Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   Factory Five Racing (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/factory-five-racing/)
-   -   Bill @ FFCobra lost it? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/factory-five-racing/91807-bill-ffcobra-lost.html)

Questor 09-27-2008 11:05 AM

Bill @ FFCobra lost it?

Is it just me or has Bill lost it? He has banned so many people in the last few months and people are now even starting to make comments about it in posts.

He banned me (A month ago) for warning another guy that he might get banned for posting in a Bilstein thread. He ip banned my second identity for posting 3 times in an hour. ("You've been banned because you are a spammer.") He hasn't yet banned my 3rd or 4th identities, but I'm sure he'll get to them.

I am a forum addict and am a member of many forums and was an admin on a very active forum for about 6 years and I've never seen a forum run like his. I know he lost his father recently (As did I) but there must be something else going on in his life to drive him over the edge.

I know he's very supportive of FFR, but I really think Dave Smith would be unhappy about his censorship of everyone who speaks their mind. Dave seems very "American" and seems believe in all that is supposed to mean. He also seems to fight his own battles and I'd bet he wouldn't like what Bill has done with the honesty in the biggest FFR forum around.

Ahh well. This may become my new FFR home even though there is much more information to be had there. I'm guessing what is said here will be much less censored.

BTW. For any that have been banned and want to be able to register there you can do it a number of different ways and there is no way anyone but you will know who you are.

Now I'm off to the Bilstein thread.....even though I finally got Konis. I've noticed there is a surprising lack of talk about Dave's latest stickied post even though it should have sparked a lot of talk.

berzerko 09-27-2008 11:29 AM

not too long ago someone venting about the quality of his gtm kit was banned
and they sounded like legit gripes

mrmustang 09-27-2008 11:49 AM

Honestly, it's his forum and he can do with it what he likes. The really funny part is, he started the forum after complaining about the moderation of the cobraforum.com site and the same issues that he is now doing to his forum. Again it's his money on the line and he may have been warned about pending litigation that he himself might get sucked in to should he allow certain posts to stay and that may be why he is moderating in his current way.

Bill S.

jwd 09-27-2008 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by berzerko (Post 884025)
not too long ago someone venting about the quality of his gtm kit was banned
and they sounded like legit gripes

I was following that thread when he got banned. Seemed he was posting threads about the poor quality of the GTM body, how nothing fit, and that it took forever to get the axles from FFR after being told many lies. Others were posting the same problems but for some reason, Silverpearl was banned. :rolleyes:

Questor 09-27-2008 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmustang (Post 884028)
Honestly, it's his forum and he can do with it what he likes.

Bill S.

Well, the way I see it, he thinks it's his forum, but any forum is only what the users make it and he is really taking away from the "feel" of the place. You can see everyone dancing around topics like they're walking on egg shells just waiting for the next ban. People will start looking for a better place and then it will all suffer.

As a forum admin I always walked the line to keep to the spirit of the site (Like limiting profanity and nudity of family oriented sites.) while not letting my own personal opinion enter into how I dealt with topics or users.

New users will quickly see that there is only Bill's version of honesty when it comes to Factory Five and many will believe he's covering for FFR. I happen to be a believer in FFR and I really like Dave Smith's integrity. Like I said before, I really think Dave would rather fight his own battles rather than have Bill cover up anything which might come off negatively toward FFR.

I say let the product and Dave speak for themselves rather than ban and lock everything which in BILL's opinion isn't right.

computerworks 09-27-2008 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Questor (Post 884016)
This may become my new FFR home even though there is much more information to be had there. I'm guessing what is said here will be much less censored.

FFR guys have been and always are welcome here to discuss anything.

Let's be clear on one thing, though. If you have a personal issue with Bill Peirce, you should take it up with him directly and not create a public problem here.

We have a friendly and cooperative relationship with Bill and will not permit a feud to spill over.

ffcobra.com is a business and FFR pays for the focus. They can call the shots.

Let's leave it at that.

thanks

ron
ClubCobra Moderator.

AKA Snake 09-27-2008 02:53 PM

I know what you mean! About a month ago Dave issued his fix for everyone affected to send their Bilstiens back to Bilstien for a rebuild at a cost of $32 each. Well Dave got so many bad responces to it he reneged and then stated he would come up with a new plan. He is still working on it todaybecause of problems with Bilstien

Well the thread was locked and all threads after that have been locked. I started a thread stating the negative comments had actually had a good outcome in that Dave knew most were unhappy. My point was that if the THAT thread was locked right away, Dave wouldn't have been aware and nothing would have changed. I wasn't badgering anyone except to point out that a Forum should be a two way street in some cases. Also, The Bilstien problem wasn't being handled by FFR anywhere else but on that forum. It is now. There is a warning on The FFR website

I went on to say that if ONE person had a beef with one vender... this wasn't the place to air it. The Bilstien problem is a world wide problem and also life threatening.

