Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
May 2024
S M T W T F S
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2006, 04:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Trigo 289 FIA Wheels

Looking for backspace info on the 289 wheels (Trigo, I think) below and is this number with or without adapters. I'm looking to put these on 5 lug 4.5" space rotors/axles. Also, the wheels in the below pic seems to have finished centers. Is this factory powder coat? Very nice car BTW.

Old 11-24-2006, 04:39 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK1085 (302), HTM111 (427 Comp), CSX2375R (289 Comp) and Scratch 427 S/C
Not Ranked     

I undersatnd the backspacing is at 3.5" for all Trigo wheels. I too like the FIA wheel and am looking for a set. I have called Trigo without answer? I heard they sold the company to Southern California Hot Rod firm. I have contacted them as well w/o success.

Hope someone decides to advertise the wheels soon? Vintage does not offer FIA in 15", maybe PSE?

Jeff
Old 11-24-2006, 07:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Size 10 Feet
Not Ranked     

The wheel offsets are posted here.
Old 11-24-2006, 07:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

The wheels shown above are PS Engineering 6 stud FIA's with painted centers. Don't know the backspace dimensions however.
The car is just your ordinary, hum-drum ERA with 600 HP.
Old 11-24-2006, 08:43 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK1085 (302), HTM111 (427 Comp), CSX2375R (289 Comp) and Scratch 427 S/C
Not Ranked     

Tongue Pirate has a PSE wheel doc in his gallery. It shows PSE makes an adapter? Is this Trigo Style adaptation? I'll call PSE and maybe get some answers....

Jeff
Old 11-24-2006, 08:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 289 FIA
Not Ranked     

I don't think PSE makes FIA wheels..I have call and asked before...RR
Old 11-24-2006, 09:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 Slabside Early Comp Car with 289 Webers and all the goodies. Cancelling the efforts of several Priuses
Not Ranked     

[IMG][/IMG]

These are PSE wheels with the aformentioned Trigo adapters. I bought blank adapters (from Trigo) and machined them for 6 hole fitament 4.25 bolt hole circle, (to allow use of PSE's FIA wheels) using the same barrel nuts as the 5 hole Trigo adapters. PSE wheels are cast differently and have a little "rougher" finish than the Trigos, which I think use a permanent mold type of casting process. The PSE wheels cannot be used on a 5 hole adapter because the mounting pad on the back of the wheel will not accomodate a 5 hole pattern. I was the first (according to PSE) to attempt to fit the FIA wheels on a Ford 9" rear end. There are more pictures in my gallery. There was a lot of machining to get it to work. Lynn had indicated that the Trigo FIA wheel "Was" coming to the market place but had some production problems and kept being delayed so I went forward with this. The Trigo type wheel has a different mounting pad on the back (much like their 427 Wheel) and will easily accomodate the 5 lug pattern.

As you slide down the Banister of Life, may the splinters never be pointing the wrong way

Last edited by Rick Parker; 11-24-2006 at 09:21 AM..
Old 01-15-2007, 10:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

If anyone is still looking for Trigo FIA wheels, I am selling a set with adapters.

http://www.clubcobra.com/classifieds...hp/product/124