Keith Craft Inc.- We service what we sell!!! Check out our Cobra engines!!! We build high performance racing engines and components for the fast pace strip racing industry as well as daily drivers who want to be FIRST!!!

FE Forums sponsored by Keith Craft Inc.

Go Back   Club Cobra > Engine Building, Tuning, and Induction > FE TALK

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-12-2001, 12:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     
Default Www.sideoiler.com

When I embarked on my project to build a Cobra, I knew for 6 years I was going to build one with a 427 Side Oiler. I din't know whose car I was going to buy or build, but I knew I was going to build it with a 427SO.

Information, parts, builders for such an engine were not as easily available as I thought or had wished they would be.

Having gone through the difficulties of obtaining enough parts and information I thought I would make available a website that would help others seeking to exchange parts, buy and sell components, and ask questions and have them answered by knowledgable few who are still playing with these engines.

I went and purchased the domain name www.sideoiler.com

I am looking for someone who could design a very primitive website sans the fancy graphics, etc. I want something that could provide nothing more than some useful information. I don't plan on moderating it nor do I have any commercial interest in mind.
Hell, I work at a Chevy place.

If you know someone who could design such a website, that would have

WANT TO BUY
WANT TO SELL
BOOKS AND LITERATURE
MACHINE WORK
SETUP AND TUNE
HISTORY
PART NUMBERS WHAT THEY MEAN
etc.

I would be very intersted in hearing from you. Since this is a self funded project to help US out, I am limited in spending a fortune on such a project. If you know someone who could do this, or if you are an frustrated web designer, please contact me.

Pac Bell where we host our business site has enough storage would host it.

Any takers?

TURK

ps.Again, this is ABSOLUTELY a NON commercial undertaking. If it was I wouldn't be soliciting for help in here nor would I be advertising something that doesn't even exist yet.
Old 10-12-2001, 05:14 AM
(An All-Around Nice Guy)
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Motorcars (sold)
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Paging Jerry Rowley... Jerry Rowley to the lobby please...

Excellent idea, Turk!

KM
Old 10-12-2001, 05:17 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     
Default ....you've got mail

Turk..check your mail.

I wish I had guys at work that could paint my car, but I'm stuck with employees that can program.
Old 10-12-2001, 06:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Keith Craft built my monster 527 Shelby, Rob Camp @ KCM in Plano, TX installed, tested & tuned it and Dean Rosen @ Dynamic was magnificent in delivering my dream SPF #1857. Without these guys, I'd never have realized my dream.
Not Ranked     
Default I can help!

Turk,

Sounds like a noble enterprise!

I can do what you're looking for so we should talk about details if you're interested.

Dave
Old 10-12-2001, 03:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Great Idea

Turk,

That is an excellent idea. A site like www.sideoiler.com would have helped me out tremendously during my build. I applaud your efforts to launch this undertaking AFTER your prjoect is completed............... quite thoughtful and unselfish of you.

Good Luck,

John
Old 10-16-2001, 11:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Excelguru
I sent you an email regarding this web site. let me know if you did NOT get it.

If you can't have it done, please let me know. It looks like i have another volunteer.

dave Rodak
Thanks for the offer. I might take you up on it. Will know soon.

TURK
Old 10-17-2001, 05:36 AM
(An All-Around Nice Guy)
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Smile

Turk,

Sorry, but I didn't get the email. Here, let me put a direct link to my email...

CLICK HERE

There, that should do it. Please let me know how I can help! BTW, have you "swapped ends" in your car yet? I certainly hope not! An acquiantence of mine just north of Atlanta says he's spun his ERA twice. During one spin, the curb "ate" one of his sidepipes and stuffed it under the car (ouch).

Keith
Old 10-17-2001, 07:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Try it again.
I just re-emailed my earlier email to you.

