Keith Craft Inc.- We service what we sell!!! Check out our Cobra engines!!! We build high performance racing engines and components for the fast pace strip racing industry as well as daily drivers who want to be FIRST!!!

FE Forums sponsored by Keith Craft Inc.

Go Back   Club Cobra > Engine Building, Tuning, and Induction > FE TALK

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

MMG Superformance
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
June 2024
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-24-2003, 07:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP
Not Ranked     
Default 427 SO builder

Any recommendations on a builder to purchase a 427 SO from? I have heard good things about Southern and FE Specialties. Any reason to choose one over the other? Are there any other recommendations? Is there anything in particular I should be looking for? I want an extremely well and carefully built balanced 427 for fun on the street. I know some people say not to waste the $$ on an SO, but that is what I want and I want one that is done right.

Thanks,

Lew
Old 02-24-2003, 08:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

I have had ( so have others) great luck with George Anderson of Gessford machine shop in Hastings Nebraska.

The fact that George owns and drives a Cobra himself with an FE engine in it was my attraction to his shop for my first engine.

My experiences with him during the first build and the way that engine performed were the reasons for me to have chosen him for my second engine.

Try his website, or better yet give him a call.
You would be pleasantly surprised. He is NOT chep, but he IS very good.

TURK
Old 02-24-2003, 08:16 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2 dr roadster, V-8, 4 spd.
Not Ranked     

Turk loves his engine guy, I love mine. Call 'em both (SAE and Gessford). You will learn ALOT from both! Call at least two builders, that way it's an informed decision!
Old 02-24-2003, 10:06 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: EX- Owner/Builder of a Hi-Tech & CSX4264-Southern Automotive 427 Side Oiler,Now I am sitting on the porch!!!
Send a message via AIM to sfry Send a message via Yahoo to sfry
Not Ranked     

Lew,
I have to endorse Southern. They built my motor and I love it. Major power. It does have a small rear main leak but who gives a cra%. I will buy my next ALUM. 427 from them.

Shannon
Old 02-25-2003, 07:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Keith Craft built my monster 527 Shelby, Rob Camp @ KCM in Plano, TX installed, tested & tuned it and Dean Rosen @ Dynamic was magnificent in delivering my dream SPF #1857. Without these guys, I'd never have realized my dream.
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up A big thumbs up for SAE!

I can't say enough good things about the Parhams and Southern Automotive. Sincerely... They're the best.

Dave
Old 02-27-2003, 09:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via AIM to Carrerajon
Not Ranked     

Gotta put a plug in for Southern Automotive! Bill offers outstanding infomation, a teriffice product that produces what is promised and then holds together along with unsurpassed service.

Send him the check! That is my strongest recommendation!

John
Old 02-28-2003, 05:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     
Default Gessford gets my vote.

For three years I have watched George Anderson drive the Pi$$ out of his 427 SO at Run and Gun. I have only seen him raise the hood to let the engine cool down a little after a long run. Anyone that can build a real thumper like George Anderson and punish it at the track the way he does must be doing something right.

I am sure Southern builds a quality product but I have seen how well Gessford engines perform when driven hard. I think George has won the "King of the Hill" several times with the same engine. He will build my next engine.

Clois

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 02-28-2003, 08:50 AM
(An All-Around Nice Guy)
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Motorcars (sold)
Not Ranked     

Both Southern Automotive and Gessford are very very good. Each will provide you with an outstanding build and you'll be very hard pressed to find any unsatisfied customers from either builder. I chose Southern Automotive, but I'll admit that Gessford was on my short list. I based my final decision on price and geographic location.

You won't be unhappy with either decision, I'm sure. I'm certainly happy with my decision. And I must say that Bill and Susan are some of the nicest folks you're ever gonna meet (icing on the cake).

Keith
Old 03-03-2003, 06:39 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Closer to you. In N.J. Tony Feil/Tony Feil Competition Engines/Raritan N.J. . Bill Cerelli/Paterson N.J. Built Steve Sunshines engine. Feil built mine. Joe LaPine/New Britton Conn. Builds alot of motors for ERA.

These guys know their stuff. Probably amoung the best in the northeast.

Just some more choices.