Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2001, 04:09 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 389 427s/o
Not Ranked     
Smile Speak With Bob Putnam -- I Did Not

Another fine visit to the fine folks at ERA, yes indeed. Nothing beats a nice day to drive to see the cars being made and ask questions. Maybe you guys from Cali should come visit Ct. and have workshops here!

Bob was not to be found. I was told he was up in his loft working on some secret projects. I heard no noise from above though to confirm that story. I was invited to the rolling diner that pulled up and fed Peter's indentured servants. They eat well. Linguine with Clam sause was one of the ordered items. Peter claims he is now on a diet because of me. He ordered up only a pack of crackers after I declined to hop into the feeding frenzy.

I checked out the tree for my deer stand. That tree will do the job nicely. AND I will still have a view into the college student housing.

Tried to grease Peters palm into moving me up on the schedule. No such luck as others have had better grease to offer. I am still on schedule for sometime next year.

P.S -- Many nice machines in the shop. They do such a great job. A beautiful GT40 -- in black with white stripes. Makes me wonder what I want the Cobra for, then I remember the price tag.
Old 12-03-2001, 04:24 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Nobody ever sees me 'cause I'm always moving at the speed of light, unfortunately. Sorry I missed you.

Peter's great sacrifice at the lunch wagon is mitigated slightly by the cache of hot peppers and pepperoni he keeps in the mini-fridge next to his desk.

Please address parts inquiries to eraparts@sbcglobal.net
Old 12-04-2001, 12:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

JWheaton

I am sorry to hear your visit to ERA was not as successful as other's before you.

There is a protocol to how one goes about it.
1-Do not show up anytime that would coincide with the arrival of the Roach Coach (Mobile Dining).
2-Bob has hiding places. During my second day of stay I found him hiding under a pile of "uncut" carpet and tonneau cover material.
3-If Peter ordered "only some crackers" it is to go with his gallon size -Chili in a Can- he has under his desk. You know , the microwavable variety.
4-Did you stick around long enough to watch Peter order his favorite desert. Two scoops of Burito Icecream?
5-There ARE no college students anywhere near that neighborhood. The story you read by about the "Condom man" has further explanations. Come to find out they are the couple that ordered the ERA # 669. They too were visiting and checking up on their car. Ask Bob for the Videos he has been making of that same couple since they gave them their nonrefundable "deposit". That was three years ago. As long as Bob has more "blank" video tapes, that couple will never see that car.
6-Ask Him Holden how many other 56 year old college students he knows?

TURK
Old 12-26-2001, 01:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA140, ERA 267, ERA GT2038, ERA FIA 2045, ERAGT2077 ERA2893000EXP
Not Ranked     

JW:

Missed you at the ERA Christmas gastronomic bombash and culinary extravaganza party held at the shop in conjunction with the onset of ERA's two week mid-winter hiatus last week. (This annual event is catered by PEPI's favorite local Italian hot pepper emporium and is guaranteed not to attract vegetarians or other like "fair weather gourmands").

Great fun was had in filching PEPI'S official "list" of folks waiting for cars and scrambling the pages. Given his recurring eye problems, he won't notice that several pages are missing for a long, long time.

So, how much is the page with your name on it worth to ya?

Best regards for the New Year!

Morty MacTavish

PS: ...and the next time you're up at the shop see if you can't get 6'5" Teddy (a/k/a "Kramer") to tell you the "Condom Man" story...

Last edited by Jim Holden; 12-26-2001 at 01:50 PM..
Old 01-04-2002, 07:43 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jim H.

Gastronomical Extravaganxa and I was not there!?!

Well -- doesn't this get me all pasty inside. Peter said he was going on a diet. How much did he eat? Can never trust a man with a mustache his size.

In the holiday spirit I will have to go up and visit ERA and help them reorganize their paper work. If it should happen that the scrap piece of paper with my name that they use to organize the list gets moved to the front of the line, well than I will not charge them my temporary fee.

The page with my name on it is the only thing WITH value. If you should have it lets talk. Lets talk over dinner. Your choice of place. As this is a business dinner I will gladly let you pay as we discuss the true value of the list.

I hope that your holidays were funfilled and I hope that ERA is BACK to work finally. What is the deal with taking a break at Christmas?
Old 01-04-2002, 08:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA140, ERA 267, ERA GT2038, ERA FIA 2045, ERAGT2077 ERA2893000EXP
Not Ranked     

JW:

From time to time we have (what certain ethnic groups call "A meet") dinner at "Chucks Steak House" in Danbury. (Before embarking for Danbury, Mustache Pete must do the fluid tune-up routine on his aging Audi... so it's the usual "big deal" for him.)

We battle our way past the babes at the bar and settle in for mammal part consumption.

I'll let you know when the next "event" is scheduled and I will be more than willing to try and broker a settlement between you.

Morty

PS: By the way we have a fresh shipment of ERA Motorsport shirts and jackets in. Any interest?
Old 01-04-2002, 11:13 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mr. Holden,

You are a good man, no matter what Pete says!

I am a full believer in getting together over a good animal part. I think it would be great to get together eat and work out a settlement. Would be interested in some ERA sportswear as well. With such fancy duds I could sneak past Pete and Bob and observe progress on all those cars before mine without anyone knowing.

Please let me know when you guys get together.

Thanks
Jamie
Old 01-04-2002, 04:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

JW:

I will attempt to e-mail you photos of the current shirt and the jacket at some point over the weekend... or whenever. I should be careful to point out that these items are (whenever we get around to it) being sporadically offered by ERA Motorsport Association and are not directly form ERA. (Confused? I am).

While Peter and Phil wear the stuff, they will be quick to point out that they had no part in designing any of it... something about detachment.

Morty

Last edited by Jim Holden; 01-04-2002 at 05:06 PM..
Old 01-04-2002, 08:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

Jim Holden
I want some too. Jacket and t-shirts.
Where do I sign up?

it doesn't look like the boys will be sending any, anytime soon as a token of their friendship. So..screw them. How do I BUY some?

TURK
Old 01-04-2002, 08:48 PM
289 FIA Fan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up How About Here?

Jim,

Could you post the pictures here? I asked about the t-shirts they had hanging on the balcony when I was there in June, Bob said somebody was working on new shirts - you must be somebody!

Please

David Lowell
Old 01-05-2002, 05:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

ERA Motorheads!

If you want me to e-mail you pictures of the current ERA Motorsport Assoc. shirt and jacket please send me an e-mail at: jholden@bestweb.net and I will respond. (I can't figure out how to attach a picture to the forum e-mail system, nor do I seem to be able to convert my pictures to what they will allow on the forum... challenged? You betcha... every single day.)

Morty MacTavish
Old 01-06-2002, 09:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

...oh, and as an after thought, (which I seem to have more often these days) if folks would like the "classic" ERA "T" shirts with the 427SC on the front and Era Replica Automobile, etc. on the back, I will be happy to order up a batch of those provided there is enough interest... (How is that for a run-on sentence?)

Morty
Old 01-06-2002, 07:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA #2078. 331 stroker, sportsman block built by Evanuik Performance. 450hp
Send a message via AIM to SSSnake
Not Ranked     

I would go for a T-shirt for sure. Hey, i think peter should pay us to wear them. It's nothing but free advertising for them. Ever though 99.9% of the kids in my shcool will think ERA is some new Rock group.

Glenn jr