Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2011, 03:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DAX 351 windsor
Not Ranked     
Default ERA sidepipes

Hi Guys, Does anybody have a picture of ERA side pipes, just so i can make sure i'm after the right ones.(427 style, not FIA) I'm after a steel set and it says $600 on the ERA web site but not sure how recent that price is. I have tried emailing Bob but heard he prefers a phone call, i'm with him on that one. Any info on these pipes or the best way to go about getting a set would be appreciated. By the way i'm located in Australia. Thanks in advance..
Rob.
Old 07-03-2011, 04:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Size 10 Feet
Not Ranked     

Another Ausie shipment? Make my life H*ll, why don'cha.

I sent some pipes down under a few months ago. In order to keep shipping costs down, I got a special set of pipes that had separate header and side pipes. Spent two hours packing them in the smallest box possible (shipping costs by volume at that weight) commensurate with low probability of shipping damage. The shipping was still almost as much as the parts.

Sorry. Not going through that again. Basically lost money on the whole process.

There's got to to someone down there who can do it. Or try Superformance.
Old 07-03-2011, 02:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ok ,Thanks.
Old 07-03-2011, 03:56 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 SC s/n 718, 428 FE
Not Ranked     

Here's a couple of photos shot several years back when I was putting together ERA 718. They're not really all that complicated, and you could probably weld a set up yourself. See if Bob would ship the pieces to you and have them welded up there. Or maybe send you the primaries and you could supply the mufflers and turnouts. Good luck.

Old 07-04-2011, 03:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks zoera, they do look right, it's hard to find original looking pipes down here, they all seem to be wrong around the 4 -1 merge. Bob is not keen on shipping down here as he has had problems in the past, understandable, thanks again for posting the pics,

Rob..
Old 07-04-2011, 06:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Size 10 Feet
Not Ranked     

It seems that most pipe fabricators take the easy way out and use a 4-into-1 collector instead of having the final bend from each pipe into the main tube. You might be able to avoid most of the work by starting out with the "collector" design, then add the turn-ins instead of the old collector.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thats exactly right, they take the easy way out. Could be onto something with modifying the "collector" design. Thanks.