Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 03-08-2002, 10:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SMC Motorcars 289
Send a message via Yahoo to renaissance man
Not Ranked     

Oops almost forgot the pic... Well, it 's not working.

Dave "Ren Man"
Old 03-08-2002, 11:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD: 2013 Boss 302 Mustang #2775 (both options). SOLD: 95 Mustang Cobra R #4 of 250 "Rosie's Diner" car. SOLD: CCX2-2505, #5 of 7 289 FIAs ever produced at Contemporary! my first Cobra: Unique 427SC w/ 428CJ moder!
Not Ranked     

Jim,

Sorry to hear of all the funerals....

I'm wondering if this is the same car that a427sc aka McFez aka Clutchless Cargo ran at the Glen with us last year and blew the clutch in.

Do you know????
Old 03-08-2002, 11:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA140, ERA 267, ERA GT2038, ERA FIA 2045, ERAGT2077 ERA2893000EXP
Not Ranked     

John:

Yep the very same.

Cheeks (a/k/a a427sc a/k/a McFez) is upgrading to an ERA outboard rear on his Ol' 99... That way he can get rid of the "caterpillar" fresh air ducts to the inboard Jaguar rear...

now if he can get rid of the mail box mufflers, his car might almost be back to look'n like a "real" (as opposed to "Matchbox") car. (Gee, I hope Evan doesn't get worked up about my use of that word "real" without his consent.)

Jim

Last edited by Jim Holden; 03-09-2002 at 06:22 AM..
Old 03-08-2002, 12:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

renaissance man
Not as easy as you thought is it?

The meaning of life is much easier than, posting a picture on the Forum.

TURK
Old 03-08-2002, 03:14 PM
I'm a bonehead!
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

the point is to make another all-you-can-eat potato pancake dinner.

I have introduced people to this annual lenten event and they now drive 12 hours straight to partake.

All you can eat, literally, potato pancakes of the best variety (not doughy, light with crispy lacy edges), along with heaping bowls of applesauce to go along, not to mention sausage patties...as many as you want to pile on your pancakes under the applesauce. $5 to the church.

Look forward to it every year since I was just as tall as a table.

A steaming heap of pancakes at a wooden table in the church rec-room family style, whether your family is 12 or 1. No hurry, plenty of milk and coffee, and canned peaches for desert.

It doesn't get any better. This is the meaning of life.
Old 03-09-2002, 04:47 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 389 427s/o
Not Ranked     

Turk:

I am lurking and reading your efforts to pass this once past a cemetary car off onto me. Nope -- not for me this little buggy.

Now Tovio starts mentioning food. That might be enough to get Pete onto the board and make a post. This thread is heading into Petes meaning of life!
Old 03-09-2002, 05:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD: 2013 Boss 302 Mustang #2775 (both options). SOLD: 95 Mustang Cobra R #4 of 250 "Rosie's Diner" car. SOLD: CCX2-2505, #5 of 7 289 FIAs ever produced at Contemporary! my first Cobra: Unique 427SC w/ 428CJ moder!
Not Ranked     
Default Jim....

...I really like the caterpillar fresh air duct on McFez's car.

Old #99 is like racing and watching the movie "U-539" at the same time.

Not only that, but that Cheels fellar is a damn fine driver.

...as long as his clutch lasts. He's cursed around the Club Cranky crew. He's been with us twice and lost 2 clutches.

To me....that is the meaning of life...a bunch of wannabee racers in their 40s and 50s getting together for a couple of days of fun and games.

Sometimes I love the banter more than the actual racing.

I love you guys!
Old 03-09-2002, 06:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA140, ERA 267, ERA GT2038, ERA FIA 2045, ERAGT2077 ERA2893000EXP
Not Ranked     

John:

My theory on Cheeks' clutch problems are that they are a result of the fact that Cheeks' legs don't go all the way to floor and he can't get the clutch pedal down.

Just a theory, of course....

Mort MacTavish

PS: ...and as to potato pancakes? Well, join us for breakfast at Kit Car Carlisle and you will appreciate the role food plays in the "Meaning of Life" for a few of us.

Last edited by Jim Holden; 03-09-2002 at 06:12 AM..
Old 03-10-2002, 10:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hollywood:

You are correct sir, my legs do not reach the bottom of the foot box (although they do manage to reach the ground). Given this challenge, the option is to twist the seat so at least one would reach. Being fond of speed, I chose to let the right do it's job, rather than the left.

McFEZ

PS wish I could say something positive about the meaning of life, but don't have the time to think about it, too busy doing it.