Keith Craft Inc.- We service what we sell!!! Check out our Cobra engines!!! We build high performance racing engines and components for the fast pace strip racing industry as well as daily drivers who want to be FIRST!!!

FE Forums sponsored by Keith Craft Inc.

Go Back   Club Cobra > Engine Building, Tuning, and Induction > FE TALK

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-24-2004, 10:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: -Sold- Contemporary 427S/C # CCX-3152 1966 427 Med Rise Side Oiler, 8v 3.54:1 Salisbury IRS, Koni's.. (Now I'm riding Harleys)
Not Ranked     
Lightbulb Wanna have fun... Fake E-bay listing

For those who remember we had a guy who had allegedly for sale a 427 alloy side oiler block from SAI.

The block was in N. California or maybe it got shipped to Hawaii, but we couldn't inspect it because it was crated but if you sent the guy money he'd send it to you... Anybody remember that? Search the forum for the whole story.

It's back... I'm going to run the price up... anybody want to join me? The more an item sells for the more the listing costs.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33613

A man that is young in years, may be old in hours, if he have lost no time. But that happeneth rarely. Generally, youth is like the first cogitations, not so wise as the second. For there is a youth in thoughts, as well as in ages... Sir Francis Bacon (1561-1626)
Old 06-24-2004, 10:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

Mike,
This is an aluminum block and he says he is in Peteluma..Are you sure it is the same guy?

You might be on your way to owning a very expensive Aluminum Block, by Shelby. NOT a Side oiler.

Are you sure it is him?
Old 06-25-2004, 01:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

seems kinda odd!! Doesn't have very good feedback
Old 06-25-2004, 04:04 AM
GEAR GRINDER CUM LAUDE
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1560 w/ Ford Racing [RDI/AFR/RPM] Alum. 427CI - 575HP & TKO
Not Ranked     

Michael,
Your plan sounds like a waste of energy - and possible money on your part. The block is already bid up to retail price. Why risk any bad feed back from eBay.
This guy doesn't sound like that idiot from NY a few years back - remember him - the guy who always had a 427 block and heads, but couldn't verify a thing - let alone spell worth a damn.
Just my $.02
TL
Old 06-25-2004, 08:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: -Sold- Contemporary 427S/C # CCX-3152 1966 427 Med Rise Side Oiler, 8v 3.54:1 Salisbury IRS, Koni's.. (Now I'm riding Harleys)
Not Ranked     

It doesn't exist. I know it sounds really stupid but this guy really needs to get taken down. He almost cost a CC member $5000 and a trip from the east coast. This "block" has been for sale several times to several people here. I had hoped we would run it up to $100k and let the guy get stuck for the fees. Either way it's "mine" now. If I can swing it I will get the guy to comit wire fraud by accepting a deposit via Paypal (on my credit card) and I will offer to send him the rest in certified funds. At that point he will likely flake, if he doesn't I will bring the "cash" (and a couple cops) with me to pick up the block. The block won't exist, the guy will either try to rob me and go to jail or act like it was all a mistake, having comitted wire fraud that won't wash and he will be arrested.

OR... He will write me back explaine there has been a mistake and apologize. But... He will still get a bill for a $6k sale from e-bay

I will find the old thread. This guy is a complete fake. You're thinking of Dr. Dee. This guy is someone else.

A man that is young in years, may be old in hours, if he have lost no time. But that happeneth rarely. Generally, youth is like the first cogitations, not so wise as the second. For there is a youth in thoughts, as well as in ages... Sir Francis Bacon (1561-1626)

Last edited by SCOBRAC; 06-25-2004 at 09:01 PM..
Old 06-25-2004, 08:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Remember this...

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/show...ghlight=hawaii

Old 06-26-2004, 12:11 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR 427 S/C, 351W, 5 Sp & KMP142 - 427 SO, 4 Spd
Not Ranked     

Wow - I just finished reading the 2003 episode.
Here we go again! If he has the 427 in Hawaii again
I can cover the islands that Ernie doesn't.
What is that guy, the Energizer Rabbit? - he just
keeps on going and going.

Go get him!

