24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 11-12-2006, 09:11 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: n/a
Send a message via Yahoo to imagine2frolic
Not Ranked     
Question Slabside

I am new to the idea of building a cobra replica. I had a Tiger about 30 years ago, and I am eager to relive that driving experience again. I am very interested in the Hawk car. I can't seem to get any really detailed shots of a build from the Hawk company. ERA has a really detailed web site, but they don't build a slabside.I went to their facility, and they produce a solid car. Can anybody help me with any information, and pics of the Hawk during a build. If it seems right, I will venture over to Enland late this winter to look around.................John
Old 11-12-2006, 09:22 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Consider adding Kirkham to your list of builders producing a replica of the original, slab-side 260-289 roadster. They offer a nearly identical aluminum-bodied car, using a narrowed frame from their 427 coil-spring car. They also produce a slab-side with a transverse, leaf-spring suspension. If I recall correctly, Kirkham believes the coil-spring car to be the better choice.

Hawk cars are very well thought of and their approach to design and construction differs from Kirkham's.
Old 11-12-2006, 12:18 PM
Regularly Offensive
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: spf
Not Ranked     

Hawk cars are Kirkham........

Too close for missles, switching to guns.........
Old 11-12-2006, 12:43 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427FE (sold & missed)
Not Ranked     

apparently Hawk is a dealer for Kirkham in the UK???
Old 11-14-2006, 03:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289FIA, 289 stroked to 331, 392 HP
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by thudmaster
Hawk cars are Kirkham........
Hawk cars are definately not Kirkham. They have their own glass slab side as well as several other models. They are a UK sales rep for Kirkham for those that want the aluminum option.
Old 11-14-2006, 06:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD: 2013 Boss 302 Mustang #2775 (both options). SOLD: 95 Mustang Cobra R #4 of 250 "Rosie's Diner" car. SOLD: CCX2-2505, #5 of 7 289 FIAs ever produced at Contemporary! my first Cobra: Unique 427SC w/ 428CJ moder!
Not Ranked     

They are there own manufacturer of glass cars and as mentioned a delaer for Kirkham tin cars.

Hawk info...

http://www.hawkcars.co.uk/

They do a beautiful glass slabside. Someone on CC had one for sale in TX 2 or 3 years ago, dark blue with wire wheels and stunning at $47K.

Last edited by John McMahon; 11-14-2006 at 06:22 AM..
Old 11-14-2006, 06:18 AM
Beam Me Up Scottie
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1049 Titanium w/black stripes, 351W with Trick Flow Heads, Tremec 3550
Send a message via MSN to wtm442
Not Ranked     

In addition to Hawk and Kirkham, check out slabsides from Johnex3 Motorsports and Shelby
Old 11-14-2006, 10:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289FIA, 289 stroked to 331, 392 HP
Not Ranked     

They do a beautiful glass slabside. Someone on CC had one for sale in TX 2 or 3 years ago, dark blue with wire wheels and stunning at $47K.[/quote]
There was also one for sale last year in CA, black on black for $50K (asking) also stunning. My only issue with that one was that it still had the "original" Hawk MGB front suspension. They now have an independent coil/shock front suspension available for their slabside.

BTW they also make an AC Ace replica for those who want something even more "vintage" than a cobra.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: AC427 MkIII of 2004 vintage
Not Ranked     

Hawk makes its own glass slabside and have done so for many years. It will take a 289 or 302 engine without a problem. I am about to photograph a fabulous example that was recently built by its owner as a replica of AC Cars own demonstrator from 1964, APA6B. It uses a 302 and other than the type of engine and glass body, has been finished to 1964 specs. It's a labor of love and a minor work of art!
Hawk have a silver demonstrator and might be persuaded to part with it for the right money - several people have recently made offers so you will need to move fast, although it is right-hand drive (of course).
Hawk also supply the Ace with a choice of engine and are currently building one for a client with 6-cylinder Triumph power. I was lucky enough to drive an example and it's genuine time-warp motoring - great fun.
If you need more information contact gerry@hawkcars.co.uk or call Gerry Hawkridge on (UK) 1892 750341. He will be away from Friday to Monday at a show. He is also the agent for Kirkham in the UK, builds the best replica Lancia Stratos on the planet (and is the UK agent for the SPF GT40 in rolling chassis form)
Old 11-14-2006, 02:07 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

From what I understand Kirkahm is supplying Shelby with the tin model, and Shelby makes his own glass Slabside. I wrote to Johnex, and will see what they have to offer. For now Shelby, and Kirkham are a bit above my budget. My wife refuses to sell the house. I refuse to sell the 13.7M catamaran, so I am stuck with a lower budget. I am really enjoying the reading here on CC. Sounds like I am getting myself into another great hobby with lots of helpful people to meet.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:28 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Would you post some pics of the catamaran?
Old 11-14-2006, 03:54 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427FE (sold & missed)
Not Ranked     

Ditto what Steve said.......lets see the Cat
Old 11-15-2006, 03:40 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I will post the pics of the cat as soon as I figure out how to shrink them down to fit the limit here. WARNING....you got love red
Old 11-15-2006, 07:03 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default The Cats

One has eyes of a cat, and the other is a cat. I am still trying to work on my favorite in Georgetown of the Bahamas in April 06. Ok I think they are in?
Attached Images

Old 11-15-2006, 07:34 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I agree. Don't sell the cat. Ever.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:23 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

WTM442, I have recieved a quick reply from Johnex3. Thanks for the information. Any, and all help finding a slabside project is welcomed. Hope you enjoyed the pics of IMAGINE. 20MPH doesn't sound fast unless your doing it in a 3bedroom 2 bath house on 10 foot waves....John
Old 11-15-2006, 09:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: HI-TECH 289 FIA
Not Ranked     

Imagine2frolic, you have a PM

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: