Club Cobra Keith Craft Racing  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam

Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2004, 08:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via AIM to babrams Send a message via Yahoo to babrams
Not Ranked     
Default Choosing a manufacturer.......... help

I am in the process of narrowing my choice of Manufacturers. I have narrowed it down to B&B, Antique & Collectible, FFR and ERA. I know the people here own ERA's but what drove you to choose ERA over these others?

Thank you in advance.
Billy
Old 09-01-2004, 10:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 SC # 571, 472 Shelby aluminum "stroker " CSX # 299 from Gessford, 48 IDA Weber carburetors from Jim Inglese
Not Ranked     
Smile

babrams,

I had chosen ERA in 1999 for theirs high quality work and great service ( it's very important for me, because I'm from Switzerland ). The ERA 427 is also very very close to the original Cobras. You must must visit ERA in New Britain, CT and you can see how they make a great work.
I own my now ERA # 571 for about 4 years and I'm very happy with it.
If you will spend a little more compare with Kirkham and Shelby.
Good look from Switzerland
Walter

PS: If you search also a great engine builder look for George Anderson ( Gessford )

Walter

http://www.kreuchi-auto.ch

Last edited by cobra; 09-01-2004 at 10:15 PM..
Old 09-01-2004, 10:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks Walter................................
Old 09-02-2004, 07:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289 FIA #2086, 302/320 HP, Dart heads, hydraulic
Not Ranked     

Billy,

I prefer the chassis design of ERA over the others.
They had an FIA style car.
The reputation of ERA is extraordinary.
They have done them for a very long time.
The engineering is exceptional.

All good reasons to choose them, but what decided it was meeting the people at ERA. True craftsmen who love what they do and do it with an unparalleled sense of quality and customer service.

One visit to ERA will convince you.

I have had mine for a year now and it has far exceeded every expectation.
Old 09-02-2004, 02:20 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA, BOSS 351C/Webers
Not Ranked     

There is no doubt with ERA - they are a class operation with a First Class product.

I researched Cobra replicas for many years before selecting ERA. I wanted a car that visually was indistinguishable from an original - ERA's are about the only kit I can't tell from an original from a block away. I wanted a fiberglass body - I figure it is a lot more practical than an alloy body (how many bodyshops in your local yellow pages advertise they can repair aluminum bodies?). I wanted a chassis that was well constructed and sorted out - the ERA is. It is more substantial than many of their leading competitors, yet, not so over-built (like some kits) as to be "truck-like" in weight and handling.

Dealing with the folks in new Brittain was an absolute pleasure - no outrageous claims, no snide remarks about any other manufacturer's product - just an open attitude and an invitation to compare their product with anyone else's, based on it's own merits. Look carefully underneath all of the cars you like - you'll recognize the quality that goes into every ERA.

The guys at ERA have been doing it "right" for a long time - if you choose them, you will not be disappointed.

regards,

cobrajeff
Old 09-02-2004, 02:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

ERA - great car but more importantly great people. IMHO they make the top fiberglass car on the market.
Old 09-02-2004, 04:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #629, BBM Side Oiler Block, 482ci, Richmond 5 speed
Not Ranked     

I selected ERA for 3 reasons:

1. I wanted to be able to say "I built it" instead of "I bought it." That helped me rule out Superformance.

2. I wanted an original looking Cobra, not one that used Mustang gauges, high back bucket seats, a "modern looking" dash, etc.

3. I wanted it to be able to assemble it relatively easily. I didn't want to have to "figure out" what to use for a clutch slave cylinder, how to mount a peddle assembly, where to weld the motor mounts so the engine would sit at the right height, how to set up and mount the rearend so the pinion angle is right, etc. ERA had figured all of that out already. And just as importantly, the ERA manual listed the part number of every part I would need. If I couldn't find a part somewhere, I knew I could call ERA and buy it from them.

Absolutely no regrets what so ever.

Chris
Old 09-02-2004, 05:42 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

I chose ERA because...

#1) Body is very nicely rivoted and bonded to the chassis. Premo.
#2) It feels and drives like a real car. Solid, handles great.
#3) Great product and service quality from start to finish, and after.

Not to mention how it looks. That goes without saying really...
Old 09-03-2004, 12:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thank you all..................... I think my mind has been made.... thank you
Old 09-03-2004, 07:48 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #375 427 S/C - 428FE - Toploader - 1968 AMX 390 Go Pack 4 Speed - My Daily Driver is a 2004 Crossfire
Send a message via AIM to REDSC400
Not Ranked     

The customer support and willingness to please that the ERA organization has displayed for many many years is worth more than most give credit for.

I purchased #375 used from the original owner and the guys at ERA have never once treated me like a second class citizen but rather embraced me as if I was a new first time customer.

The ERA owners and build manuals and troubleshooting guides are of great help andvery professionally done.

A top notch car from a top notch organization for sure.

In addition, the ERA name rings "Quality" to most Cobra insurers and that dividend pays off year after year.

A car can massage organs which no masseur can reach. It is the one remedy for the disorders of the great sympathetic nervous system. Jean Cocteau 1889-1963, French Author, Filmmaker
Old 09-03-2004, 05:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA140, ERA 267, ERA GT2038, ERA FIA 2045, ERAGT2077 ERA2893000EXP
Not Ranked     

babs:

I chose ERA because... well the first car was so long ago I can't remember and after four more cars I can truly say that there aren't any other folks I'd rather deal with.

Jim

PS: Actually there's a long list of why I like to deal with them and it starts and ends with the folks up in New Britain. In between there's a host of other reasons; the look and stance of the car, the engineering, the safety of the design, the fact that it's made here in the ol' USA and I can go and walk around the shop and talk to the guys welding up the frames and assembling the bodies... and did I mention that they're decent folks to work with? Oh yeah, I covered that.