Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2009, 09:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Ruble not doing so good...

Hello to all DSCC members. This is Jason Moore who use to run the DSCC website. I'm in the USMC I wanted all of you to know that my dad Ruble had a massive stroke Dec. 21st 2008. To all of you who knew him he is not the same person as he is today. Most of his right side is paralyzed. He cannot move his right arm and leg. He is at UAB hospital right now since he had the stroke. Last i heard from him, he had gotten a kidney infection and was in intense rehab. He is going to need your warm wishes and lots of support to pull threw this hard time in his life. I'm trying my best not to cry as im typing this. If anyone wants to know any additional information please email me at splintercell1786@gmail.com

Semper Fi
Lcpl Moore
Old 01-08-2009, 10:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427 (KMP 266); CAV GT40
Not Ranked     

I am sorry to hear this news. It was Ruble that led me to buying my first cobra kit and was always helpful if I had questions. I remember him talking about his son and the help you were in running the website. Let us know what we can do. chuck smith
Old 01-08-2009, 12:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1969 Mustang Fastback Pro-Street, constantly changing ongoing project!
Not Ranked     

Jason, I pray the Lord heals your Father & comforts your whole family during this time. Thanks for your Service, Hang in there,

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body; but rather a skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, "WOW, WHAT A RIDE!"
Old 01-08-2009, 12:45 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E-M / Power Performance / 521 stroker / Holley HP EFI
Not Ranked     

Jason,

What a shock to hear the news about Ruble.

Please tell Ruble we are thinking of him and hope for the absolute best recovery! Please keep us updated as to his progress.

Tom & Kay
Old 01-08-2009, 02:56 PM
GEAR GRINDER CUM LAUDE
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1560 w/ Ford Racing [RDI/AFR/RPM] Alum. 427CI - 575HP & TKO
Not Ranked     
Angry Jason, Thanks for the news

The news of Ruble's stroke has really hit both Carol and myself really hard. We go back almost 6 years now, of wonderful friendship and even some good old "trash talking." For those of us who have had the pleasure to know Ruble, we pray for the Lord's help with his rehab to bring back our friend.
I went thru a similar situation with my own father several years ago, so I understand the magnitude of a stroke. Rehab takes time and patience, along with lots of prayers from loved ones.

For those of you who haven't met Rubble Moore, let me just say that he is one of the nicest, kindest men I have had the pleasure to become aquainted with. He was the treasurer of the "Deep South Cobra Club" for many years and participated in our track events. He was always ready to help any member at the track who may have developed a problem. I will always remember him crawling under my car at one of my first track events to try to figure out a clutch problem. I was new to the club, but that didn't matter to him. He liked to brag about how he could compete against all the big HP, big stoke motors with his "soccer mom" 5.0 engine.

GOD'S SPEED MY FRIEND FOR A SPEEDY AND FULL RECOVERY,

Terry and Carol Lee

Last edited by terry lee; 01-08-2009 at 03:07 PM.. Reason: mis spelling
Old 01-08-2009, 04:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 930, 427 Windsor T56
Not Ranked     

OMG I'm shocked to hear this. I don't even know what to say. Ruble is a great guy. He's the only guy I know that wouldn't slow done even though his car was on fire.

Ruble

Lorrie and I love and miss you. We are praying for your health and hope to see you again soon. We had a blast together in the mountains of Georgia fighting off the man-eating elk. Those are still the best vacations we ever had. Get well soon buddy.

Jim & Lorrie
Old 01-08-2009, 04:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Sorry to hear about it, sounds the same as my old man 5 years ago. With stroke patients you do not look for progress day to day but month to month. My old man could not sit up in a bed afterwards without falling over. Previous day he was spreading sand through the yard in the middle of July. Today he walks with a cane. Slipped about 8 weeks ago while getting something out of the fridge at 3:00 in the morning an broke his hip but he is recovering once again slowly. He will get better just give it time.

The important thing for all you old farts is get your caradic arteries checked via ultrasound for $385. Best money you will ever spend, do not trust some doctor with a stethoscope. My old man went to the doctor 2 times a year, a fanatic about eating right and exercising. Never had the arteries checked and pop. One had probably been plugged 20 years.

Note the warning signs if you fall over for no reason, as he did the night before the stroke and thought nothing, warning #1. He sat down in the lazy boy at 9:00am and woke up at 3:00pm after sleeping all night, warning #2. Then bang stroke latter that night.

Do not mean to hijack the thread but I had no idea what a stroke was before my old man, now I am an expert.

We are thinking of you!!
Old 01-08-2009, 07:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Several
Not Ranked     

Prayers for your pop and thank you for your service.

Victor
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
George Washington
Old 01-08-2009, 08:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Racing #223
Not Ranked     

Jason,
Renee and I are speechless at the news.
I cannot find the words to express my sorrow at this news.
Ruble is, and will always be a very dear friend of mine.
Your dad and I go way back to the early days of the DSCC back in 2001.

