Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam

Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2005, 01:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Connecticut inspection

Connecticut inspection date is set,06/17/05...10 am.Crossing my fingers!!!
Old 06-07-2005, 06:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA gt40 2076
Not Ranked     

Xcobraj

When did you book the appointment. I'm going to be there in the next month or two. The first time i went through inspection they were two to three months out. only on Thursdays.

LLoyd
Old 06-08-2005, 06:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Connecticut inspection

They wanted to know if I was ready cuz they were only a week out,but gave me the appointment for the 17th.I called on the 1st of June.When I asked whom I was speaking to they just kept referring to it being the Salvage inspection dept.(big secret I guess).Soooo lets see how I do.
Old 06-08-2005, 02:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA gt40 2076
Not Ranked     

Xcobraj
thats great news. Just have your act together and don't try to pull anything over on them and you'll have no problem.
Nice bunch of guys inspecting. They know what to look for and go for those couple of areas intensely. I got sent home for ride height and non-dot headlights. re-inspection is quite easy just show up with the previous inspection they only look at what failed you the first time.

Good Luck
Let me know

Lloyd
Old 06-09-2005, 05:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default connecticut inspection

The guys that do the inspection I'm sure have seen enough ERA cars to know they a great kit,Its what we do to them when we get it home they are looking to save us from.
Old 06-10-2005, 05:13 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster 351W, T5, Red & White
Not Ranked     

XCOBRAJ

Just a few thoughts......

* If you have not done so, obtain a copy of the CT DMV publication R-157 Composite Motor Vehicles. The Inspectors will be looking for 100% compliance.

* I believe heat shields are still required, at least during the inspection process.

* Must be trailered, cannot use temp or dealer plates.

* Separate Bills of Sale are required for the Cobra, engine and rear end. I had mine notarized. They look for proof that the parts are not stolen. Do not recall if required, but I also had a Bill of Sale for the transmission.

* Cobra will be placed on a lift, looking for loose bolts, brake lines , etc

* The " brake test ", you will be asked to speed up in the test lane and hit the brakes hard w/o your hands on the steering wheel. looking for a straight stop.

* Front suspension will be checked by jacking up each side

GOOD LUCK !!

Don
Old 06-17-2005, 03:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427
Not Ranked     
Default Well????

I hope it passed....Im ordering a Unique next week... Please post update!!!...Mike
Old 06-17-2005, 04:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I did great...failed,but I think I did pretty good.Got me for E-brake adjustment.I could smell the clutch burning,then the car jjjust inched forward,nope no good.So adjust e brake and my engine is from a 428 from a 68 mustang which have eleven digits in the serial number,I never noticed but my receipt for the sale only had 10 digits.
So gotta get a new receipt.I'm was expecting to go back twice anyway,seem I always have to do everything twice...Well almost everything.But I have to tell you the inspection people could not have been nicer.Hope to go back next week to finish up.