Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/era-speak-bob-putnam/)
-   -   Got the call ERA 3027 started (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/era-speak-bob-putnam/144024-got-call-era-3027-started.html)

jasond29 09-09-2020 12:27 PM

Got the call ERA 3027 started

Looks like the crew at ERA are starting to churn them out. Peter called me today and gave me the chassis #3027, starting the frame today. Excited to say the least. He told me there was about 7 chassis ahead of me being powdercoated.
Hopefully my vision comes out looking good.
Slabside with the ERA rearend, Brandon is going to cut and mold the fender flares to match the early comp cars. CSX2433 or dragonsnake CSX2472.
Cant wait for the body to complete to really get a good idea what the finish product will look like.

Grubby 09-09-2020 12:44 PM

Congratulations. I must be one of the others just ahead of you for powder coat.

John

patrickt 09-09-2020 02:02 PM

If they're starting the frame today, how does that translate to a delivery date? I had heard from someone that the virus thing shortened the wait time (because guys dropped off the list), but I would think the build time is still probably the same. Maybe before next summer?

jasond29 09-09-2020 04:02 PM

Honestly not really sure, Peter said things should really start moving along now. My guess is that maybe Jan-Feb time frame it could be going to paint but it will probably be a 5 month paint process due to backlog at Brandon's.

Grubby 09-09-2020 04:03 PM

After I spoke with Peter, I am planning for late next Summer.

John

jasond29 09-09-2020 04:20 PM

John, are you getting it painted by Brandon or local to you?

Grubby 09-09-2020 04:42 PM

My current plan is for Brandon to paint it. However, if he has a large backlog I will go with Connecticut Custom.

Brandon is quite a bit cheaper and I don't see a difference in quality.

Connecticut Custom painted 755. It was a very straight and slick black car.

John

xb-60 09-09-2020 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasond29 (Post 1482359)
Looks like the crew at ERA are starting to churn them out. Peter called me today and gave me the chassis #3027, starting the frame today. Excited to say the least. He told me there was about 7 chassis ahead of me being powdercoated.
Slabside with the ERA rearend, Brandon is going to cut and mold the fender flares to match the early comp cars. CSX2433 or dragonsnake CSX2472.
Cant wait for the body to complete to really get a good idea what the finish product will look like.

Congratulations! A roadster (slabside) 289 with guards modified to replicate CSX2433 is what I was originally going to build, until I found that I could do an FIA replica. You will end up with a very nice car!

Cheers,
Glen

speedricko79 09-10-2020 07:11 AM

I have # 834, hopefully will get it soon, ordered 1/19, powder coated 10/19, still waiting.

bcrumpley 09-10-2020 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grubby (Post 1482379)
My current plan is for Brandon to paint it. However, if he has a large backlog I will go with Connecticut Custom.

Brandon is quite a bit cheaper and I don't see a difference in quality.

Connecticut Custom painted 755. It was a very straight and slick black car.

John

I think Brandon had my car (828) for 5 - 6 months. Very pleased with the results.

patrickt 09-10-2020 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcrumpley (Post 1482411)
I think Brandon had my car (828) for 5 - 6 months. Very pleased with the results.

It takes 5 to 6 months at the body shop alone? :confused:

desgros@vtlink. 09-10-2020 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasond29 (Post 1482359)

OUTSTANDING! Truly a wonderful Cobra and for me the dream of a lifetime come true. Peter and his crew are really great.

Enjoy!

John
ERA #3010 Slabside 289 SB BRG

bcrumpley 09-10-2020 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrickt (Post 1482417)
It takes 5 to 6 months at the body shop alone? :confused:

Yep, he's backlogged as well.

patrickt 09-10-2020 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcrumpley (Post 1482421)
Yep, he's backlogged as well.

Jeez, I think Mr. Mustang should set up a body and paint shop in New Britain. I'm pretty sure the time it took 15 years ago was about six weeks.%/

xb-60 09-11-2020 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrickt (Post 1482424)
....I'm pretty sure the time it took 15 years ago was about six weeks.%/

Given that my car went to the painter's with amost all prep. work done....but it took one week to give me a truly excellent quality paint job. I remember comparing a Maserati Ghibli's paint (similar blue colour, on display at the local shopping mall) with my 289, and mine was easily the best :D
Did I mention that the paint job was done by a local boat yard :eek: ? ....and that it was quite inexpensive :3DSMILE: ?

Cheers!
Glen

edit: pic added...

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/pict...ictureid=15640

jasond29 09-11-2020 08:05 AM

Honestly fine with the wait. I really dont trust any shops local to do the work especially with the modifications I want done.

patrickt 09-11-2020 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasond29 (Post 1482453)
Honestly fine with the wait. I really dont trust any shops local to do the work especially with the modifications I want done.

That's the way I felt. Walt (the daddy) did mine at Connecticut Custom and did an absolutely spectacular job.

bcrumpley 09-11-2020 09:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Very pleased with Brandon's work, made the wait worthwhile.

jasond29 09-11-2020 10:30 AM

Wow, that looks spectacular! That color witht the sunburst wheels really gives it that classic look.

bcrumpley 09-11-2020 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasond29 (Post 1482460)
Wow, that looks spectacular! That color witht the sunburst wheels really gives it that classic look.

Thanks! It is Silver Mink, one of the original colors.