Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By mrmustang

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2020, 10:21 AM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Does anyone know where ERA chassis #488 is?

Im looking for the ERA chassis 488. It was for sale a few months ago. I am interested in purchasing. If anyone knows if its still available or the owner is interested in selling please let me know. It was a dark green with black interior. It had a 427 side oiler with a 5 speed trans. It did not have any side pipes or roll bars. If anyone knows where this car is or one similar (A 427 without side pipes or rollbars) please message me or email me and let me know.
Old 09-18-2020, 04:33 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by andersp66 View Post
Im looking for the ERA chassis 488. It was for sale a few months ago. I am interested in purchasing. If anyone knows if its still available or the owner is interested in selling please let me know. It was a dark green with black interior. It had a 427 side oiler with a 5 speed trans. It did not have any side pipes or roll bars. If anyone knows where this car is or one similar (A 427 without side pipes or rollbars) please message me or email me and let me know.
Have you checked with the seller?
ERA Cobra Chassis No. 488

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 09-18-2020, 05:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     

Didn't realize that number was one of Troy's car. That was a nice car.
Old 09-18-2020, 09:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

That is an absolute beauty. When I see cars like this I cannot resist lamenting the fact that most of the subsequent replica brands chose to splash their bodies off of the wrong "gold standard" Cobra shape.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...
Old 09-19-2020, 08:18 AM
Abnormal CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't think I'll be getting a Cobra for a long time... Do have '94 RX-7 R2.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
Have you checked with the seller?
ERA Cobra Chassis No. 488
Bill,

I remember you having a green ERA quite a while ago. It didn't have that fuel injection and I think the wheel were different, but could this be the same car?

Ken
Old 09-19-2020, 08:31 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ntCobra View Post
Bill,

I remember you having a green ERA quite a while ago. It didn't have that fuel injection and I think the wheel were different, but could this be the same car?

Ken
ERA 188
2X4 W/Tunnelport equipped side oiler
Toploader 4spd manual transmission
True Halibrand Knockoff Wheels
Electronic MSD Ignition with electric fuel pump.
4 point harness for both driver and passenger
Original assembly manual
8,500 original street driven miles (subject to change on a moments notice)
Jag suspension from and rear
Coil Over shocks front and rear
Dark British Racing Green
Tan leather seating
Wilton Wool Carpet
Painted Chassis
Wipers
Sway Bars front and rear
Wind Wings
Sun Visors
Grille Splitter
Correct Stewart Warner gauges
Glove Box
Side curtains with soft top
Chrome front and rear full bumpers
Chrome Rollbar

I do miss that car and regret selling it as it had just the right look, and "patina".
Attached Images

Last edited by mrmustang; 09-19-2020 at 08:35 AM..
Old 09-19-2020, 10:29 AM
Abnormal CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't think I'll be getting a Cobra for a long time... Do have '94 RX-7 R2.
Not Ranked     

ERA 488 and ERA 188. No wonder I thought it might have been your car.
Old 09-19-2020, 11:19 AM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
ERA 188
2X4 W/Tunnelport equipped side oiler
Toploader 4spd manual transmission
True Halibrand Knockoff Wheels
Electronic MSD Ignition with electric fuel pump.
4 point harness for both driver and passenger
Original assembly manual
8,500 original street driven miles (subject to change on a moments notice)
Jag suspension from and rear
Coil Over shocks front and rear
Dark British Racing Green
Tan leather seating
Wilton Wool Carpet
Painted Chassis
Wipers
Sway Bars front and rear
Wind Wings
Sun Visors
Grille Splitter
Correct Stewart Warner gauges
Glove Box
Side curtains with soft top
Chrome front and rear full bumpers
Chrome Rollbar

I do miss that car and regret selling it as it had just the right look, and "patina".
A 427 street car would not have Stewart-Warner gauges, rather Smiths. And no 427s had anything but a black interior. But a very nice car! Had a local ERA that a friend owned that was dark green in full street trim, no scoop, sidepipes and no roll bar.

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/

Last edited by Mark IV; 09-19-2020 at 11:21 AM..
Old 09-19-2020, 01:36 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark IV View Post
A 427 street car would not have Stewart-Warner gauges, rather Smiths. And no 427s had anything but a black interior. But a very nice car! Had a local ERA that a friend owned that was dark green in full street trim, no scoop, sidepipes and no roll bar.
I didn't build it, but saved it from a life of thrashing by the original owner just outside West Palm Beach. Actually saw the car (3 years before I actually bought it) when it had MSD/Accel/etc speed stickers all over the engine compartment, a soiled brown carpet, seats eaten by something large, and white painted, flaking sidepipes, oh, and 14:1 engine compression in a storage building off military trail while I was visiting my parents for their 50th anniversary, coincidentally the same weekend I bought an original Lotus 7 at the Barrett Jackson auction (on a Sunday morning, 3rd of 4th over the block) on a whim when I went to purchase an ultra low mileage Red/Gray leather interior 86 SVO. I can remember seeing the 16 year old I was bidding against, and stopped bidding against him at I think $10,700, he got it for $10,800+ fees. Next item up was the Lotus 7, barely ran (had been in a museum for many years and ran on stale gas and dry rotted spark plug wires), I kept thinking to myself "boy is that cheap, I'd buy it for that", three bids in $100 increments later, and I did. Came back to my folks house when bagels and the Sunday New York Times and told them what I bought. In unison, 4 of the 7 people there said "what is a Lotus 7"....LOL....Had to show them a picture off the BJ site to explain what exactly I was having shipping back to NJ at the time........

It's amazing the clarity of such things, I can remember that like it was just yesterday, but can't tell you what I had for dinner on Wednesday night.

Bill S.
csw and Mach 1 Fan like this.

Old 09-19-2020, 09:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I know where the car is, and last I heard it was for sale. I sold it a few years ago.