Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam

Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2005, 03:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via Yahoo to pavulon
Not Ranked     

How about Elkhart Lake Road America in Wisconsin for the Brian Redman International Challenge featuring F1 and Can-Am cars...it's a nice, big place and you can run your car on the track if you want. This year's BRIC is July 14-17. The ERA guys were there last year...don't know if they are planning to attend again this year?
Old 02-17-2005, 01:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #375 427 S/C - 428FE - Toploader - 1968 AMX 390 Go Pack 4 Speed - My Daily Driver is a 2004 Crossfire
Send a message via AIM to REDSC400
Not Ranked     

Ok, when you cut thru all the static in the replies, it does appear that:

1) folks would like a gathering

2) they (in general) would like it better if the gathering(s) were closer to them than further away

3) that we do not know what ERA's stance is on such an event (ie: attendees or sponsor)

4) that other than a gathering of ERA owners, and an all ERA car show, what would the event be composed of in terms of format, activities, etc. ?

So, what's next?

I suggest that if you look at SAAC and how they "move" their annual event from one location to another around the country, that there is perhaps something to be gained by either having the ERA meetings simulate that concept or even piggy back the event, ie: be a part of the SAAC meeting.

Your THoughts?

A car can massage organs which no masseur can reach. It is the one remedy for the disorders of the great sympathetic nervous system. Jean Cocteau 1889-1963, French Author, Filmmaker
Old 02-18-2005, 07:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA#173
Not Ranked     
Default ERA meet

Just let me know where and when
Mark ERA#173
Old 02-19-2005, 06:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

REDSC400 You could try the first gettogether at Kitcar show at Carlisle in May. ERA is there and a fare share of shows show up. There are hotel and motels 5 miles from the track. There could be an area set aside for the meeting area. It's 2 1/2 hours from central jersery. Some people drive there. Meet on Sat afternoon and have a dinner in town. West coast could do the same thing. Just a thought. Rick Lake Ps I would trailer out my car if it is enclosed. Will order one soon.
Old 02-19-2005, 08:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 6079 482CI CSX cross ram
Not Ranked     

How about the SF Bay area? All joking aside I would like to attend if possible just let me know when and where.
Old 02-19-2005, 09:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #678 427SO/468 Cu in.
Not Ranked     
Default Meeting

I think Carlise PA show would be good for east coast ERA guys and the West coast could set something up along the same lines. I would love to fly in to the west coast to go to the meet and I am sure most East Coast People could do the same if the dates were right. I will Check with Peter, or better yet I know Bob Checks in here. Bob, would that be possible for a get together at Carlise and if so, what would we need to do?
Regards,
Mike
Old 02-19-2005, 01:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427SC w/427so, ERA GT #2002
Not Ranked     

Somewhere close to the Blue Ridge Parkway would be a awesome location . . . great scenery and roads. Suggest anywhere between Asheville, NC and Danville, VA, i.e., VIR. Some of the best driving in the country, what with the nice mountain roads and mild summer weather.

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough HORSEPOWER." Mark Donohue
Old 02-19-2005, 02:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #623 460/4x2
Not Ranked     

I dont have an ERA, but why dont you guys think about meeting in June at the Cobra revolution in PA? Seems centrally located. I think it's in June. There were over 50 Cobras last year.

Dane
Old 02-19-2005, 02:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

speed220mph Tom thats a nice idea. One question is that a BLACK CLOUD in the back ground of your picture following you? . Sure looks like rain TOM. Rick Lake
Old 02-20-2005, 09:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427SC w/427so, ERA GT #2002
Not Ranked     

Rick: That was a cloud I managed to stay ahead of on our way back to Blowing Rock. We had to duck into a gas station earlier in the day. Overpasses come in handy, too. Popup thunderstorms in the summer occur frequently in the mountains, but the curvy scenic roads are made for Cobras and bikes. It seems as though we're cut out of the same cloth.

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough HORSEPOWER." Mark Donohue
Old 02-20-2005, 09:39 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

For what it worth to anyone making it out to the Western half of the United States in May 2005, there is going to be an ERA gathering at the 2005 Western States Cobra Bash in Reno, Nevada.

ERA (Peter, Bob) are already invited and considering it per Peter P. He just learned about WSCB and did not know about it. They are busy building cars! I told them there is no need to bring cars if they don't want to, just fly out and bring themselves, and see the ERAs that are already registered, along with a really wide variety of all makes and originals.

We also have Daytona Coupes and GT40s coming, and I sure would like to hear from someone with an ERA GT that would be interested in attending. If we get that, we have just about one of EVERYTHING registered and already attending.

FYI... Here Ye' Here Ye' Come one, come all! Bring your spouse, its a fun ERA gathering with some cool stuff already registered.