Keith Craft Inc.- We service what we sell!!! Check out our Cobra engines!!! We build high performance racing engines and components for the fast pace strip racing industry as well as daily drivers who want to be FIRST!!!

FE Forums sponsored by Keith Craft Inc.

Go Back   Club Cobra > Engine Building, Tuning, and Induction > FE TALK

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-13-2013, 04:16 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     
Default Here You Go Chas. - The Finest Fluoroelastomer

Replaced it today, I knew it would give you shivers. Not just emissions quality rubber, but the finest fluoroelastomer, SAE 30R9 compliant, and carefully mounted so the stamping was pointed downward so as not to spoil the beauty of the plain black hose. Yessirreee, replaced the little two inch connecting hose right off the carb base as well. Constant tension clamps on the ends. Yep, I know you're going nuts now. So just feast your eyes.

Last edited by patrickt; 11-03-2016 at 09:48 AM..
Old 04-13-2013, 05:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

That looks as bad as the electrical tape on the couch foam bars and the DB, quick-breakaway toikey pan (aptly named in your case and mercifully replaced in this display).
A wipe with lacquer thinner on a paper towel will remove the lettering. But with all the other visually offensive crap on it-you should leave it.
It's part of your Gestalt

I thought this would be the Avon Thread...
Old 04-13-2013, 06:14 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERA Chas View Post
That looks as bad as the electrical tape on the couch foam bars and the DB, quick-breakaway toikey pan (aptly named in your case and mercifully replaced in this display).
A wipe with lacquer thinner on a paper towel will remove the lettering. But with all the other visually offensive crap on it-you should leave it.
It's part of your Gestalt

I thought this would be the Avon Thread...
A fluoroelastomer Avon thread? That wouldn't make any sense. And do you know what a nuisance that job would have been had I not had the foresight to have a custom removable Turkey Pan made? That would have been an all-day job just to replace a dang PCV hose. And if I wiped off the lettering how would I know what the hose was five years from now? No, carefully rotating the hose so the lettering is facing down is the better way.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Did the old one say 'Basement Hose'??

And exactly how much horsepower has that pan contraption added to make it so precious? It has more springs and clasps than Dolly Parton's bra...
Old 04-13-2013, 07:34 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Did the old one say 'Basement Hose'??

And exactly how much horsepower has that pan contraption added to make it so precious? It has more springs and clasps than Dolly Parton's bra...
It was Gates Adapta Flex General Purpose Hose. The specs on that say it has "limited oil resistance." Actually, the problem of hose permeation, with both fuel and oil, is a bigger deal that one might think. Coolant, too. The industry rags have a good bit of articles on it.

And that wonderfully crafted TP adds at least 3 horsepower to my mill. You know Bob P. crafted that himself.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
You know Bob P. crafted that himself.
Yes, when he was six.
To test the new hose properties, put the bag over the car until next April and check again. (Almost sounds like the 'bag over head of ugly girlfriend' jokes...)
Old 04-14-2013, 10:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kellison Stallion 468 FE
Not Ranked     

all that motor needs now is one of my billet aluminum block off plates to replace that ugly stamped steel one

Attached Images

Old 04-14-2013, 10:50 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by FWB View Post
all that motor needs now is one of my billet aluminum block off plates to replace that ugly stamped steel one
Uhhh, I don't know about that... I'd have to check with Chas. Note how the soft gray plate goes with my motif. And Chas. tends to eschew bling of that nature, so I'm thinking he's going to say "No." But thank you for thinking of me.

Last edited by patrickt; 11-04-2016 at 08:35 AM..
Old 04-14-2013, 11:11 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Nice-you still have that price tag hanging on the overflow tank. Minnie Pearl would be envious...
Old 04-14-2013, 11:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I do not visit the FE pages very often that might change you guys are great entertainment.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kellison Stallion 468 FE
Not Ranked     

oh you didn't know "FE" stood for flamboyant entertainment...
Old 04-14-2013, 12:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #795 427 S/C completed Jan. '14 - '68 FE 427 side oiler
Not Ranked     

Patrick's response to FWB was just a sneaky way to get a photo of that spring loaded turkey pan in the thread.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:59 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
... put the bag over the car until next April and check again.
I want to do my wheels like GRUF78 did in this thread Magnesium Wheels . I thought what I would do is, this next winter, before I put her in the bag, pull the wheels off. Then, during the off season, I have the tires removed, the weights, and the valve stem, then try and work the GRUF78 treatment. I'll have all winter to do it. Then put the AVONs on the "new" Halibrand wheels. Of course, I'll photo every step of the way....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevins2 View Post
Patrick's response to FWB was just a sneaky way to get a photo of that spring loaded turkey pan in the thread.
... and I try so hard not to be sneaky.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
I want to do my wheels like GRUF78 did in this thread... Of course, I'll photo every step of the way....
I say this in all seriousness and respectfully; don't dull the wheels. Just get Avons.
The dull wheels will make a terrible companion with the beige paint. They will clash not compliment. The 'historic' wheel look will not work with your third brake light and the wrapped bars. If you must, paint the centers body color with bright rims...
Yes it's your car and it's subjective yada yada but I think you'll find it unappealing after you do it.
No matter-please just don't post 'every step of the way'...
Old 04-14-2013, 01:21 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

What about those Earl's blue and red fittings feeding the carb. Ugh.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:39 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
I say this in all seriousness and respectfully; don't dull the wheels. Just get Avons...
Hmmm, maybe there's a way I can "test the look," as you may be right. If I could put a Halibrand-ed wheel against the car, first, then I would know for sure. Good thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
What about those Earl's blue and red fittings feeding the carb. Ugh.
That's on the to-do list as well. Probably when I change the Moraine filters in the carb. I don't like them either; never have.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
I don't like them either; never have.
Provided you have an in-line canister filter just remove them.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:12 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Provided you have an in-line canister filter just remove them.
I do. Here's a shot RodKnock posted a while back. I think this would look splendid with my color.

601HP likes this.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'm afraid you're going to show us...........
Old 04-14-2013, 03:39 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
I'm afraid you're going to show us...........
Just using Photoshop to pull the RGB colors from that pic of RodKnock's, and then plugging those values in to here, EasyRGB - The inimitable RGB and COLOR search engine! , pulls up paints that, on the computer screen at least, get surprisingly close. Trial and error, and a few bucks worth of paint samples, and I think you could get awfully darn close. Chas, when you get a chance, would you upload to this thread the highest res pic of your mag wheels that you think accurately reflect the color best?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: