Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2001, 09:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E.R.A. FIA #2088 1964 289 w/Webers
Not Ranked     
Default Era Fia ?

Bob,

First, I read through the FAQ's at your site & almost everything regarding the FIA. Great Site! Great Cars! I just have a question to ask.
You claim that the FIA car will accomidate a person up to 6'3". I am only about 6'1". I have sat in a couple FIA's. The Unique car was definately acceptable as far as legroom but the North American Fiberglass Car I sat in had my knees uncomfortably in the dash. I am not extra long legged by any means.
My question is "What is the legroom like in your FIA cars?"
Old 05-12-2001, 11:37 AM
289 FIA Fan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Cool FIA Legroom

Mr. Pirate (or is it Mr Tongue),

I am (or was) 6'2" and am going to ERA the 1st week in June basically to test fit an FIA. If all goes well, I will keep my order in place and hopefully have a place for the Coast 347 I hope to order next week. I am also going to pick up my Inglese Web 48's, and manifold, while I am back there - this is going to be fun! My only problem is that when I told my traveling companion, Nancy, she would have to ride with the Webs in her lap, she didn't agree?

I will definately report back as to room for us larger, I also weigh around 240 lbs, folks.

Last edited by Thorin; 05-12-2001 at 11:41 AM..
Old 05-13-2001, 09:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

That would be great! I checked the dimensions listed at the site & it appears that I should have no problem but I want to make sure.
Old 05-14-2001, 04:57 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

We can fit anyone! Have you seen out Outpatient Surgery Center?

Seriously - we can change the seat padding and pedal placement to get you comfortable. The comp dash or the 427-style dash offer a bit more room than the drop-center dash.

Please address parts inquiries to eraparts@sbcglobal.net
Old 05-14-2001, 06:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanx Bob !!!
Old 06-09-2001, 10:02 PM
289 FIA Fan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Cool It Fits!!!

Mr. Pirate,

Just a quick note - the FIA fits my rather large frame!! I sat in a "normal" FIA with street seats and I might take a little padding out, but in the racing seat... Man what a hoot!! Bob, Peter and the rest of the crew were teriffic!!

Peter checked my place in line - they had started the frame on the 6/2 and I was there on the 5th. Had to leave them a $5,000 check, now have to find a way to cover it!! I thought that customer service was a thing of the past, but the people in Texas kept telling me that ERA was fantastic, and they are - they will go way out of their way to make sure what you get is what you want!!

If you have any more questions, drop me a line!
Old 06-10-2001, 10:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thank You! Has anyone seen that ERA FIA for sale at Cobra Country? Wow!
Old 11-27-2001, 05:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA #2078. 331 stroker, sportsman block built by Evanuik Performance. 450hp
Send a message via AIM to SSSnake
Not Ranked     

I am 6' 4" and could barely reach the end of the footbox in an ERA.
Provided i was sitting in the passenger side. I still have 2 years until i have to worry about driving.
Old 11-27-2001, 06:39 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Tongue,
I saw the car up at Willow Springs-very nice. As I was reading through this thread I was going to suggest you look him up as he is in Northridge just a few miles from you. You could test fit yourself. I know someone else who has one but there are no seats in it yet.
Take care, Steve D***ey