Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        
Old 05-02-2008, 01:54 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289 FIA #2100 Rio Red Wimbledon White Stripes 302 stroked to 331 Webers Richmond Road Race 5 speed
Not Ranked     
Default ERA FIA bottom cooling hose pictures

Does anyone have pictures of the bottom cooling hose from the water pump to the radiator? The engine is a Ford 302 small block with a right side outlet water pump. Already screwed up one hose and would like to get it right the second time around. Thanks
Old 05-02-2008, 01:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA140, ERA 267, ERA GT2038, ERA FIA 2045, ERAGT2077 ERA2893000EXP
Not Ranked     

Did you try the hose specifed in the manual?

Jim
Old 05-02-2008, 03:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Size 10 Feet
Not Ranked     

Around pages 35, 36.
Old 05-02-2008, 07:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289 FIA #2009, Boss 302
Not Ranked     

I have a 1MB image but this site limits the image to 39KB. Provide me an email address and I can send the photo. The photo is of my BOSS 302 but the block is "close enough".

Other Toys:
2005 Honda S2000 w/ 240 HP VTEC
2005 Harley Davidson FXDXI SuperGlide
Old 05-03-2008, 06:35 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289 FIA #2100 Rio Red Wimbledon White Stripes 302 stroked to 331 Webers Richmond Road Race 5 speed
Not Ranked     

I cut the hose as per instructions in the manual. The section from the water pump to the connector pipe fit fine. If you cut the other end as per instructions, you wind up with almost a straight piece with a short bend at one end, does not fit! You need the 90 degree section of the hose cut to 5.5" ( 2 3/4" on each side of the center of the 90 degree bend) to fit from the connector pipe to the radiator. Second try, got it right.

I found a neat way to cut the hoses. Tighten a hose clamp around the hose, with a sharp utility knife, use the edge as a guide. Works like a charm.
Old 05-03-2008, 06:58 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA #2117; 331 stroker; TKO600
Not Ranked     

Snake, there are a couple of shots of the radiator pipe / hose connections in my gallery. But it looks like you're already done. Have fun!! Rickd
Old 05-03-2008, 10:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289 FIA #2009, Boss 302
Not Ranked     

Finally got the image small enough. Hopefully can see it. I was wondering if looked any different than your solution.
Attached Images

Other Toys:
2005 Honda S2000 w/ 240 HP VTEC
2005 Harley Davidson FXDXI SuperGlide
Old 05-03-2008, 04:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289 FIA #2027, 65' 289" PS wheels
Not Ranked     

Snake,

You mention your dealing with a RIGHT SIDE, (ie: passenger side?) water pump outlet? If so this won't really apply.

Had the same problem with the lower hose fit you did, seemed like it was cramped and not going to stay on the extension tube. Plus it hangs down below the radiator.

Went to the parts store and bought a few hoses that looked close. Lucked out and found a hose with two 90 bends, first 90 at the radiator goes UP, the second 90 runs almost straight back, then turns . Good angle to meet the aluminum connector pipe.

Cut off the entire angled/welded bend on the connector pipe and then back about ~2-4? inches.

When it is all done you gain about and inch or two of ground clearance on the bottom...no chance to knock the lower radiator hose off the aluminum pipe, and a no cramping of the hose onto the pipe.

(The small 37KB picture is hard to see...how do you guys get 80KB photos to post...?)

The hose part numbers at a Kragen store were Gates 21576 or
DAYCO 71308 cs

Pete
Attached Images

ERA 289 #2027
Old 05-04-2008, 03:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Size 10 Feet
Not Ranked     

Pete,

I like it! The only thing that gives me pause is the rubber's proximity to the anti-sway bar. Hate to have it rub through. I'll check it out.
Old 05-04-2008, 09:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289 FIA #2027, 65' 289" PS wheels
Not Ranked     

Bob,

Another photo, this one from the top. About 10 minutes of cropping and chopping the photo is down to about 38KB...any smaller and these photos are not much help.

I was more concerned about the rubber hose rubbing against the radiator than the sway bar...sway-bar paint is nice and smooth so abrasion hasn't been a problem so far. Did it 2002? or so...at about 13K miles.

With a little care the hose won't really touch either the sway bar or radiator.

The parts number for the Dayco is a Kragen store brand number I think?...my notes...ink dissolved by adult beverages...are a little hard to read.

Kragen c) 71308 cs The Gates number is #21576 I am sure.

Pete
Attached Images

ERA 289 #2027
Old 02-07-2019, 12:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289 FiA #009
Not Ranked     
Default ERA FIA bottom cooling hose

Quote:
Originally Posted by strictlypersonl View Post
Pete,

I like it! The only thing that gives me pause is the rubber's proximity to the anti-sway bar. Hate to have it rub through. I'll check it out.
Hi Bob,

I see your reply to Pete’s solution for LH inlet water pump 10 years ago...
I’m now the owner of ERA FiA #2009 (in the U.K.!) and I have the same question that birddog asked you regarding an updated hose for RH inlet water pump that will do away with the 90 degree elbow.
What do you recommend for RH pump hoses now please?

Thanks and regards, Martin.