Club Cobra Keith Craft Motorsports  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Factory Five Racing

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2011, 05:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: none yet - looking at FFR, Hunter, Lone Star, Pacific
Not Ranked     
Default Looking for Donor or Rebuilt Parts

First, I am new, so bear with me.

1. I am having trouble finding a 87-93 Mustang GT at anything close to a decent price. I am checking Cars.com and Autotrader.com. Am I looking in the wrong place?

2. I am seeing quite a few 96-2002's. What is the reason that this is not preferred? Is it that the 4.6 L engine is bigger, cutting into leg room?

3. I may want to use a auto tranny. I realize that this is sac-religiuous, but I'm a Cruizer. Will this also take a chunk of leg room?

4. I like the idea of using as many recycled parts as possible. This is for both fiscal ($) and ideological reasons. Is it possible to skip the donor car entirely, and buy rebuilt parts? Can one complete a kit this way?

Thanks!
Old 03-16-2011, 06:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra Auto Works body, Ron Godell Racecars chassis, 1989 Mustang GT 5.0 HO (converted to carb), W/C T-5, 3.73's in a Ford 9" Traction-Loc.
Not Ranked     

1. Try Hemmings Motor News, they have an online presence, too.

2. IIRC, F5R updated the kit to take the 4.6/mod motor line with the MkIII model (I may have the model wrong). The mod motor is a good engine and responds incredibly well to power adders, like supercharging.

3. It's your car, so do what you want. I'm thinking about replacing the 427 style body on my relica a 289 FIA body. If I do that, I think I'll search around for a 4 X 4 onto which I can mount the 427 style body.....maybe an older Ford Explorer to retain the Ford mechanicals?

4. F5R markets a "no donor" model now, reported to include all the parts you would need except for the drivetrain. Check it out.

Cheers from Dugly

No names were changed to protect the innocent!
Old 03-23-2011, 01:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hey Cruizer I have a '92 Mustang LX hatchback 5.0, 5 speed, 60,000 miles, car hit on left side. Everything is ok. Lots of donor parts. Zero rust, new tires. Its the same as GT only an LX that does not have the ground effect package. I live in SE Ohio. let me know if you want more details. $1800
Old 04-01-2011, 02:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five MKIII, 302 EFI
Not Ranked     

Cruizer, There are a number of online forums that are specific to Factory Five. They even have their own online forum now. The new MKIV will take a number of engine and transmission combinations so you are not just relegated to a 5.0. Search the web and I am sure you will find what you are looking for. If all else fail, call Factory Five. They are great people to deal with and will spend as much time as it takes to answer all of your questions. Frank