Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam

Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2021, 08:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Alright, things are getting real now! Got the call yesterday from Peter......I am the next slabside build. The chassis is already built so time for the body. Getting excited now. Figure a couple months to build the body and then probably another 6 months at Big B for fenders and paint.
Old 11-12-2021, 06:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Heck yeah, got the call. Brandon at big B is picking up my car next week for paint. Most likely going to be a 5-6 month process but looking good for getting the car summer next year. This is awesome.
ACHiPo likes this.
Old 01-13-2022, 01:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Interesting, I was under the impression that the slabside would only fit the Jaguar rear? What made you decide to go with the ERS?
Old 01-13-2022, 06:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP 289FIA 'English' spec.
Not Ranked     

Hi Jason,
So.... 2 months in at Brandon's, now?
Any updates and pictures on the Comp fender extensions? We are all ears/eyes (well, I am anyway)

Cheers,
Glen
Old 01-14-2022, 07:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Tremelune- the ERA rear has a little bit of a wider track to that is why it is not used in the slabsides, the wheels will stick out beyond the body. Since I am having custom fender flares done (early comp flares) it will not be an issue.

xb-60- no new info as of yet. Peter told me I was the last car Brandon was going to pick up because he has ran out of room. Big B has a ton of cars in the shop so I dont expect any progress for at least another 2-3 months. Brandon was awesome to talk to, he was excited as well to do something a little out of the norm.
rads42 likes this.
Old 01-14-2022, 03:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP 289FIA 'English' spec.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasond29 View Post
....Brandon ....was excited as well to do something a little out of the norm.
Yes, a 289 Comp is out of the norm. I'm not aware of any replicas, however some surely must exist.
Good luck with the build

Cheers!
Glen
Old 01-14-2022, 03:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 838
Not Ranked     

838 went to Big B around 10/15. No movement yet.

I expect the call any day to give him his down payment and get the color samples.

John
Old 01-14-2022, 04:57 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Wait a minute. Your car sits for three months before they turn their attention to it? They can't staff up a bit to help meet the demand?
Old 01-15-2022, 05:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 838
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
Wait a minute. Your car sits for three months before they turn their attention to it? They can't staff up a bit to help meet the demand?
It is interesting times.

First deposit sent 3/31/20. For a painted car that is almost a roller, I expect to get it in my hands about 6/1/22.

Big B says he will have the car 5-6 months. Then Peter needs it for another 30-60 days for some assembly.

Some have quoted longer lead times. It would have been well under 2 years for an unpainted kit.

John
Old 01-15-2022, 02:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

xb-60- thanks, I am excited to get the car and have something thats a little different.

As far a Big B goes, I am sure his crew is working overtime to get the cars out the door and I am more than willing to wait for quality work. I have had some paint work done locally and it has been a disaster. The fact that Peter vouches for him is good enough for me. All of use have waited 2 years or more to get their dream car so a few more months will not hurt.
Grubby likes this.
Old 01-15-2022, 03:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hi-Tech
Not Ranked     

It took me 7 years to get my car completed properly. Good shops are worth the wait and it sounds like you found a good one!! Can't wait to see those comp flares.
1985 CCX likes this.
Old 01-15-2022, 07:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Motorcars 289 USRRC, 1964 289 stroked to 331, toploader
Not Ranked     

Yes, the comp flares will be interesting to see!
1985 CCX likes this.

Paul

Unique Motorcars 289 USRRC
1964 289 5-bolt block
Toploader and 3.31 rear
Old 01-16-2022, 06:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #795 427 S/C completed Jan. '14 - '68 FE 427 side oiler
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
Could be different now but, when Brandon painted my car 8 years ago, he was a one-man operation.
Old 10-10-2022, 05:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Getting close, hopefully within the next month it will be ready to ship
Attached Images

1985 CCX, Sargie and CompFi like this.
Old 10-10-2022, 07:29 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

I like that car already.
Old 01-03-2023, 01:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

This will probably be the last update before shipping. Peter sent me some updated pictures before the holiday break. All the aluminum panels are installed, some of the smaller details (brake lines, engine bay items, lights...etc) are installed. Everything is being packed up and hopefully end of this month maybe start of Feb this thing will be on its way to me for my part. Super exicted!
Attached Images

cobra, sgianino, 1985 CCX and 1 others like this.
Old 01-06-2023, 10:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289FIA:289 8 stack
Not Ranked     

That's great Jason. You going to go right into prep and paint or get it rolling first?
Old 01-06-2023, 11:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I need to get it in roller form first so i can determine the width of the fender flares.
Old 01-06-2023, 12:59 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary, FE, Tremec TKO 600
Not Ranked     

Maybe it's me, (probably is) but I'm confused. On November 12, 2021 Jason said the car was going to Brandon's shop for paint. That's about 15 months ago from today. On Jan.15, 2022, approx one year ago, Jason states that he's willing to wait for quality paint work, with the implication that the car is still in Big B's paint shop, apparently experiencing a long delay at the paint shop. On October 10, 2022, approx. 3 months ago, there is a photo of the still unpainted car with Jason stating that he's hopeful that it would ship in the next month or two. 3 days ago, a post from Jason stating that this would be the last update before shipping, along with photos of the still unpainted car. What happened? Why did the car (apparently?) go to the paint shop and re-emerge still unpainted? By the way, it's a beautiful car, Jason - best of luck and much enjoyment with it.
Old 01-06-2023, 01:04 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 767Jockey View Post
What happened? Why did the car (apparently?) go to the paint shop and re-emerge still unpainted?
Because it's one of those $50k paint jobs that, like the Emperor's New Clothes, only those of us that can truly appreciate a $50k paint job can even see. Clearly that excludes you. I know that I have been marveling at the beauty of the job myself as I am one that can truly appreciate it.
PDUB likes this.