Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2019, 12:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default ERA Cobra wanted

I'm presently without a Cobra so I'm looking for another ERA to buy. Big block or small block bodied car. I'm open to considering most anything, so if you are thinking of selling kindly reach out to me privately with details. I can complete the transaction quickly for the right car.

Thanks,
Troy
troy at krugercentral dot com
Old 06-03-2019, 08:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

You just missed a smoking deal on one in the for sale section! I would have bought it at that price too!
Larry
Old 06-04-2019, 06:37 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

Larry, are you talking about John's FIA out of Fla. ? I spoke with him before, at 33K it was a great deal. In the same light, I have a friend who's looking for a FFR type 65 coupe, the one we found in Canada can not be imported, trust me we tried, at 32.5K it was a smoking deal. Now we know why. Cheers Tom.
Old 06-04-2019, 06:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

This is the one I was referring to: PhotoPost Classifieds - ERA 91 - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds
Someone got an awesome deal! It was already sold when I saw it and it didn't last long!
Larry
Old 06-04-2019, 07:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMH View Post
This is the one I was referring to: PhotoPost Classifieds - ERA 91 - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds
Someone got an awesome deal! It was already sold when I saw it and it didn't last long!
Larry
I saw that one pop up on here and reached out to the seller no more than 20 minutes after it was posted. I never got a response.
Old 06-04-2019, 08:19 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

ERA #389 looks to be lovely. Just under $80k.
https://www.cobracountry.com/cars-fo...cobra-wheaton/
Old 06-04-2019, 08:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA 2158, ERA 427SC 649 sold
Not Ranked     

I will have 649 for sale soon, 2158 in process now. The car is currently in Colorado but is going back to California this month to fix a registration issue.
Old 06-04-2019, 09:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 6079 482CI CSX cross ram
Not Ranked     

wow $80k for a car that cost $60k to build 20 years ago... ERA holding value big time...
Old 06-05-2019, 05:15 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERA 626 View Post
wow $80k for a car that cost $60k to build 20 years ago... ERA holding value big time...
Yeah, that seems like the going price now for older ERA cars. Here's #532, also asking $80k. https://www.cobracountry.com/cars-fo...a-427sc-cobra/
Old 06-05-2019, 06:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Let's get real guys. I've sold a few of these - all after expensive and time consuming prep for retail sale. I do it because it's extremely satisfying and fun (most of the time). Many cars on the market right now, including the ones just mentioned here, are simply over priced and are not good indicators of market value. Both of them have been for sale for years.

I posted this wanted announcement here because I am genuinely interested and able to purchase an ERA right now. I am not a full retail buyer, but I am a serious one and I know what these cars are worth to me (based on my actual experiences with them) in all the various conditions, configurations, title statuses, etc.

Last edited by 66gtk; 06-05-2019 at 06:23 AM..
Old 06-05-2019, 06:34 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

You know, unless I hit on really hard economic times, I couldn't even imagine selling #732 for, virtually, any price. That would be like selling Ellie.
Old 06-05-2019, 07:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA kit on order
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6TNCRZY View Post
I will have 649 for sale soon, 2158 in process now. The car is currently in Colorado but is going back to California this month to fix a registration issue.
I was wondering if you'd be willing to share where 2158's progress is at right now? I'm car 2159, but let's pretend like I want to know because then it'll give a better idea of when 649 will be for sale, that way it seems like I'm keeping in the interest if the original thread, Haha, we all know why I really want to know though . . .
Old 06-06-2019, 07:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Slabside BRG 289
Not Ranked     

Always remember in anything we get what we pay for.

John
ERA #3010 Slabaside BRG 289
Old 06-06-2019, 04:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA 2158, ERA 427SC 649 sold
Not Ranked     

My order was placed June 2017. the body is made, frame is built and just came back from powder coat last week. 2 years and it is starting to go.
Old 06-07-2019, 04:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

According to ERA mine is about the same. Deposit placed August 2017. The body shell is there. The frame just got back from the powdercoater but Peter said there isnt even room to unload it so it's currently just living in the truck. I think he said that there are about 4 cars ahead of mine. Mine is just a basic kit so once they get to it it should go pretty quick. Only options I'm getting are powder coating, and a heater. The wife required two of the options otherwise it would have just been powder coating. How far are they building 2158? I'd love it if you post pics and progress updates. It's always fun to see where the guys ahead of you are at.
Old 06-07-2019, 04:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

*powder coating, street seats and a heater.
Old 06-07-2019, 05:10 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearwolf View Post
... and a heater.
If you want to make her happy on longer, colder drives... the heater in these cars ain't gonna do it. Instead, when you are wiring up the car, put in a convenient little outlet for a 12v powered heated travel blanket over on her side of the car. Like this: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Ultra-Pe...g&gclsrc=aw.ds That will keep her snuggly and warm.
ACHiPo likes this.
Old 06-07-2019, 06:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #1950, Roush 402R, TKO600
Not Ranked     

I believe Cobra Valley sells a heater kits for the seats. It's made for SPF's but I'm sure it will fit other brands.
Old 06-07-2019, 07:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I don't think I can bring myself to do the heated seats but the heated blanket is already in the plans. I'm planning on having 2 weather pack connectors wired in 12v hidden under the passanger seat. Then I'll just have a few accessories in the trunk, such as the blanket and phone chargers.

Mr. Bruce is making a LeMans top for me that I'll likely run in Fall and Spring so the heater might help a little on the more brisk Wisconsin mornings . . . but even if it doesnt help at all the $500 or so will still be put into buying the car with a heater . . . because the wife said so and $500 is worth not having to hear about how I didnt put a heater in the car for her for the next 30 or 40 years.
vntgspd likes this.

Last edited by Bearwolf; 06-07-2019 at 07:32 AM..
Old 06-07-2019, 08:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     

If you have a top on, the heater is pretty effective. It gets a lot of help from the engine, transmission and exhaust.