Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Factory Five Racing

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2002, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Awww Freddie--I'm sure whatever you said was damn funny!?

Gauguin? Nothing so nice as tanned topless beauties. Some Hungarian mixed up a bunch of different mediums, including gold paper (?) and came up with a portait of trussed up Hungarian lady--quite stunning if you go for that kind of thing. Made my day when the college daughter came home one weekend and asked my wife who the "lady with the shower cap was"!!! Funny thing, my art docent mate is quite a good painter of real life and forest settings--which I prefer to anything we've ever bought (much cheaper, and she does a hell'uv a job doing walls too).

Getting ready to list the Butler. Had some nice fall drives and it's time to let my baby go...
Old 11-29-2002, 06:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Butler with home-rebuilt 393 Cleveland stroker(Ya---ikes!)
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up That was right docent of ya.

I'll be in touch...
Old 11-29-2002, 06:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Butler with home-rebuilt 393 Cleveland stroker(Ya---ikes!)
Not Ranked     

Ronster,
Send that oh-so-docent wife of yours over to the "Snakebite" thread.
Chow,
Old 11-29-2002, 06:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

BiB said it: make sure the house is well-appointed. Buy her furniture, put down wood floor, marble tile, granite countertops, stainless appliances--you get the picture.

But do this first; then its just a matter of timing--and as you know, timing is everything. Don't wait too long or some of the above stuff will go out of style or become worn and require replacement. Once you have the car, you can say no

Throw in a diamond if necessary, but that is a last resort type effort.
Old 01-05-2003, 02:39 PM
Administrator
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP286, Shelby 482, Webers, 593HP
Send a message via Yahoo to Brent Mills
Not Ranked     

Humble, did any of this work for ya?
Old 01-05-2003, 05:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

It was my wife's idea to get the Cobra. We went to lots of Dream Cruises and looked at cars. Everytime she thought that the Cobra was the best lookin and most sexy car. She loves its behind. Most of the women that I know which have seen a Cobra loves its looks. It is power and performance to appeal to males and the curves to appeal to females. My wife also liked meeting the outgoing, friendly Cobra owners. They were much nicer to talk to than some of the owners of other cars. You buy a Cobra, you buy a lifestyle. If you wife loves the car, you get to go along for the ride. If not, you can not have both wife and Cibra abd kive in peace.
Old 01-05-2003, 06:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E.R.A. FIA #2088 1964 289 w/Webers
Not Ranked     

First take her down to Tifany's & buy her a nice gift. Then tell her that a new study says that fresh air blowing through hair does wonders for a persons scalp & hair folicals. Then tell her the best way you can see to accomplish that is to buy a roadster. Tell her you have one in mind that should work perfectly !!!

Make sure you mention how nice her shoes look!
Old 01-05-2003, 06:57 PM
heavy hauler
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley stroked 342
Not Ranked     

I took my wife to HOC showed her the cobras, lied to her on what in would cost , its better to ask for forgiveness than permission!
At least you get what you want.

Mike
Old 01-05-2003, 07:10 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CMC, 351 Cleveland, Dual Quads, C6
Not Ranked     

Just tell her: "Look bit--, We are getting a Cobra!" The direct approach gets results every time!
Old 01-05-2003, 07:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 289FIA / SA 351W / a truly glorious machine
Not Ranked     

It turns out that I need to amend my post regarding "convince my wife". My wife was just reading the postings of all the contributers to this thread and came across mine. Apparently all the whining, hints and clues was not the reason for my success in acquiring the car. She claims that after a twenty one day stay at the Cleveland Clinic she returned home in a drug induced state (pain killers)and then I sprung it on her that I was on my way to Fla. to pick up a Cobra. She couldn't talk when I told her about buying the car but I thought she was at a loss for words in all her excitement and I didn't think about the massive doses of Percocet she was on.
The bottom line here is to wait until they are passed out drunk(she doesn't drink) or on massive amounts of pain killers- the key word here is TIMING..
al schafer aka casaleenie
Old 01-05-2003, 08:57 PM
heavy hauler
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley stroked 342
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Just tell her: "Look bit--, We are getting a Cobra!" The direct approach gets results every time!
David

I believe the key word is "I"

If she doesn't like it we are back to it is better to ask for forgiveness than permission!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike

Old 01-05-2003, 09:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 454 S.O.
Not Ranked     

Just do it!!