TURK
Old 10-28-2001, 05:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

HI TURK HAVE NOT TALKED TO YOU SINCE KIT CAR SHOW IN PA. THEIR IS A GUY IN TENN, DAN RAWLS WHO PUTS OUT F.E.C.A. MAGAZINE ON FE MOTORS ONLY . IT IS ONLY 15 TO 20 PAGES LONG BUT HAS ALOT OF INFO. ON THE MOTORS WE ALL LOVE SO MUCH. ADDRESS IS F.E.C.A. RT.2 BOX 87 RELIANCE, TN. 37369 # 423-339-9665. SOME OF THE INFO IS OLD AND SOME IS ON THE CUTTING EDGE. IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU COULD HOOK UP WITH HIM AND WORK TOGETHER IN MAKEN A GOOD AND ACCURATE INFO ON A MOTOR THAT MOST COBRA OWNERS LOVE AND NEED THE HELP TO BUILD ONE THAT LASTS. MY SHELBY MOTOR IS JUST BREAKEN IN AND I WOULDN'T TRADE IT FOR A STROKERED 351 WINSOR, BESIDES THE MOTOR I BUILT WAS ONLY 12.500 TO BUILD AND IS ALL ALUM. IT HAS THE WEIGHT OF A IRON SMALL BLOCK. I HAD TROUBLE WITH MY TRANS AT RUN AND GUN AND DROVE IN ONLY 2 GEARS, BUT WITH ALL THAT TORQUE THEIR WAS NO PROBLEM, AND GOT TO 2ND PLACE FINISHES FOR AUTOCROSS AND DRAGS FOR THE FIRST TIME OUT. WHAT A BLAST CANN'T WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR TO HAVE THE CAR FIXED. MY 452 CI. MAKES 420LBS. TORQUE AND IDLES AT 750 RPM AND NO SHAKE. FUEL INJECTION WORKS NICE AND IS VERY GOOD TO ME TALK TO YOU SOON TURK P.S. HOW IS THE MASK. RICK LAKE HORSEPOWER IS YOUR FRIEND BUT TORQUE IS WHAT MAKES YOU MOVE
Old 10-29-2001, 07:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Rick,
There is some information on side oilers. They are all over the place, I was hoping I would have the time to develop something a lot more definitive than what currently exists.

I wish I had a little more time. I would really like to do this some day.I just don't have the computer skills to do it on my own.
Sounds like you are happy with your motor. Sorry to hear the difficulties with the tarnsmission.

Who built the motor for you?
$12,500 sounds like you got off cheap.

TURK
Old 10-30-2001, 07:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

HI TURK THE MOTOR I DID I DID MYSELF THE MACHINE WORK WAS DONE AT WESTON MACHINE, PROBABLY THE BEST AND SLOWEST MACHINIST ON THE EASTERN COAST I WAS OFF BY 200.00$ ON THE ENGINE. THAT DOESN'T INCLUDE THE FUEL INJECTION SYSTEM. I COULD NOT AFFORD TO HAVE ERA BUILD MY CAR. DOUG DOES BEAUTIFUL WORK ON ALL THE CARS HE ASSEMBLYS, A MASTER AT HIS TRADE. WITH ALL GOOD IDEAS COMES MORE WORK, I WOULD LIKE TO HELP YOU, BUT MY 12 HOUR DAY NOW THAT DAY LIGHT SAVINGS IS GONE TAKES ALL MY TIME AND CHIRSTMAS IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER YOU HAVE A GREAT CAR ALMOST AS PRETTY AS MINE, WANTED TO THANK YOU FOR THE GREAT TIME AT KIT CAR IN PA. TALK TO YOU SOON RICK LAKE P.S. GOING TO SEE PETER POR. IN TWO WEEKS AT ERA ANYTHING YOU WANT ME TO TELL HIM, BESIDE HIS HAIR IS THINING STAY WELL AND ENJOY THE HOLIDAYS
Old 10-30-2001, 09:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I don't think your car is anywheres near as pretty as mine!. Even if the car was, you sure ain't as pretty as me. That is for sure!

Dora's Brother in Law

TURK

Last edited by Turk; 10-31-2001 at 08:21 AM..
Old 10-31-2001, 07:37 AM
(An All-Around Nice Guy)
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey Turk,

I still have plenty of high-resolution photos of my bare block showing many of the small details (casting marks, stamps, etc). I took them to put into an album someday. Please let me know if you would like them for your site. I'll just email them to you.

Keith
Old 10-31-2001, 08:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Excellguru
As soon as I am able to get a modest website up and running I will solicit all the available photos and articles that are out there. I think with enough volunteer effort we may have quite a library of information. Thanks for your offer.

TURK
Old 10-31-2001, 02:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

HEY TURK GETTING THE WOMEN TO DO YOUR TALKING? SAD I ONLY WEAR THE MASK ONCE A YEAR, I HEAR YOU WEAR IN EVERY NIGHT BEFOR YOU GO TO BED. WHAT IS THAT CREAM CALLED? STARTS WITH AN N. MY CAR IS THE ONLY ONE PAINTED THAT WAY. ONE OF A KIND. KEEP IN TOUCH I DO BOW TO THE KING BEING YOU ARE OLDER AND HAVE MANY MORE MILES ON YOU THAN I HAVE ON ME, BUT AS LONG AS YOUR HAVEN FUN THAT'S AL THAT MATTERS RICK LAKE your humble serf.
Old 10-31-2001, 03:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

If you had put a decent engine in that car of yours, you wouldn't have to supercharge it.
What do you do for hair dryers around the house now?

