Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam

Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 03-01-2004, 12:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA140, ERA 267, ERA GT2038, ERA FIA 2045, ERAGT2077 ERA2893000EXP
Not Ranked     
Default Airborne Coatings

Folks:

In response to an offline inquiry, I have had various parts (uprights, brake calipers, exhaust systems, etc.) ceramic coated by Airborne Coatings in East Hartford, CT. http://www.airborncoatings.com/

Great stuff and makes it easier to maintain the car.

Jim
Old 03-01-2004, 04:24 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster 351W, T5, Red & White
Not Ranked     

Jim, agree that AirBorne does quality work. Had both headers and sidepipes coated, along with the factory exhaust manifolds for the AMX.

Normal time to complete is two weeks, might be longer when Spring approaches. They do a lot of powder coating of frames, suspension parts, etc Open on Saturday from 9:00 to 12:00 for those wanting to deliver and pick up in person
Old 03-03-2004, 06:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #375 427 S/C - 428FE - Toploader - 1968 AMX 390 Go Pack 4 Speed - My Daily Driver is a 2004 Crossfire
Send a message via AIM to REDSC400
Not Ranked     

Thanks for that information. My car's parts and frame were coated by HPC when the guys at Airborne were associated at that time with HPC. The side pipes and headers and intake manifold still look as new as the day they were done.

I do have a question for you all. Could Airborne do my front and rear sway bars in that aluminum / silver coating? I know I would have to take them off so it would be a next winter project.

Also, have any of you had your running gear (half shafts) done in that silver coating?

A car can massage organs which no masseur can reach. It is the one remedy for the disorders of the great sympathetic nervous system. Jean Cocteau 1889-1963, French Author, Filmmaker
Old 03-03-2004, 07:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA140, ERA 267, ERA GT2038, ERA FIA 2045, ERAGT2077 ERA2893000EXP
Not Ranked     

Art: (in CT)

Absolutely!

On my last three ERAs, I have had all my suspension parts done with the ceramic coating including the aluminium up rights/hub carriers (before the bearings are put in etc.) It makes the parts much easier to keep clean and prevents the aluminum parts from oxidizing. The coating appears to be very durable, able to take the inevitable minor dings without chipping.

When next you visit ERA, you will see a Jag. rear on a stand next to the door into PEPI's office. If you check it out you will note that virtually every part has been "Airborned".

On my last ERAGT, I had all of the suspension parts, including the uprights, and exhaust system done. Not inexpensive, but in my opinion well worth it.

Jim