Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2008, 06:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR # 184 Roush 402R/TKO500
Not Ranked     
Default DSCC Turn 1 Corral for the 12-Hours of Sebring March 12-15

The DSCC has reserved the Turn 1 corral area FOR THE 12-HOURS OF SEBRING ON MARCH 12-15

This is a DSCC sponsored social event PAID for by the DSCC. The event is discounted for members only. Newsletter subscribers are also eligible to purchase tickets.

TICKETS NEED TO BE PURCHASED FROM THE Deep South Cobra Club THE DISCOUNTED MEMBER PRICING IS FOR CORRAL TURN 1 TICKETING & PARKING AND IS NOT AVAILABLE TO THE PUBLIC NOR TICKETS PURCHASED FROM THE SEBRING WEBSITE. The Corral is restricted access parking (no public access) and is limited to 25 spaces.

Go to the Sebring Raceway website for race details: Sebring International Raceway

Contact Ed Kamptner for questions at: president@dscc.us
Old 02-19-2008, 07:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arntz/SBC/Jag
Not Ranked     
Default Thats pretty cool!

As a Sebring regular, I can attest to how excellent it is to have a reserved area like that !
Come Saturday morning your lucky to even get your car on the grounds, much less have a decent spot to park.
A group of my friends and relatives always have someone show up when the gates open and stake out an area along the Gurney Bend next to the Family Campground, and it's amajor hassle to do that every year, but we've been there for over 15 years now.

We come into this world naked, screaming, and covered in blood. With dedication and a little planning, you can go out the same way.

View my overflow Gallery (much more to come !)
Old 02-19-2008, 08:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 930, 427 Windsor T56
Not Ranked     

The area is huge. Last year there was 5 RV's and maybe 7 cars total in a 2 acre area. You look across the track and see people and RV's packed in like sardines. We put two RV's end to end parallel with the track. It was incredible. Nobody is allowed into the area without a special pass. This keeps all your stuff safe while your out and about and keeps the riff raff from partying right outside your window.

This years race should be awesome. Peugeot will be there to challenge the Audi's. Peugeot to run Sebring Lou Gigliotti will be fielding a Corvette in the GT2 class. Also in GT2 this year we'll see Aston Martin, Dodge, Ford GT, Panoz, Ferrari and Porsche.

If your there early on Saturday you can wander amongst the cars and drivers on the grid.

If you've ever thought about coming, this is the year. Having a parking and hospitality area is rare.

Have Fun!

BDR #930
08 Corvette Coupe
92 Sunburst Yellow Miata
#81 Saturn V Miata Crapcan racer
Panoz GTRA #42
Old 02-20-2008, 05:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing #223
Not Ranked     
Default An Awesome event put on by YOUR DSCC!

OK, lets get those ticket orders in.
The CUTOFF DATE TO ORDER TICKETS IS FEBRUARY 29TH.

Tickets for the corral are now available for purchase in our web store.
DSCC Members Store -

Non-Member Store -
Price in non-member store includes DSCC Membership!

Club Corrals "should" include parade laps.
We are currently verifying this with Sebring Raceway.
I will post date and time for the parade laps if parade laps will be included with our Cobra corral.

I'd like to provide this venue for our members every year but the cost is substantial.
If we can obtain sufficient attendance numbers I will bring this event to the attention of our vendors and hopefully garner sponsorship for 2009 and beyond.

Backdraft Racing - is supporting us this year with lunch on Saturday.
Many thanks to Reg and his team for their continued support of the DSCC!

I hope to see a good showing of Cobra's.
Crossing my fingers.

Ed
President, DSCC
Old 02-21-2008, 05:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft #520, 302 FORD racing Z50Z,t-56,391 posi
Not Ranked     

We can't wait! This should be a GREAT time :P The parade lap is a blast at Sebring, let hope we all can participate. We look forward to seeing you all there!
Old 02-21-2008, 05:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2473, Roush 427R
Not Ranked     

Bought my ticket yesterday (4 day pass). Looking forward to it!
Old 02-21-2008, 05:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing #223
Not Ranked     
Default Sorry guys, No parade laps

Here is the info I received from Sebring Raceway:

As for the other corrals (Porsche, Corvette, BMW, & Acura) , they are sanctioned by IMSA, who arranges for driver and factory VIP appearances, tech talks, and the parade laps. Each of them are paying anywhere from $30K to $60K . They are factory backed and are bringing in a lot of bodies through the front gate.

Ed
Old 02-27-2008, 03:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 930, 427 Windsor T56
Not Ranked     

Ed

I have a couple of friends that want to come to the race. They don't have a Cobra or anything nice to park in the Turn 1 area. They would like to come hang out with us though. Is there an option for them? Should they purchase tickets through the DSCC website?

Thanks a pile.

Have Fun!

BDR #930
08 Corvette Coupe
92 Sunburst Yellow Miata
#81 Saturn V Miata Crapcan racer
Panoz GTRA #42
Old 03-13-2008, 10:06 AM
GEAR GRINDER CUM LAUDE
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1560 w/ Ford Racing [RDI/AFR/RPM] Alum. 427CI - 575HP & TKO
Not Ranked     

I spoke with ENG ED yesterday, and it looks like I will be joining y'all at Turn 1 on Saturday for the big race. I will be bringing Dave, my son, if everything goes as planned. This was a last minute decission to come up. I really look forward to seeing all my DSCC buddies again -It's been TOO LONG!
The price sure has gone up. Heck, I remember back in '65 when Shelby made his debut with the 427 Cobras and the GT40's; the gate price was $25 per person, one of us hid in the back of my Vett, so we had more money for beer

If I keep my schedule, I will also be catching up with the group again at Roebling Road on my way back up to NC. I left the Cobra up there for the winter, so there won't be any track time for me Guess I'll just have to watch and drink mucho beers
TL