Keith Craft Inc.- We service what we sell!!! Check out our Cobra engines!!! We build high performance racing engines and components for the fast pace strip racing industry as well as daily drivers who want to be FIRST!!!

FE Forums sponsored by Keith Craft Inc.

Go Back   Club Cobra > Engine Building, Tuning, and Induction > FE TALK

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
May 2024
S M T W T F S
      1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-10-2004, 07:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 148 with 427 SO
Not Ranked     
Default Ole SPF148 took her first tow truck ride

Was driving along after going to get an oil filter to change the oil in old 148 and she gave it up right in 5 o'clock traffic on one of the main streets in town and I was stuck in the center turn lane. Was a mess getting a truck to get her home (I don't have the typing energy to tell you what happened, but took mulitple truck attempts). Anyway, when we got her home 2 thing were apparent. One, the clear fuel filter was bone dry. Nothing in the line to the carbs, so we threw some down the throat of the carbs and she fired right off for a few seconds and quit. Check fuel to the pump...good there. So....off comes the pump. Sure enough, the rod that connects the diaphragm to the "arm" that rides on the cam has sheared off. Problem diagnosed. No name on the pump and just wondering if you guys had any advice on replacement brand and what volume pump I should look for? I am running 2X4 set up. It is a mechanical pump, 427 SO. Any tips or tricks on the change out?

Second thing....I developed a leak of some type of oil based fluid, very clear/yellow. Thought maybe break fluid and when I found where the SPF resevoir (sp?) was, I was horrified...how do I get to that to check the brake fluid level?

Second thing I thought about was hydraulic throw out bearing. I have never messed with one of those and don't know anything about it. Where is the fluid stored and how does the whole system circulate or work? I don't even know if I have one or not...how can I tell. Any other suggestions on what the fluid could be? Obviously, I haven't tried to run the fluid thing down as I was planning on working on the car tomorrow...now I have more to do than an oil change.

Thanks for all the help. Stranded is no fun.

Buzz