Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 08-29-2001, 06:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA140, ERA 267, ERA GT2038, ERA FIA 2045, ERAGT2077 ERA2893000EXP
Not Ranked     
Default Lime Rock Vintage Races 9/1-9/3/01

Folks:

The ERA Motorsport Caravan will be in RV spot #41 all weekend. We'll be there with whatever gets shoved on the trailer Fri. afternoon. (As of today? Everything's apart, scattered all over the place.)

Stop by and say hello.

Jim Holden
Old 08-30-2001, 05:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via ICQ to Trans-Am Jim
Not Ranked     

Jim:

I'll be down to LRP Sunday and Monday. If anyone else from CC is going, why don't we plan a little get together? Nothing too organized - maybe hang together and watch a couple of race groups.
Old 08-30-2001, 10:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA140, ERA 267, ERA GT2038, ERA FIA 2045, ERAGT2077 ERA2893000EXP
Not Ranked     

I am given to understand that there are at least a couple of other ERA owners who will be there with their cars (God Willing and the Creek don't rise).

But, be they ERA owners or otherwise, all Cobra Replica "haves" and "wantabe's" are most welcome to stop by and be abused...

We don't discriminate. (Too Much!)

Jim Holden
Old 09-04-2001, 07:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via ICQ to Trans-Am Jim
Not Ranked     

So where was everybody?? RV spot #41 empty and ERA Motorsports trailer in parking area with no sign of life - lotsa ERA's on Sunday (not mine - fuel pump busticated, I think, - no fuel pressure as I was attempting to head out on Sunday morning)

BTW - was that #6 Daytona coupe a McCluskey? looked too spankin' new to be an original.
Old 09-04-2001, 07:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Things didn't go quite as planned...

When I arrived Fri evening to drive into the track (I have to go in on the track as the bridge is too small for the rig) I was informed that I couldn't put it into the prepaid RV space: rig too long/could sell the space to a real RV...

I'm still not clear on what the track's issue was, but I had previously been informed that the only way I could get the rig into the track was to buy an RV space, even though I informed them that I had cars to put into the show on Sunday.

Peter had his car in the show on Sunday and then reloaded and tied it down. Without a location near the edge of the track (as in prior year) we decided just to leave everything in the trailer on Monday and watch the carnage from the hillside...

So, my apologies. Something about the road to hell is paved..., etc. etc.

Jim Holden

PS: This coming weekend we're off to the Glen and the Cobra, GT40 reunion.
Old 09-04-2001, 04:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default coupe

it was an original
Old 09-05-2001, 04:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

It was a classic Berkshire weekend: clear, blue skies, warm in the sun and downright cool in the shade.

The rig with GT40 1975, the Scarab and the Daytona Coupe was certainly very nice, but my vote for "best sporting effort" goes to Nicky Soprano for his low key approach.

Nicky drove up to Lime Rock from his home in Westchester County New York each day in an original, wire wheeled "street" GT40. He then proceeded out on the track, raced and then would drive home. Those watching at big bend noted that he performed at least one pirouette looking for the proper braking point at the end of the main straight. His closest call had to be in the esses when the race leaders (a Lola T70 coupe and a Spice Ferrari) came up to lap him, one on the right and the other on the left and in the process managed to take each other out. Nicky soldiered on, mid pack to finish.

Last I saw him, he was headed out, driving the GT40 home, race suit and helmet in the left-hand passenger seat.

Jim Holden

PS: Of course, the Bentley Boys, Curt "Crash" Vought, Scott Hackenson etal as usual put on a show in their GT350's. The start of their races is always a breath taking experience... watching to see who is going to make it through big bend first.

Last edited by Jim Holden; 09-05-2001 at 04:39 PM..
Old 09-05-2001, 04:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default green gt 40

was the car green Looked like brand new he also went off coures alittle bit one wild guy. spoke to him as soon as he got off the track he was with some alfa rameo Guys.