“If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower.”

Mark Donahue
Old 01-05-2003, 10:00 PM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 roadster with 351C-4B
Not Ranked     
Default Gotta work it!

Some good points in here. Some touch on sound facts with humor and others come right out and say it! You know here better than we do, at least most of us (welcome to the forum) so you should have an idea that works.

I spoil my wife to the best of my ability. She deserves it. For years I have come up with unexpected suprises for her ranging from a few bucks to half the price of the my car. Romatic get-a-ways, etc. I don't ask much at all in return.

When I say the add for FFR it got me thinking. I researched and she knew I was serious. I brought up ideas and bargins as passing facts until she began to see the value to both of us. She convinced me to buy one finished because she was affraid she would have to have visitations rights to me if I built one. And she was right. There are a number of very good values out there. You can not build the car for what many sell for done. I saved thousands. The car may not be going up in value, but it sure as hell isnt loosing like the money was in the stock market. Speaking of stock market. It is my feeling that it has driven the price down of many 'luxury' items like Cobras on the used market. It seems a few years ago you could build one for yourseld and actually make a buck. The same does not seem true now. That could also be because of the increased numbers being produced over the last few years as well.

So work it, let her know you are serious. My wife never even had seen one in person and she LOVES it. We use it to get away and spend some time together. Always a selling point. Plus she will probably LOVE the attention that she gets in the car.
Old 01-06-2003, 09:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Rdorman,
Very valid points regarding luxury market, stock market,abundance of cars, etc. I also took the built route.
I have nothing but admiration for the guys that take the time and effort to put one of these things of great beauty together.
I'm retired and so is my wife. Taking two years out of my life to build one of these things was not an option. (also two years may be optimistic on a build)
Also rdorman, I haven't forgotten the bottle of booze to be delivered to the DVSF in June..thanks again.

Jeff Frigo,
If you cruise Michigan Ave I may have seen you back in August. Watching that Cobra cruising down the street under the lights put me over the edge. Had to have one...
Old 01-06-2003, 09:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Kountzcobra,
That might work with your wife but if I dropped that on my wife she would say what she always says.
"I have recently purchased a two lb. ballpeen hammer and sooner or later YOU WILL FALL ASLEEP"
NUFF SAID......
Old 01-06-2003, 12:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

As I've said before: "Take your wife to the Motorcycle Dealerships!" ...the more expensive the better...start with Harley...then hit the Italian makes...since all bikers like to tell you about their crashes, make sure you initiate a few conversations along the way. After a couple of months of this...say you're considering a Cobra instead. Now,... here's where you'll find out if she knows how much life insurance you have...an who's the beneficiary! If all is in order, (i.e. she really DOES love you, or your policy sucks), she will GLADLY be persuaded to capitulate to a Cobra. Besides, as thin as a Cobra passenger seat is,...it's better than the end of a motorcycle!
Old 11-22-2009, 03:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MK3,302 Trick Flowed,Billets, in the Snake Pit.
Not Ranked     

Tell her that the price is going up$1000.00 dollars soon, you better get a jump on it while the deals still good.
Old 11-22-2009, 03:59 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK1085 (302), HTM111 (427 Comp), CSX2375R (289 Comp) and Scratch 427 S/C
Not Ranked     

Simple

Tell her it's cheaper than a girlfriend............

Last edited by 1985 CCX; 11-22-2009 at 04:27 PM..
Old 11-22-2009, 04:20 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     
Default Just Another "One Hit Wonder"

Just another old, old thread by some guy who obviously never got his Cobra. I think CC needs some sort of "pledge semester" where we get to review the new crop of pledges and then zing that black ball in to the box if we sense a lack of true commitment.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Waiting to Order a BDR, engine to be a SA C408. TKO to hook it up.
Not Ranked     

7 years ago he asked ....... in his 1 and only post ....

I think he may have told her "woman this is what I have done"

and no-one has found out where he's buried.