I WAS BANNED and the thread was removed

BY The way, I was banned by a MODERATOR not by Bill.

JWheaton 09-27-2008 03:04 PM

Everytime I read a thread about banning I think of the Witch scene in Monty Python. Not sure why. Clearly there is an analogy to the knight and the moderators in calming the crowds. (you could also say they are like the Monks beating their heads with wood as well in their efforts to moderate. I have to believe it must feel like that once in a while :p )

To all others Ban him, Ban him, Ban him, Ban him :LOL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp_l5ntikaU

mrmustang 09-27-2008 03:05 PM

I find it strange as I never knew Questor was from Nova Scotia :D

Now AKA snake comes in from NY with much the same style of writing and the same "us vs them" statements :rolleyes:

So, just how many IP addresses can one man have, oh wait, he did say "there are ways" :JEKYLHYDE

Pretty obsessed if you ask me :LOL:

Bill S.

PS: Ron, your PM box is full again :p

AKA Snake 09-27-2008 03:37 PM

Boy! Talk about Obsessed!

mrmustang 09-27-2008 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKA Snake (Post 884072)
Boy! Talk about Obsessed!

Obsessed, nope, paranoid about someone who openly states that he plays games with multiple accounts only to have a first time user come in and back up the first parties statements with the same writing style........HHHHmmmmmm, maybe :LOL:

Bill S.

patrickt 09-27-2008 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmustang (Post 884069)
So, just how many IP addresses can one man have, oh wait, he did say "there are ways" :JEKYLHYDE

Just bounce off a proxy. For an exhaustive list of proxies, go here: http://www.samair.ru/proxy/type-01.htm and you can bounce off the country of your choosing. ;)

mrmustang 09-27-2008 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patrickt (Post 884080)
Just bounce off a proxy. For an exhaustive list of proxies, go here: http://www.samair.ru/proxy/type-01.htm and you can bounce off the country of your choosing. ;)

Impressive, but would you take anyone seriously that must stoop to using such a web service or site?

Bill S.

patrickt 09-27-2008 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrmustang (Post 884083)
Impressive, but would you take anyone seriously that must stoop to using such a web service or site?

Only if he stoops to conquer....;)

AKA Snake 09-27-2008 04:23 PM

Mr Muckstang...
Looks like your insinuating that Questor and I are the same person. You an Idiot! Do you just go around trying to make trouble. now there's a reason to be BANNED!

mrmustang 09-27-2008 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKA Snake (Post 884088)
Mr Muckstang...
Looks like your insinuating that Questor and I are the same person. You an Idiot! Do you just go around trying to make trouble. now there's a reason to be BANNED!

My, my, aren't we a bit on the touchy side, "I" insinuate nothing, but with your posting style, perhaps you should be banned from ffcobra...Although, I do not show your account there listed as banned, but I do show your last post there as being on 12-09-2004, 05:20 PM. Maybe you are confused as to whether you were banned there under this user name, or maybe not. Your long absence and your appearance here now does appear a strange coincidence though...........

Bill S.

Great Asp 09-27-2008 04:59 PM

Quote:

Mr Muckstang...

"You an Idiot!"

Take time to check your insults before posting.

What MM is stating is that people come on to this (and other) websites to do not much besides stir the pot. They do this using false or incomplete information on themselves up to and including bouncing their IP address.

If you're not a troll then don't act like one. Try getting to know people on this site before calling a long time member and poster an "idiot". By some coincidence you just suggested someone be banned which is the same problem that the "OP" had at FFC.

I do not know MM, but the last time I checked (on this website AND others) he posts positive and helpful information. That's how he got up to almost 7700 posts on this website alone.

Eric < yeah, that's my name:cool:

JWheaton 09-27-2008 04:59 PM

What else floats in water?

Ducks

mrmustang 09-27-2008 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWheaton (Post 884098)

Ducks

http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_pictur...lyGrail027.jpg

Bread, Apples, Uh, very small rocks, Cherries? :D

Jamo 09-27-2008 06:40 PM

Quote:

Mr Muckstang...

I don't like you already. One more assinine post and you (and all of the others in your head) will be out of here.

Ron posted an advisory to everyone about coming here and *****ing about Bill. A few of you ignored it. Stop now.

Let's be clear about this...we don't care what happens over there. We're not going to let this site turn into a focus group for former FFR Forum folks. If you can't get along over there, sell your FFR and buy something else.