Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam

Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2023, 06:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Well OK, here goes. After 35 years in storage, my "new to me" toy needed to be gone through pretty thoroughly. 200 miles sense new, but time rots all things.........

So, the engine is out and apart. the Dave Dralle FE was set up for track to make HP at the top end with serious solid CAM. Side pipes were pretty restrictive with 2" ID. For me, while I will do a little track time for fun, this is more of a weekend driver. So HP more in mid-range probably better for me. And pump gas. And the sound (and HP) are very important to me for sure.

So new hydraulic CAM is in, which also means shorter pushrods. Hopefully the engine will be back together in the next few weeks and ready to go back in the car. Brakes gone through. New Coker Michelin Pilot Sports are mounted.

New Classic Chambered sidepipes with 3" ID are here. Once the engine is back in, we'll get em fitted up before sending out for ceramic coating.

Moto-Lita is making a new Boss to fit the "new to me" steering wheel to the column.

New floor mats by Avery with custom embroidery are also in process.

And believe it or not, Finish Line Accessories (Taylor) said he has shipped the roll bar cross member to mount the seat belt harness. Let's hope it actually shows up soon!
Once we get that and make sure it fits (with custom shims for the 1.5" roll bar), then we can measure for seat belts.

I'm sure there are a few other "details" I am forgetting to mention, but we're making progress. I keep thinking, "another month and I'm gonna be driving that beauty!", then some other part is delayed or we discover something else that really should be done while we have it apart. All part of the process and I know it is worth the wait.

Fortunately, it's still April here in the PNW and forecast for the next week is rain. Yup, every day, rain. Good news for me, I'm going to Talladega for SUN! If I can't hear the beautiful rumble of the 427, I guess the modern NASCAR engines are a good 2nd choice. Let's go racing!

I don't have any recent pics to post. But as soon as I do, I will share for sure.

OH, and the 4 post lift for the garage is also on it's way (although a month delayed). I guess that gives me some extra time to cut the holes in the ceiling for the windshield and roll bar to stick up into.
Alfa02 and Maxjeep like this.