happy) The main house plans have changed as our long range plans are to move up here permanently. It probably won't be for acouple of years.

Thanks again,

TL
Old 11-19-2006, 11:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 4071, SHP 408 Carb dry sump, G-Force T-5, 4 into 4 headers, 3-link 8.8 with 3.55 gears in the rear
Not Ranked     

Terry,
On Dec 2 a group is headding to Sebring to participate with the Historic Vintage race going on there. We get special pricing. If you can make it send Ed an email, or give hime a call. There is also an invitation to go to Silver Springs for a big Ford show being held there. Then our track events start Jan 27th in Gainesville.
Robert