Keith Craft Inc.- We service what we sell!!! Check out our Cobra engines!!! We build high performance racing engines and components for the fast pace strip racing industry as well as daily drivers who want to be FIRST!!!

FE Forums sponsored by Keith Craft Inc.

Go Back   Club Cobra > Engine Building, Tuning, and Induction > FE TALK

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-15-2002, 03:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Flatlander Racing has been chosen by Genesis to R&D the new blocks because of there many years in building FE motors they were a natural choice. The guys at Flatlander will not release blocks(which they have) until they have completely tested the blocks ad feel that they can stand behind the product. We all remember the DOVE catastrophy & don't want to go through that again. I have been assured even though Flatlander is listing these blocks they will not be released until they are proven. You may want to take a look at their site or give them a call, they have a lot of FE parts & have been building them for a long, long time. They seem to be extremely knowledgable & honest.
Old 11-15-2002, 05:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

igofast,

Testing, any information as to the steps.

Such as how many blocks, dyno runs, variable rpm, constant rpm, installed in vehicles, hours run until tear down?

TIA
Old 11-15-2002, 08:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

In that case why is JEFF NEELY in above post is given the impression his block is being shipped on Friday? Is the testing that brief or are they releasing them one by one?

Jeff, maybe you can come back and tell us when you get the block. Pictures would help a lot.

Look, I don't want to be the guy whining about something I have nothing to do with. However before I bought my ERA I was searching for a block. If I had gotten in line I would still be waiting for the block for a car, I have bought built enjoyed and sold.

This does not instill confidence in me. please prove me wrong guys.
Why is this important to me? Well if there is such a thing as a new 427 Sideoiler block, I would not have spent what I spent buying a NOS block like I did this week.

Rumors, and false press releases does screw up the market for such a rare commodity as a 427 Sideoiler block. It is not fair to those buying them, more so to those selling them.

TURK
I believe it when I see it.
Old 11-16-2002, 02:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: era,427 genesis side oiler
Not Ranked     

I ordered my block over a year ago. I have been told time and time again that it would be next month from Ron Reid. I have been e-mailing him constantly asking for updates. I ordered the block from Chuck at Cobra Restorers and I have been updateing him on the progress about the product that he is a dealer for. That is a diferent storry though. This is the first time that he has called me with news. He said he spoke with someone at Genesis and the said that my block would be shipped 11-15-02. It was not Ron Reid, of witch is the gentalman that I have been talking to. I have no reason to dought Chuck so I am under the impression that I will see a block this week. I will keep all of you posted.

Jeff Neely
Old 11-16-2002, 03:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 6079 482CI CSX cross ram
Not Ranked     

Old 12-04-2002, 12:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Genesis has blocks at the PRI show in Indianapolis today.

They had blocks at Columbus Ohio show last weekend at $2,995 (undrilled for hydraulics though).

Also at Columbus was some loser trying to unload his 427 sideoiler block for $6K...before the word about Genesis blocks gets out probably.

Shelby is NOT at PRI. And their parts website is down. hmmmmmm

more details after tonight.
Old 01-12-2003, 06:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA / nascar side oiler
Not Ranked     

Anything new , anyone get there block ? I am tring to decide on a Genesis or build an old one .

Last edited by John 550; 01-31-2003 at 06:44 PM..
Old 01-31-2003, 05:31 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     
Default Re: still smoke and mirrors?

Well, more time has gone by..... ...... ....... ....... ........ .........

- Still Smoke and Mirrors or Reality yet? -

is there at least one single person (just one) on this site that has a Genesis 427 block installed in some car (that runs) and can show us pictures or proof? Or, can (anyone) show some pictures of at least one running car with this block yet?

It all sounds good from somebody's cousin who's neighbors' brother knows of one somewhere in some place... but talk is cheap! We are waiting, and we know you read this....

Please Let us see?
Old 01-31-2003, 05:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 #169, Ford 408 Stroker & ZF Transaxle
Not Ranked     

A couple of us were over at Keith Kraft Racing Engines about 2 months ago and he had a new Genesis 427 iron block. They sent him one to build up and test. He also has 10 or more on order. Looked like a nice block and Keith actually sold it to one of our club members and they are currently planning the build.
Old 01-31-2003, 07:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default gsharapa

I am like a junkie needing a fix, did they say when those 10 blocks might be available?

TIA

Gary
Old 02-04-2003, 09:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #676, 428SCJ (2x4), TKOII
Not Ranked     

I think everyone is afraid to be the first...I know I am! I can't wait to hear about that aluminum block!

"There are 10 types of people out there....the ones that understand binary and the zeros that don't."
Old 02-05-2003, 03:26 PM
(An All-Around Nice Guy)
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Motorcars (sold)
Not Ranked     

Jeff,

I'm very interested in hearing how things turn out for you. Be sure to let us know how it looks when you get done drooling in the garage. I'm sure you've told me, but I've forgotten... do you plan to build this one yourself also or have someone else do it this time?

Hope your flight training goes well later this month. We'll miss you at Clyde's luncheon.

Keith
Old 03-04-2003, 08:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Genesis

Ok, anyone have a Genesis Iron Block? They don't answer their e-mail or their faxes, Flatlander pulled them from their web page.

Anyone know anything?

TIA

Gary
Old 04-10-2003, 10:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

Where ARE these Genesis blocks?

We are still waiting for the update!!

If this engine is a hoax, we should be able to tell by now!!

TURK
Old 04-11-2003, 06:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Genesis Block Picture

They have been available for some time, I took this at my engine builder's shop back in November. It had a bunch of zeros with 7 stamped into it, so I assume this was the seventh......
Attached Images

Old 04-15-2003, 01:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default Turk

Interesting thread here:

http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/74182

Dave says this week, XXXX (fingers crossed).
Old 04-15-2003, 08:52 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     

Interesting thread. Hopefully they can get this thing off of the ground some year soon. Sounds like they are still on loose footing. I can't imagine spending $3000 on a new block that I could not use. Hopefully they will make good on those first 100 customers later; or it could turn out to be one of those secret gold mine investments like the 80s.
Old 04-22-2003, 12:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default More Interesting Info on Genesis

http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/...eid=1050880693
Old 04-24-2003, 03:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default bashfull blocks

Ok, I will try this again. After many lies and promised delivery dates, Chuck at Cobra Restorers has been contacted and told we finaly have a block. He was told by a fellow named Tim ( or Tom ) that this other fellow named Ron Reid Is gone. This Ron fellow was as Tim or Tom put it was so full of it that he almost put the company out of business. Anyway Tim or Tom say's they have new investers that are going to do it right this time and repair the damage that Ron did to their company. Chuck is going to drive up to their place and personly inspect and pick up the bolck on Saturday. That is the latest and I will hopfully post next week with good news.

Jeff Neely
Old 04-28-2003, 02:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Ok, I finely have a block. I saw it today. I will post pictures of it once it gets to the machine shop and i can turn it around on a stand.

Jeff Neely