Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Everett-Morrison Motorcars -- Speak with Julie and Brett

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        
Old 01-06-2011, 10:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Unhappy EM serial number help

Hi.

I've bought a EM cobra regestered in 1990. In the package of info there are two different ID numbers. 1) EM427SC.....87 2) EM427SF.....96. Does anyone know if the SC and SF means anything? does the 87 and 96 represent the year the car was manufactured?

I think there is some regestration issues and I need to sort it out before moving the car.

I would also like to get in touch with the old owners of EM to see if they have any build sheets or info they might have.

Thanks a bunch
Old 01-07-2011, 08:32 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former Everett-Morrison,428SCJ
Not Ranked     

Hi Blake,
I bought a second hand EM frame 14 years ago. E-M was able to tell me when it was first sold, 1985 in my case, how it was set up when it left the factory, and who the buyer was......That was the old E-M, Buford and friends, I don't know if the new owners have those records. The frame has it's own serial number which I don't have access to right now. I bought the body in 2000 and it came with the MSO and it's own S/N which is "EM427SC......00". I can look for the frame number to see if it ends in"85", but my guess is that you are right about the year built.

When I registered the car they used the body/MSO number only.

Hope that helps,
Jon
Old 01-07-2011, 09:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hi John,

Thanks for the responce. I'm trying to import the car into Canada. The state regestation numbers is the ....87. but the plate that is on the frame is the ...96.

I don't have easy access to the car. It's 7 hours away and the dealer doesn't know anything about these cars. Can you tell me where to look for the MSO tag on the Body? Is it the same type of tag that was on the frame?

Thanks again
Old 01-07-2011, 12:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett-Morrison 427SC 302 smallblock. 431 stroker in the works, tremec 3550
Not Ranked     

Blake;

I purchased my E-M kit in 1995. The car has two ID plates. One on the right inner fender and one on the frame crossmember just below the body ID plate. The plates are identical, except for the numbers. The body is "EM427SCxxxxxx1995 and the frame is EM427SFxxxxxx1995. Since they both ended in "1995", I assumed this was the year of manufacture. I also assumed that "SC" stood for Semi-Competition", as the sales literature of that time advertised the car as a "Replica 427 SC, and "SF" was their way to signify that it was a frame number. I also thought that the BMV/Highway Patrol would assign their own serial number at inspection, but since E-M's number had the correct amount of digits, they used my body number for the VIN. I hope this info helped.

Last edited by Tom Cimino; 01-07-2011 at 12:33 PM..
Old 01-07-2011, 07:54 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former Everett-Morrison,428SCJ
Not Ranked     

Can't be of help with the tag location. Both S/N tags came in a box with the body, I attached them myself.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:45 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None, sold it
Not Ranked     

Blake,

Better check with your Canadian Cobra clubs about importing it into Canada. From what I read, that might be an issue.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

thanks guys. All the info is a great help.