17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 12-27-2011, 02:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Excal. AC Cobra, 302, 2-4bbl carbs
Not Ranked     
Default Excalibur AC Cobra

Has anyone have in their possession an Excalibur AC Cobra? I have one and am doing some engine modification this year.
Has anyone had steering problems at high speed? I have not, but have heard of this, and wondering if it is an "old wives tale"?

Muldoon Here.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD Excalibur, '94-'95 5.0 EFI, Edelbrock heads, E303 cam, 1.7RR, Cobra intake, 24lb injectors, 93 cobra ECU, 65mm TB, hi flow cats.
Not Ranked     

I have one, modified top end and cam. In the process of upgrading to proper headers and side pipes to uncork it. Bob Bennett of Bennett Coachworks in Milwaukee is almost ready to start producing a complete bolt on header/exhaust for the Excalibur. Web site is Milwaukee WI Hot Rod Builders | Auto Restoration Services | Vehicle Updating | Bennett Coachworks. Knows these cars from preproduction days.

Never had high speed steering instability. Lots of wind buffeting and some front end lift. If there is slop in the steering shaft joints or lack of proper toe in, high speed steering could be an adventure.

Send me an email at mduke8 AT gmail.com and I'll forward you a registry of the cars with specific info about many of them and an info sheet about the specs, history, repairs and parts for these cars.

Interested in learning about your car.

Mike

Last edited by cobraduke; 12-28-2011 at 08:38 PM..
Old 12-29-2011, 08:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Excalibur, 302 EFI
Not Ranked     
Default Header/Exhaust

Mike,

If Bennett is serious I am interested as will be all other Excalibur owners who have not already replaced theirs. I am tired of rewelding.

Jim
Old 12-30-2011, 12:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Mike. I am interested in any information you have on the Excalibur. I will send you an email as you requested. I have had my Cobra now a little over a year and the side pipes are something least to be desired.
I know a guy in Oregon, "Pacific Roadster". He will be duplicating the side pipes for me soon for a reasonable price. All I have to do is re-install them, and re-install the heat shields. I experienced the same thing Jim has, however the side pipes on the passenger side, I discovered the exhaust has a hole in the bottom at the cluster.

That is what I thought on the steering. Mine is tight, and at high speed seems to track well. I just had some guy at the latest car show I was in tell me "that he heard", etc. etc. I just was not sure about his story, but it sounds like he was smokin something. lol !
I will email some photos of my Cobra to you, and I am always interested in seeing another Excalibur AC Cobra, so if you will please reciprocate.

Thanks

Jim

Last edited by Muldoon; 12-30-2011 at 12:15 PM.. Reason: Forgot something.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD Excalibur, '94-'95 5.0 EFI, Edelbrock heads, E303 cam, 1.7RR, Cobra intake, 24lb injectors, 93 cobra ECU, 65mm TB, hi flow cats.
Not Ranked     

Will do.

Mike
Old 01-02-2012, 06:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Where was it someone was asking for the last 3 numbers of the VIN number?
Old 01-08-2012, 10:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Last three of VIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muldoon View Post
Where was it someone was asking for the last 3 numbers of the VIN number?
Not sure if you are referring to an old post of mine or Tom. I keep a list available to any owner or enthusiast that tracks info on all the known cars. Probably 95+% complete accountability of the production VIN's. The last three will ID the car as they were never duplicated, although there are number gaps in the VIN sequence. So you can not say that 162 was the #162 (i.e, 162nd produced), more like about the 125-130th produced. We have good accountability of current (as of about 2007) VIN's in US and a good list from Germany, but some cars may have gone abroad with no known record of the US VIN. There are no currently located factory VIN production records. So we are dealing with VIN's recorded in the US and Germany as of about four years ago. There are indications a few went other places like the Mid East and Far East before any US registration was made. Not likely very many. The state DMV info is very incomplete. When we locate an actual owner, we try to fill in specific car info, such as color, options, miles, city located, modifications, etc.

I don't think I have received your email so I can send you what I have and to add info on 162. All I know about it is that it was last located in Washington State and has a red exterior. My email is mduke8 AT gmail.com

Mike

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: