Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2006, 11:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default CA Engine Block Registration Question

I hope that someone can shed some light on this.

I purchased an ERA that was built and registered by the former owner in CA. I have all of the paperwork, including reciepts that have been stamped by the CA State Patrol.

I am thinking of replacing and storing the 289 block that the car was registered with, however I do not want to lessen the value of the car for someone in CA if I were ever to sell it (which I do not plan on doing).

My question is: Once a car is built and registered, does it ever need to be reinspected in terms of matching the engine serial number to the original registration paperwork?

Thank You!
Old 06-29-2006, 11:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B 351/402 Fi roller everything
Not Ranked     

smog check ,every two years ,unless you have the sb-100 car and you are exempt.you dont get the serial number checked unless there is a glaring difference like 429 instead of 289 then they might , but it depends on the station you get checked at and the person who checks. good luck.
Old 07-02-2006, 05:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 6079 482CI CSX cross ram
Not Ranked     

is the car registered with sb-100?
Old 07-12-2006, 04:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I am the secon owner, The car was originally purchased by the first owner in San Diego. I was told that it is an Sb-100 car, however I am not certain how to confirm that. Any ideas would be much appreciated.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Nuttin'
Not Ranked     

Look for the Specialty constructed vehicle number sticker that is spoosed to be applied in an obvious spot (i.e. on the fender inside the engine bay or some other obvious location) by the C.H.P. after it was inspected IF it is an SB-100 car.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:54 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2008 Shelby GT500
Not Ranked     

Lindy,

If you still have the California Certificate of Title "pink slip" look at the "Make" if it says SPCNS it is most likely a SB100 car. If it says "Ford" or something else it was most likely registered incorrectly. IE Titles Unlimited.

Hope this helps, FIA Mike
Old 07-12-2006, 06:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

The car has a blue "Assigned Identification Number" metallic decal (more like a dash plaque) that lists an identification number starting with "CA". There is also a seperate control number. The tag was issued by "The State of California Department of Motor Vehicles".
Old 07-12-2006, 07:56 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4795 (Sold)
Not Ranked     
Question Look for this!

Do you see anything like this?
http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/s...cat=500&page=1

jdog