Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2011, 06:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 742 / 428 FE
Not Ranked     
Default World of ERA Poster-Update

The Poster has been basically complete for a while but in double-checking, I still have been unable to get (2) releases from owners so I still need replacements for those two car. (Have sent multiple emails but no luck...Lower left corner and center bottom cars). You can view the poster by clicking on the image at the Registry's home page. The ERA Replica Owners Registry My print shop has some new fancy-schmancy printer that evidently can make these spectacular so I'm anxious to get one down to them for a trial run.

Need 300dpi photos at a size of 2200 pixels plus with interesting background.

I'll will be sending a free copy of the poster to all whose cars are featured. We have owners from Switzerland, Bavaria, Sweden, and France and the rest from the U.S.

The cost on the poster should be under $15 plus shipping. Our printer says he will do a custom poster for anyone with their car featured in any spot. Cost will be about $150-$200 framed.

As a side note, we have lots of owners who have sent in registrations to the Registry but no photographs. Get out the cameras and send in some pics. Simply attach the pics to an email and send to redesprit@aol.com and list your cars ERA vin for reference.

Cobra Clubs: If you have a standard meetting place (restaurant, bar, etc.) and would like a FREE poster for the wall, let me know.

Bob McMahon

Last edited by RedEsprit; 09-05-2011 at 08:17 AM..
Old 09-05-2011, 06:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA 2008/351W/TOP-LOADER
Not Ranked     

Just curious and not to be a negative but the poster says ERA GT on the right. There isn't one photo of an ERA GT on this poster? I see the slab side, very nice. Did I miss something? Also, to me, the FIA with the hood up kinda throws me off too. You don't see to many magazine covers with a beautiful shot of the car, with the hood up But that's just me. Has there been any thoughts to separating the FIA and 427 cars? I personally like both but would rather have all FIA's on my garage wall. Just another option for more posters. Great work so far as I know you've put a lot into it! Regards, Matt
Old 09-05-2011, 07:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA EXP002, 1968 PI 428 FE
Not Ranked     

Great job Bob. There surely must be a ERA GT owner out there that can send in a picture of their car. It would be a shame to not have at least one on the poster. Come on guys.

Dick
Old 09-05-2011, 08:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Matt

I agree 100%. I sent emails to every GT owner we have registered. I didn't get a single reply. Are you offering? Also, the car with the hood up is from Bavaria. I tried to get ERAs from all over.

Bob

Last edited by RedEsprit; 09-05-2011 at 08:22 AM..
Old 09-05-2011, 08:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Matt,
Might clarify the above post. I know Jim Holden would gladly offer his but we already have him in with his slabside. If you know of anyone with a GT...I could use it.

Bob
Old 09-05-2011, 08:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Matt,
I have a lot of flexibility with the posters. I can easily make an all FIA or all 427. I need to do a print of at least 250 to keep the cost down though. That is the issue. I could also do posters for individual regions. Just a matter of cost.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Size 10 Feet
Not Ranked     

I generally don't keep any pictures quite that large but this page has some that are close.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:22 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

Bob,
If you don't find what you need, a local here in coastal CA has one, let me know and I'll contact him. Its a solid Blue ERA GT. Duane
Old 09-05-2011, 04:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for the link Bob. The problem is I need a photo release from the GT owner. I have about a half dozen in the registry but have been unable to get anyone to return an email. I think the Poster should have a GT.

Duane...contact your guy. Let's see if he'll provide a photo.

Thanks
Old 09-05-2011, 05:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP 289FIA 'English' spec.
Not Ranked     

Bob - if you haven't had any responses from other ERA GT owners, and Jim is happy to have his great looking GT in the mix, then that doesn't sound 'unfair' to me.
Also I like Matt's idea - if it's viable - to have an FIA version
Cheers,
Glen
Old 09-05-2011, 07:28 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedEsprit View Post
Duane...contact your guy. Let's see if he'll provide a photo. Thanks

Bob,
I sent a note off to his family this evening. They are racers and probably just getting back in town after the holiday, and I should know something in a day or so to see if he has a good photo. Will follow up. D
Old 09-05-2011, 07:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'll tell you what. Let's get the regular poster out. If we get enough interest so we can print an FIA version after that, I can do it. I need to print about 250 to make it economically feasable after setup costs. If I do an FIA only version, how many do you think would order?
Old 09-05-2011, 08:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP 289FIA 'English' spec.
Not Ranked     

I'm in for an FIA version, or the standard one if no FIA available (assuming you will post overseas....)
Cheers,
Glen
Old 09-06-2011, 04:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hi Glen,
No problem posting overseas. We send alarmed cable locks to Australia now. Bit pricey though.

Cheers back at ya'
Bob
Old 09-06-2011, 10:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA #2119
Not Ranked     

here is an FIA
Attached Images