Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 11-29-2004, 07:41 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 428 FE 4-speed CR "TL" heavy spline
Not Ranked     
Default ERA Headlight Replacement

I need to replace one of my headlights. Is the ERA headlight something that I can pick up locally - like a specific type, etc.?

Sorry for such a lame question - I'm a Cobra owner/driver, not one that knows much about cars. But I'm having fun learning!

Thanks.
Old 11-29-2004, 08:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #2097 -289FIA . 351W. PSE Torq Thrust 17" Ds. All Black.
Not Ranked     

Owner's Manual says that headlights are #6014 (would guess this applies to any brand name?-e.g Sylvania, GE, etc).
Old 11-29-2004, 08:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #375 427 S/C - 428FE - Toploader - 1968 AMX 390 Go Pack 4 Speed - My Daily Driver is a 2004 Crossfire
Send a message via AIM to REDSC400
Not Ranked     

CDC:
If you are going to replace one, then perhaps this is the opportune time to think about the Lucas PL Tripod headlamp.
Take a look in my gallery, I think I have a picture of them on 375.
I got mine from a Morgan dealer but XKs Unlimited in California sells new old stock. With lamps the PLs run about $99 per.

Although not actually correct, I get more positive comments on these lights than I care to recount. They are quite brite as well. Prior to these I had a pair of Hella beams which were also fine.

A car can massage organs which no masseur can reach. It is the one remedy for the disorders of the great sympathetic nervous system. Jean Cocteau 1889-1963, French Author, Filmmaker
Old 11-30-2004, 06:35 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by REDSC400

CDC:
If you are going to replace one, then perhaps this is the opportune time to think about the Lucas PL Tripod headlamp.
Take a look in my gallery, I think I have a picture of them on 375.
I got mine from a Morgan dealer but XKs Unlimited in California sells new old stock. With lamps the PLs run about $99 per.

Although not actually correct, I get more positive comments on these lights than I care to recount. They are quite brite as well. Prior to these I had a pair of Hella beams which were also fine.
That's the ticket. Unlimited in California? Please provide the full name as I'm not familar with Unlimited.

All input is appreciated.
Old 12-03-2004, 07:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #375 427 S/C - 428FE - Toploader - 1968 AMX 390 Go Pack 4 Speed - My Daily Driver is a 2004 Crossfire
Send a message via AIM to REDSC400
Not Ranked     

XKs Unlimited is a really nice shop in California. They are also a Shelby continuation dealer and as such the parts guy out there is quite familiar with the Cobra. I got some SW gauges from them in the past.

you can find them on the web at www.xksunlimited.com

I would perhaps do this transaction on the phone and talk to the parts counter guy and insure that they are in stock. They advertise the PL headlamps all the time in CLASSIC MOTORSPORTS magazine (formerly BRITISH CAR).

XKs has a wonderful catalog for Jaguar parts.

Hope this helps you out.

A car can massage organs which no masseur can reach. It is the one remedy for the disorders of the great sympathetic nervous system. Jean Cocteau 1889-1963, French Author, Filmmaker
Old 01-14-2005, 04:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA # 695 w/Shelby alloy block 427#CSX506 w/Richmond 5 speed
Not Ranked     

You can get a pair of reproduction Lucas P700 Tri-Bar headlights for $69.95 plus shipping.
They are not exact but very good. They are made by Sylvania with halogen bulbs. The web site appears below.

http://www.shoppalstores.com/kustomk.../8422/id/46600

Last edited by mpotito; 01-14-2005 at 04:18 PM..
Old 02-01-2005, 10:48 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by mpotito

You can get a pair of reproduction Lucas P700 Tri-Bar headlights for $69.95 plus shipping.
They are not exact but very good. They are made by Sylvania with halogen bulbs. The web site appears below.

http://www.shoppalstores.com/kustomk.../8422/id/46600
Thanks for the lead - stated "Fits all 7 inch standard diameter lights" - is that what I have?

Also - even more lame, how does one change a headlight on a ERA Cobra - I swear that I know how to change a headlight on regular cars, but not this one.
Old 02-01-2005, 01:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA # 695 w/Shelby alloy block 427#CSX506 w/Richmond 5 speed
Not Ranked     

Yes you have 7" lights. They fit perfectly on my ERA # 695.
Old 02-02-2005, 09:03 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks - they have been ordered - I guess I'll attempt to put them in myself - it must be relatively simple.
Old 02-02-2005, 10:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: -Sold- Contemporary 427S/C # CCX-3152 1966 427 Med Rise Side Oiler, 8v 3.54:1 Salisbury IRS, Koni's.. (Now I'm riding Harleys)
Not Ranked     

a screw holding on the bezel. three more on the inner ring. piece of cake.

A man that is young in years, may be old in hours, if he have lost no time. But that happeneth rarely. Generally, youth is like the first cogitations, not so wise as the second. For there is a youth in thoughts, as well as in ages... Sir Francis Bacon (1561-1626)
Old 02-04-2005, 07:48 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks - I should have looked a little closer at the bezel.
Old 02-04-2005, 01:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey....I recognise the women in your photo gallery!
Old 02-05-2005, 08:56 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I got that picture off the web, so perhaps you know that women. Thank her.