Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > ERA---Speak with Bob Putnam

Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
June 2024
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2008, 06:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA # 208, 428CJ
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by fkemmerer View Post
Mike,

Car is with Ron Randall at Metal-Morphous, Inc getting a final color sanding and buffing. Ron did the body work and paint on my car and he also did an outstanding job. It should be back in the garage sometime after the first of the year. The car was actually my christmas present 2 years ago when my wiife decided it was a good time for us to build another car. The whole project took about 2 years to complete. Thanks for the nice comments!

- Fred
Fred
Well it will be a late Christmas present thats all... as far as coming home!! I heard Metal-Morphous does a wonderful job!! I was thinking of repainting #208 in the next few years (other projects going on now) ...Are you happy with what they have done? From the pictures the car loooks flawless !!
Merry Christmas Fred
Mike
Old 12-19-2008, 07:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 758 KC Pond 482
Not Ranked     

Mike-

I had Ron do ERA 758. You can see some pics in my gallery. You will be delighted with the results. Ron has an early ERA like yours and knows the car intimately. If you ever get close to ERA, Ron's shop is only about 15 minutes away.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by xracerbob View Post
Mike-

I had Ron do ERA 758. You can see some pics in my gallery. You will be delighted with the results. Ron has an early ERA like yours and knows the car intimately. If you ever get close to ERA, Ron's shop is only about 15 minutes away.
Hey Thanks xracerbob
I will have to stop there for sure! Went to your gallery..the car looks awesome!! I am sure you are excited about your new car.. Congratulations and Merry Christmas!!

Mike
Old 12-20-2008, 06:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA, FE BBF
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagxjr5012 View Post
Fred
Well it will be a late Christmas present thats all... as far as coming home!! I heard Metal-Morphous does a wonderful job!! I was thinking of repainting #208 in the next few years (other projects going on now) ...Are you happy with what they have done? From the pictures the car loooks flawless !!
Merry Christmas Fred
Mike
Mike,

Ron has done work on two cars for me (my Cobra and a 1963 Split-Window Corvette; pics of the Vette are in my gallery). Ron is the most expert person that I have encountered when it comes to fiberglass work and paint. He spends the extra time to get things straight and properly prepped. He is an great guy to work with and he has done many, many cobras. If you want top quality body and paint work, I would not take your car to anyone else.

He also has a proprietary metalization process that looks great on the underside of hoods and trunk lids. It gives a fiberglass body the appearance of being aluminum. Attached are a couple of picture's of Ron's process on my ERA.

Give Ron a call and I'm sure he'll be able to help you with top quality work on your car.

- Fred
Old 12-20-2008, 07:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Fred
Looks like the right place to go !!
Mike
Old 12-20-2008, 04:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427SC FMS 351W
Not Ranked     
Default ERA supports their cars well even after the original sale

A lot of great things have been said about ERA's support and from my experience it is true. I purchased ERA previously owned ERA. I was the fourth owner. I called ERA for advice to help correct some "previous owner maintenance" and Bob, Doug and Peter treated me like I purchased the car from them directly.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BRG ERA street car w/428 PI, Sunburst wheels, undercar exhaust, original interior, no philips head screws!
Not Ranked     

Fred:

I see you have the correct front bumper on your car with the license plate bracket. Where did you get it? Or...is that the ERA license plate kit that you manually attach?
Old 12-21-2008, 12:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatBuckley View Post
My ERA (#535) - was the best Cobra I have owned. I would do another ERA in a heartbeat.

Bob, I had no idea you were so kinky. I usually let the girlfriend do that.
What? Get the seat back in? Lazy bugger ;-)

Dom
Old 12-21-2008, 12:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: #1459 w/460(sold)New(used),spf w/427s.o.(sold)
Not Ranked     

how many era's are made a year??? Seems like there are never many 4-sale.
Old 12-21-2008, 01:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Size 10 Feet
Not Ranked     

We only do 40-50 cars/kits a year. We're up to the mid-700s of the 427 and roughly 130 FIAs.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:31 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA #2117; 331 stroker; TKO600
Not Ranked     

Bob, don't forget about the GT 40's!! How many of those have you built?
Old 12-21-2008, 02:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Size 10 Feet
Not Ranked     

Roughly 110 GTs too.
Old 12-21-2008, 05:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA, FE BBF
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 428street View Post
Fred:

I see you have the correct front bumper on your car with the license plate bracket. Where did you get it? Or...is that the ERA license plate kit that you manually attach?
I have the ERA license plate bracket (and bumper) on my car in the photos. I've since removed the bracket and am keeping my front license plate in the trunk. ERA's bracket does not damage the bumper and will allow the front plate to partially fold down when the car is moving.

- Fred
Old 12-22-2008, 04:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BRG ERA street car w/428 PI, Sunburst wheels, undercar exhaust, original interior, no philips head screws!
Not Ranked     

Thanks Fred.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:16 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA #2117; 331 stroker; TKO600
Not Ranked     

Bob, that's amazing - 110 GT 40's!!!! I thought you only built 3 - 4 a year. The next time I'm in the neighborhood I'd like to visit the "skunkworks" to see them in process.