Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam

Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 06-23-2004, 07:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA140, ERA 267, ERA GT2038, ERA FIA 2045, ERAGT2077 ERA2893000EXP
Not Ranked     

Rick:

Now, now. Just so the record is clear, I do not have any interest in ERA other than to try and help those boys up in New Britain stay in the business of making the best cars I've ever seen right here in the good old US of A. I am neither stockholder, shareholder, officer, director nor employee. Just a customer.

I would note that of the four ERAGT's actively in production at the moment up at the R&D shop, three of them are for "repeat offenders" (I being one of them). I think nothing says more about any business than that it gets a goodly number of repeat customers.

As to ERAGT2077, it will get the Gurney-Eagle "puppy" motor now in my FIA... and I already have the motor for the next GT, a dry sump 427SO... but that's down the road a bit. As to a few other bits and pieces, 2077 is one of the first GTs to get the movable pedal/steering assembly with the fixed seats. It will have a MKII style roll bar. As to everything else, I make the decisions as needed (i.e. demanded) on an ongoing basis. Final colors are yet to be determined.

And so the fun goes.

Jim
Old 06-23-2004, 08:09 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 389 427s/o
Not Ranked     

What kind of food gets Peter to show the skunk works?
Old 06-24-2004, 04:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jwheaton GOOD FOOD, You want to go tomorrow J I am going early,

Jim Holden 1st you are one of the best representors for ERA. Every car is top self, Have Mag articles on each build up. I have seen you wrench cars under the ERA roof on different visits to the shop on Sat. You are the only one I have seen with a Gurney motor. I wonder if a SOHC motor would Fit As far as director, same thing You have to push poor old Pete around from time to time. I am sure that 2077 will be a work of art again. The more you do the easier they get. I could never sell my toys after all the work that goes into them. When done maybe FORD should come look at a real replica GT-40, because they would only see tail lights in a race. How about a J car Jim?Nice show on last night. Have a good one Rick
Old 06-24-2004, 05:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA140, ERA 267, ERA GT2038, ERA FIA 2045, ERAGT2077 ERA2893000EXP
Not Ranked     

JW: The only "food" that gets PEPI really motivated is that ancient motivator of all men (and women) "green cabbage" (although if the truth be told ice cream after a NY strip steak will do it also).

Rick: Thanks for the kind words. Everytime I do one of these cars I do try to make it the best I can and can afford without getting way over budget.

I can say that almost every ERA owner I've ever met was extremely proud of his or her car and took great pains to do them correctly. As you know, any visit up to New Britain and the shop on Dewey Street is akin to a visit to the ultimate boy's toy shop. There are always new cars going together, each reflective of its owner's dream and vision.

I find that my only problem with these cars is that when I get through with a particular car, I go through a bit of "withdrawal" and immediately start planning the next one.

Jim

Last edited by Jim Holden; 06-24-2004 at 05:45 AM..
Old 06-24-2004, 04:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA gt40 2076
Not Ranked     

2076 Black with ghost stripe would be mine one the the four at the r&d center. Need to get car. I keep hanging arround the garage looking at wrenches. Jim The roll cage looks great. Tony does a great job i'm extremely happy with job he did for me.

LLoyd
Old 06-24-2004, 05:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Lloyd:

Great color choices! That car looks really striking. And will look even better out in the sun with the R&D "patina" washed off.

According to PEPI my car is to go to Tony's tomorrow. The late decision to add the roll bar has delayed things a bit.

You know, with some 78 ERA owners out there, it may be just about time to have our own GT reunion!

Jim
Old 07-10-2004, 07:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Rick:

My ongoing challenge is to somehow make my next ERA (fill in the blank) better than the last.

Now there are those that say the "Cobra" shape is the one that turns their switch, but for me there are few shapes that rival the GT. I am just about at that nerve wracking point where I have to pick colors for the next GT.

Jim
Attached Images

Old 07-11-2004, 04:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jim Holden How about the classic Gulf colors. The one at PA had me looking. I even have a picture somewhere. Yellow and Black would be choice number 2. Black center on the pin drives look great. Are you going to drive this car It is time for you to step out of the box and do something wonderful. Alum427, A/C,FI, 500 HP. That will cover the basic list, The rest will take care of itself. Rick Lake Ps I don't know how you can sell your works of art. I would have a 6 car garage double lifts. I for each day of the week. If I had your money
Old 07-11-2004, 06:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427SC FMS 351W
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Very TImely Subject

I can not say enough about the support ERA customers receive. Recently, I needed to replace both jag axle hub carriers because of the use of nylon bearings versus the proper tapered roller bearing. In short, I spoke to Bob and Doug via email (with pics) and by phone, shipped both carriers to ERA, received them back within ONE WEEK and today I am installing them!

This is my first expereince with the outstanding support from ERA but probably the most expensive. However the actual cost was about $200 less than the original estimate. Every Cobra owner should have this level of expertise and support. Thanks Doug and Bob!