I look back on all the track events and good times we had the past few years.
I can only hope and pray more of those days are in our future.....

Your dad is in our prayers and we send our wishes for his speedy and full recovery.
I left a message on your parents answering machine to call us.
I know your mom is likely at Rubles side, so if you get a chance, give me a call or send me your number.
(262) 623-6148

Ed and Renee Kamptner
Old 01-09-2009, 06:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Shocked and sorrow is an understatement of how I'm feeling. I'm sooooo sorry to hear about this. Ruble has always been strong, so true to his nature, he should pull through this like everything else he has encountered. It may not be tomorrow as it normally takes a long time to recover, but Ruble is strong, so in the future we can look forward to a full recovery. Ruble is in my prayers for a speedy recovery. Won't be too long and he'll be back on the track with his Hunter and buddies.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hurricane Motorsports, Southern Automotive 428 FE
Not Ranked     

I do not know Ruble but wanted to extend my condolences. I am sure with lots of hard work that recovery will be possible. I am sending my prayers your way.
Khan
Old 01-09-2009, 08:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC, Ford 464 C.I.D. 535 H.P.
Not Ranked     
Default Saddened

Jason, I was shocked to hear this bad news about your Dad, Ruble. As you know, Ruble was on e of the first cobra own ers I met here in this area back in 2000. We have had many good times together over these years. Can we get an address to send him a card, or should we send it to your Mom?

He is so young and vibrant and we will pray that he recovers fully from this set back Jason. He will be in my prayers each and every day.

God bless you and your family. Thank you very much for your service in USMC as well. The greatest outfit on earth - Semper fi!

Jerry Rowley
Old 01-09-2009, 09:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Aurora
Not Ranked     

Jason, My wife and I were shocked to hear about your dad. We have known Ruble since we got involved with the DSCC back in 2002. Please keep us informed about his progress. UAB is a great hospital, I have spent alot of time there working through a health issue with my wife. From what I observed, they work miracles there every day. Please let us know when he can have visitors.
We are praying for him every day and expect a speedy and full recovery. He was noticably absent this November at the Round-up, I always appreciate his technical help and sage humor. When you talk with him please tell him that all his friends from the DSCC are praying for him and expect to see him at the track ASAP!

Kim Crockett
Old 01-10-2009, 08:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I cannot express how much love and support you guys go threw everyday just to help my father go threw a speedy recovery. I do know some of you are Ruble's closest friends, this is why I posted this hear. Last time I went home he still has his cobra in the trailer in the backyard. If your wondering what he has been doing lately before his stroke, well he likes to ride his Harley Davidson motorcycle. By the way you guys are great people to hang out with. I'll call Ed tomorrow as it's late and i don't know if your asleep.

Ruble is still hanging in there. He keeps improving his speech everyday and is learning how to do the simplest things such as brushing his teeth and combing his hair with his left arm. He still needs help getting in and out of bed, but thats why my mother is there for him. I wish I could be with him every step of the way to encourage him to his speedy recovery.

Semper Fi,
Lcpl Moore

Last edited by splinter17; 01-10-2009 at 08:55 PM..
Old 01-14-2009, 12:30 PM
GEAR GRINDER CUM LAUDE
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1560 w/ Ford Racing [RDI/AFR/RPM] Alum. 427CI - 575HP & TKO
Not Ranked     

Jason,
The news that your Dad is able to do some of the simple things that you mentioned is really encouraging!!!!!!!!!! Lets keep praying that he only gets better!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TL
Old 01-14-2009, 01:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2009 Solbra
Not Ranked     

Jason,
Your Dad was in the Deep South Cobra Club as our 1st Secretary and Treasurer from the very beginning and I remember you tagging along when we first gathered in the beginning of our club. I’m really sorry to hear that your Dad is having such problems with his health and I and my wife Jean wish him a speedy recovery. Isn’t getting old hell?
From my records:
Ruble Moore
3668 Misty Woods Circle
Pace Florida, 32571

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.
(No doubt, most will blame it on the donuts.)
You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me
Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
The gene pool could use a little chlorine.
The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jason,

Hope your dad is still improving. Do you know if he has email access in the hospital and can access his home account? I'll bet a lot of his friends would like to converse with him through the internet if that is possible.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft #520, 302 FORD racing Z50Z,t-56,391 posi
Not Ranked     

Jason,
We have heard a lot about your Father, but we have never met him (yet). Our Prayers & Blessing go out to your father and all of you. My he have a speedy recovery and get back to doing some of the things he loves to do.
God Bless,
Wayne & Mary Ann
Old 01-20-2009, 04:56 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E-M / Power Performance / 521 stroker / Holley HP EFI
Not Ranked     

Hey Splinter,

Any update on Ruble? Hope he's doing much better!

Tom
Old 01-28-2009, 06:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Ruble, Get well soon or Spyderman may pay you a visit !