TURK

Last edited by Turk; 10-31-2001 at 04:08 PM..
Old 11-01-2001, 04:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

NOW TURK THIS IS THE YEAR 2001, CARBS, 12.5 COMPRESSION, 600 LIFT CAMS, ROUGH IDLES, BURNING EYES, 106 OCTANE BOOST GAS ADDITIVES AND SMELLY SIDE PIPES ARE A THING OF THE PAST. THE SMARTER WAY IS FUEL INJECTION, TURBOS (2), NOS GIGGLE GAS, FEEL FREE TO HELP YOURSELF, AND SUPERCHARGERS. MY CAR ILDES AT 750 RPM ALL DAY LONG AND WILL NOT OVERHEAT. THE ALUM. BLOCK WEIGHTS AS MUCH AS A SMALL BLOCK FORD, BUT HAS 452.8 CI. AND WILL PASS N.J. 1995 EMMISSIONS WITHOUT CAT CONVERTORS. HOW SMOOTH DOES YOUR ENGINE RUN? I KNOW YOUR CAR IS GREAT FOR A CLASSIC COBRA, BUT I BUILT MINE CAR A LITTLE DIFFERENT. I WOULD HAVE PUT WEBERS ON IT IF I COULD FIND A SET OF 58'S FOR THE CAR. SAS TO SAY BUT I HAVE THE FIRST ERA WITH POWER STEERING. WHAT A NICE OPTION TO HAVE I GUESS WE CAN KEEP THIS UP FOR AWHILE, YOUR TURN, KEEP DANCING YOUR LOYAL ASSASION RICK LAKE
Old 11-01-2001, 07:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Genuine original Unique MotorCars 427 S/C, with a Genuine original Ford 427 Side-oiler.
Send a message via Yahoo to Cobranut
Not Ranked     

Rick,

What's all this about a smooth idle and clean exhaust? Do you want a Cobra or a Lincoln???

I absolutley crave the sound of my 12.5/1 .650"+ lift cammed 427 running Cam-2 110 octane.
Hell, it makes my whole shop smell good for a week after I park it.

Later,
Old 11-01-2001, 08:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

RICK LAKE

Power steering?....You put a power steering in your car, and you ask me "how smooth my car runs?"
Are you serious? Don't EVER write to me again!

Do you know Evan?

TURK

ps. My car doesn't run smooth at all. Is it supposed to?
Old 11-02-2001, 05:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

OKAY BOYS DAVE YOUR FIRST MY TEENS WERE IN THE 70'S I WORKED ON A 69 HEMI ROADRUNNER AND RAN 11.O SECONDS ON THE STREET THE CAR WAS GREAT GAS MILAGE WAS 8.5 TO THE GALLON, THE NOISE WAS SPECIAL AND THE NOISE WAS LOUD AND THE HEARING WAS GOING FAST. THE NEIGHBORS WERE CALLING THE COPS EVERY FRIDAY NIGHT I KNOW AND REMBER THE SMELL WITH 12.8 COMPRESSION AND 110 IN THE TANK. BEEN THEIR AND DONE THAT. IT IS NICE BUT NOW I DO IT DIFFERENTLY. I GET ABOUT 14.5 COMPRESSION, 620 HPW SOUND GREAT AND WILL RUN ON 93 SUNOCO GAS WITHOUT OCTANE BOOST. I DONOT WAIT THE NEIGHBORS ANY MORE BUT STILL THE FUN WITH THE COPS WE ALL PLAY GAMES. OKAY TURK!!!! POWER STEERING IS THEY NICE TO HAVE ON ROAD COURSES, AND AUTOCROSSES. THE FEEL IS VERY GOOD AND I DONOT NEED STONE HANDS AND ARMS TO DRIVE UNDER RACING CONDITIONS. 1 HAND ON THE STEERING WHEEL, 1 HAND ON THE SHIFTER, PRO RACER I AM NOT BUT, I DO NOT HAVE TO WORK AS HARD AND WITH GOOD FEEDBACK ON THE STEERING I CAN KEEP UP WITH THE BIG BOYS. NASCAR HAS HAD POWERSTEERING FOR OVER 20 YEARS, NEXT TIME WE SEE EACH OTHER I WILL LET YOU TRY IT AND SEE WHAT YOU THINK, FROM A NEUTRAL POINT OF VIEW. JUST KEEP PICKING ON THAT BONE YOU HAVE, AND I KEEP SMILING RICK LAKE YOUR HAPPY LOYAL PIN CUSHION