Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2016, 07:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: # 757 ERA 427 SC , 482 Al. big block
Not Ranked     
Default Quicktime bellhousing

You guys that have used or are using a Quicktime bellhousing on an FE in your ERA ..... I`m replacing the HTOB with the ERA arm and slave cylinder . Does anyone know if you need the spacer under the lever pivot "L" bracket ? Or better yet , any pictures ? Don`t really want to have to remove the bell housing ( again ) while it`s in the car .

Thanks
Old 09-01-2016, 09:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     

I wish I could give you a definitive answer but I'm afraid you will just have to install the clutch, fork and bellhousing and see what you have. Different clutches will result in some difference in the fork position. I trial fit mine and made sure that at rest, the fork was coming out well forward in the opening - so that there was plenty of room for the stroke to disengage the clutch. You don't need to install the transmission to see where the fork and TOB will ride based on positioning it against the clutch fingers.

From memory it seems I had two spacers and used the thinner one - but it will depend on your pressure plate height and maybe the fork (not sure if the big input fork is different from the small input fork). Even in the car, you should be able to change out the shim under the L-pivot through the transmission register opening as needed without having to actually remove the bell housing from the motor. It might be a little cramped but I'm pretty sure it's do-able.
Old 09-01-2016, 11:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 714
Not Ranked     

Bobcat,

I am running the QT with the ERA supplied slave cylinder and fork and I will check tonight and see if I can get a picture and post.

Phil
Old 09-01-2016, 05:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bobcat,

I have a Shelby aluminum FE with the QuickTime Bellhousing.
The pic won't load for some reason. Will try to post in my gallery.

Phil
Old 09-01-2016, 05:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

[url='http://clubcobra.com/photopost/data/500/image24.jpeg']
Old 09-01-2016, 05:57 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     
Default This is easier to see

Old 09-01-2016, 07:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks guys .... just what I was looking for . Now to dig up a spacer from my goody box . Since the "hurricane" will be passing over us tomorrow , looks like a good day for garage work .
Old 09-01-2016, 08:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

just curious ....went out and looked at my bellhousing and there are two sets of mounting holes for the spacer/bracket . Did you use the inside set or the outside set ?

Thanks
Old 09-02-2016, 08:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

That I do not know. For the fork pivot mount, I only recall one set location for the mount.

Phil
Old 09-02-2016, 08:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks also Patrick for fixing my photo ineptness. (:

Phil