Flip
Old 06-26-2004, 07:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique, S.A. 427 center oiler
Not Ranked     

Michael, If you really want to pull this off, you might want to edit this thread. The guy is certainly smart enough to be reading everything written here. This is not a private forum.
Old 06-26-2004, 09:47 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

The original engine e-bay scam was for a complete engine.

This e-bay listing is for only a block and may be legitimate after all?
Old 06-26-2004, 12:43 PM
GEAR GRINDER CUM LAUDE
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1560 w/ Ford Racing [RDI/AFR/RPM] Alum. 427CI - 575HP & TKO
Not Ranked     

Michael,
Thanks,
Dr. Dee - how could I forget such an a$$hole?????????????
He almost got me, but after reading your posts, I became really leary! This forum is good for alot of things!

Keep us posted on the status on this deal.

I know there are alot of frauds on ebay - I almost got sucked into one for a Polaris Ranger, the seller wouldn't accept PayPal, only wanted a Western Union wire transfer. As we say here in South Fl. "No way Jose!"

I hope it works out fine for you!
TL
Old 06-26-2004, 03:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: HM-2027 / 427 SO
Not Ranked     

What's the deal with Dr Dee??? He lists a lot of FE stuff on several of the forums I visit. It would be great to have the inside info on him. I've contacted him on a few items he was selling but have never purchased anything. Please PM me if you don't want to post on the forum. Thanks and sorry to hijack the thread. G.
Old 06-26-2004, 04:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yea Ex, I guess you're right. The auction in 2003 was for a whole engine. $8 or 9k for a $25k Shelby... Either way it's the same chowder head. Just a variation on a theme. The area is too small geographically to have more than one guy doing this.

If I'm wrong I'll make it right. I'm not though the bidding pattern and feedback were bogus. He has 7 positive from the same party and one negative from another scam he attempted. I know the guy who left the 7 feedback. They are in the same town. It also happens the guy who left the feedback is the guy I was suppose to send the money to back in 2003.

Dr. Dee sold at least one member of this forum a reverse rotation industrial engine as either a period top oiler or side oiler. He offered me the standard rotation engine off the same boat and tried to pass it off as a side oiler. Lucky for me a sharp eyed member of the forum recognized the 390 heads that typically came on the boat engines.

It's been 24 hours. I've contacted him twice asking when I can bring him some money....

Last edited by SCOBRAC; 06-26-2004 at 05:09 PM..
Old 06-26-2004, 05:19 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I don't know the Dr. Dee fellow. However it DOES seem typical for motors offered for sale by this fellow as a "side oiler" to be some "variant" of the same. Service block, boat motor, etc. Always seems to be something just a little bit "wrong" with the deal, just from what I've noted. No personal dealing with the man at all.
Old 06-26-2004, 07:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

The ad didn't list a CSX # for the block, why not get the guy to disclose the #, then the mystery could be solved with a call to SAI.
Old 06-26-2004, 09:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I asked for one 5 days ago... It doesn't exist.

Old 06-27-2004, 06:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: HM-2027 / 427 SO
Not Ranked     

Thanks for the "Dr" info. G.
Old 06-27-2004, 06:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Lightbulb

This guys name is william a. bradley aka bill bradley of Petaluma California two of his e-bay alias are onehot427 and cdrgstdy, no doubt there are others. If you think you have information regarding other scams he has been involved in please let us know.

Old 06-28-2004, 06:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hmmm... It's Monday night the auction ended 3 days ago and not a word from our mighty 427 seller despite 3 e-mails and a phone call to him. Our hero's name is William A. Bradley aka Bill Bradley, husband of Linda. He uses three screen names on e-bay "onehot427" and "cdrgstdy" and "theshopatreno" there are likely others.

Buyer beware, I'm just sorry we didn't run it up over $100k. and stick him with a $500 e-bay bill. I know this exercise was pointless but it wasn't really. It's too expensive to build a Ford as it is. We don't need $hitheads making it more so.

Old 06-29-2004, 06:02 AM
Member of the north
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A Cobra
Not Ranked     

This has got to be rich.

Please keep us posted.
Old 06-29-2004, 11:52 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR 427 S/C, 351W, 5 Sp & KMP142 - 427 SO, 4 Spd
Not Ranked     

He will probably disappear for a bit then try again.
All it takes is one biter every now and then to
make it worth his time.

Flip