Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Everett-Morrison Motorcars -- Speak with Julie and Brett

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2008, 12:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E-M Cobra Ford FE 427 w/ Webers 48 IDA
Not Ranked     
Default Is Everett Morrison STILL IN BUSINESS??????

Hello All,

I have been trying to get in touch with Julie at Everett Morrison.

Are they still in business?

I have tried repeatedly to get in touch with them via the 800 number provided on their website. It seems as if nobody is anwsering the phone or checking messages.

Does anyone have any insight as to what is going on?????

Old 06-02-2008, 12:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #1374 with 392 RDI Stroker
Not Ranked     

I know they have moved here to Houston and are currently setting up shop. I'll check around and see if I can get you more details

Mark
Old 06-02-2008, 01:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thank you Goober.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:04 PM
Administrator
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP286, Shelby 482, Webers, 593HP
Send a message via Yahoo to Brent Mills
Not Ranked     

Yes, they are still in business. They recently placed an ad here, and their web site was modified in may. http://www.everett-morrison.com/
Old 06-02-2008, 02:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I just received some news from the DMV.

They are requesting the Occupational license and business license number in order to register my car. I have know idea why?

They also requested to have the manufactor of the car contact them.

I can't do this because NOBODY ANSWERS THE PHONE.

I have been trying to call her for the past 2 weeks and keep getting a Voice Mail that is full.

Honestly, I have been extremely happy with my build process until now.

I am sorry but I have been more than patient waiting for Julie to contact me which she has failed to do so.

I believe that my request wasa very simple one of registering the car, and she can not even return my phone call.

If this is the type of customer service she is looking to provide to her customers I dont think she will make it in the Cobra Replica business.

This is what give cobra companies a bad name.
Old 06-02-2008, 02:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I swung by their shop last week it is about 3 miles from where I work. Noyone was there but there was an EM sign.
Old 06-02-2008, 02:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I had a technical question a few weeks ago and gave them a call on a Saturday and go the help that I needed.
I called the 800 number on their website.
Hope this helps.
Old 06-02-2008, 04:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1981 CONTEMPORY COBRA, 351C
Not Ranked     

i passed there on 3/24 on my way through houston and all i saw was a sign leaning on the building and a trailer by the dooor, boxes piled in the office and no one there.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:00 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Status of E-M on 2 June 08

I am glad that folks are interested in E-M. Yes, we are still in business, yes, we are still in Texas and yes, we still have an 800 number which has not been working well...for the second time since I have gotten it.

We would refer readers to our website where our show schedule is clearly shown. We have cars in production and are establishing new relationships with suppliers to produce our product.

We are available by appointment and remain so.

For those in the Ohio Valley, you will find us at the London Cobra Show in June.

Julie
Old 06-02-2008, 06:07 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Julie

Great post but how are you going to help priobe with his problem? That was the reason for this thread afterall.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I have been very dissappointed with the new owners as well, I was trying to call many times with no luck, when the company was sold, Brett was very helpfull, the old owners.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:20 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1967 E-M with 302 Ford
Not Ranked     

I have made 4 phone calls in the last month seeking info on where to install motor mounts for a 302 ford. Mine was built with a 350 chevy. The first and second time i talked with Julie and was assurred that she would get me the info after talking with Brett ,however after two more calls and no answer what so ever from Julie i am now 5 weeks with out and engin in car and will be doing my install with out their info on motor mount location.
I hope they will give better service soon or they will self destruct again.

Bonos
Old 06-03-2008, 12:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

jwd,

Thank you for the response.
FYI
I have managed to spend the most part of my day researching information for my EM registration.

I would like to thank Street Beast as well as Finish Line for providing some information on how to register my EM Cobra in Florida.

Also, I would like to thank you guys from CC with the registration information. Each state is different which is why I needed to speak to Julie directly.

Apparently EM was also registered as an auto dealer, which is why they are requesting additional information. I have managed to get the tag agency to understand that EM is a manufacturer in my case. The tag agency was able to find EM motorcars as a manufacturer.

All that is needed is the sales tax ID to verify that Everett Morrison collected sales tax at the time of my purchase. Apparently, my invoice is not enough justification.

I am calling out once again, Julie, please contact me to provide your sales tax ID so I can complete this process.

Also Julie, you handle your business as you see fit. I am simply recommending that you reach out to your customers to better serve them. Please do not leave them stranded like this. Let them know that EM is alive and well ready to take over with new and exciting things (if that is the case). I would hate to see this continue and for you to be faced with questions pertaining to customer service during the London Cobra Show June –17- 22.

I would suggest that you designate a person(s) that might be able to address some questions in your absence. The members on CC are very knowledgeable but not all kits are the same. It’s a lot easier to relate when someone knows the design.

Last edited by priobe; 06-04-2008 at 09:24 AM..
Old 06-04-2008, 09:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

And still no response.

Amazing!!!!!!!!
Old 06-04-2008, 01:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #1374 with 392 RDI Stroker
Not Ranked     

priobe, I feel for you. After looking at the pictures in your gallery, I can see why you want to get on the road. Can't believe EM hasn't been in touch.

Good luck. You and bonos have more patience than me!!

Mark
Old 06-04-2008, 07:00 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Priobe's Issue

I have sent an email to Priobe regarding his problem.

There have been numerous kit Cobras registered in the state of Florida and there is information posted on the FL DMV website that describes how to register a kit car. He knows this too.

I went through a full search on THIS forum site for people who have registered cars in FL and have paraphrased that information to Priobe. This is a great forum for providing information...unfortunately it can also be used to make statements that probably don't need to be made.

I have documented my problem w/my 800 number. It is being dealt with.

I sent a message to Priobe telling him that I will talk w/the DMV if given a Point of Contact name & phone number. I have not received any response to that email.

In the past two weeks I have had to deal with a serious issue; I have had to drop everything to deal with it. I don't need to justify any more to any of you.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 545" stroked 460 - sold
Not Ranked     

Priobe, I also feel for you. Beautiful car in your gallery pictures.
Reading this last response wow all I can say is *good luck*
Old 06-04-2008, 08:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby American CSX 4241 - authentically built
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieF View Post
In the past two weeks I have had to deal with a serious issue; I have had to drop everything to deal with it. I don't need to justify any more to any of you.
That's a pretty poor attitude, and certainly not one that's appropriate for running a business. No matter how serious an issue you may have to deal with, there is no excuse for leaving customers out in the cold. A simple answering machine message or forum post saying that you would be unavailable for a period of time, could have saved all this from coming out.

See my car at CSXinfo.net here >> CSX 4241
Old 06-04-2008, 08:33 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary, FE, Tremec TKO 600
Not Ranked     

Quote:

Sorry to hear about your difficulties. However, there are plenty of Cobra manufacturers out there in this very competitive market who would likely choose to use different wording when dealing with a customer needing help, regardless of the severity of their own personal situations. You may want to reconsider what you've said here, since lots of potential buyers read this site and comments like these will only drive those customer's into the waiting arms of other manufacturers.

Again best of luck with your difficulties.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:36 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Wow. Nice reply. I'm sure you'll attract alot of customers with that attitude.
Closed Thread