Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
May 2024
S M T W T F S
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By DanEC
  • 1 Post By Dimis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2016, 02:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default FE heads rebuilt on 472 - video anybody?

I got ERA 472 back yesterday from my trusty mechanic and friend, Dan. Dan really knocked himself out with this car. Upgraded to ARP fasteners where able, heat shrink tubed the threaded bars, machined the headers/head contacts to eliminate gaskets, improved the linkage, replaced power valves, and much much more. Had the heads rebuilt by Total Engine in Bloomington - arguably the best FE guys in the Twin Cities. Had some abnormal oil consumption, so I wanted to make sure to address it the right way. Dan's new tune and lifter adjustment really woke up this car and it sounds incredible. Still available, so tell your friends. This car is really nice.

If you have a nice set of speakers on your computer, turn them up now.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryUbAroRw9E"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryUbAroRw9E[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flWPRJjHH3g"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flWPRJjHH3g[/ame]
Old 06-21-2016, 04:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     

Reminds me of why I originally started out to paint my car red. Looking good - hope you get an offer soon.
66gtk likes this.
Old 06-21-2016, 05:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

She looks a really classy car, and a total bargain for $60K asking if I understand it right.
The only thing its missing in my eyes is the front oval bumper, nothing a couple hundred buck wouldn't solve. Well done man.

This and and Fullchat's (Allen's) 289 are high on my desire list.

What a shame my wallet is empty
66gtk likes this.

Last edited by Dimis; 06-21-2016 at 05:39 PM..
Old 06-22-2016, 07:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA, 428, 4 speed Toploader, Jag rear, Red with White stripes
Not Ranked     

Per Dan,
This car reminds me of why I love a red cobra and why I have owned two of them. I love the dual carb engine / compartment. That is the way I want mine to look one day. If this car was available 3 years ago, I would have snatched it right up! For me, all that is missing is the stripes. The two looks I like is the full bumper set-up or the race jacks. If the bumperettes stayed, I would add the hoop.
GORGEOUS CAR, good luck with the sale
ERA#698 428, 4 speed Toploader, 3:31 Jag rear