Keith Craft Inc.- We service what we sell!!! Check out our Cobra engines!!! We build high performance racing engines and components for the fast pace strip racing industry as well as daily drivers who want to be FIRST!!!

FE Forums sponsored by Keith Craft Inc.

Go Back   Club Cobra > Engine Building, Tuning, and Induction > FE TALK

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

•  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
April 2024
S M T W T F S
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-15-2005, 09:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 76 F250, 511ci Shelby Aluminum block, LAE billet crank, Oliver billet rods, Arias pistons, Keith Craft CNC Edelbrock heads, Custom Roller, Titanium valves, Erson Rockers, Victor, Dominator
Not Ranked     
Default I don't get it...this could be a good forum.

There is obviously a tremendous knowledge of FE's here, and I have gleaned my fair share over the time I've been a participant, but it has become an unpleasant place. Too many threads that could provide valuable insight into our hobby turn into pointless squabbles and name calling. I have never been involved in any organization or group (of adults) that was this petty. I certainly hope this forum is not representative of the Cobra community in general, as I aspire to own one some day, and the experience would surely be tainted if this is what I had to expect from other owners/enthusiasts.

I sincerely apologize if I cause offense, but this needed to be said. I am assuming that most of us here, due to the associated costs involved, are well over 18 years of age. It would be a breath of fresh air if a person could tell it by the content of the posts.

Feel free to flame me, or invite me to fight, or call me names. You will, unfortunately, only prove my point. I only write this to issue a challenge to all involved to try to keep a civil tongue, and tone, and remember why most of us are here, which is to learn, help, and discuss something we enjoy. If we can't do this, then this forum will continue to dwindle away worse than it already has. That would truly be a shame.

I will now step down from my soap box.

-Scouder

Last edited by Scouder; 03-15-2005 at 09:38 PM..
Old 03-15-2005, 09:29 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     
Default Re: I don't get it...this could be a good forum.

Quote:
Originally posted by Scouder

If we can't do this, then this forum will continue to dwindle away worse than it already has.
Some good thoughts and no argument from me on any of them.

...but, don't worry too much.. these little things have a way of stabilizing themselves.

Dwindle? ...hardly. With over 12,000 members and growing, you will see a wide variety of communication...

Many members know each other for years...and do get 'informal' at times... and squabble.
When you have "high HP" conversations, things can get a little dicey at times...that's real life.

This forum's moderators are lenient in a way, to not inhibit a dialog...
...but we are quick to snap a wayward thread back on topic.
They don't stay bad for long.

Thanks for your positive concern.

Ron
ClubCobra Moderator
Old 03-15-2005, 09:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique, 427SO, it runs
Not Ranked     

Scouder,

I think you are dead on right, especially on a forum like "FE Talk." There are certainly places like the "Lounge" where people can choose to participate if in that kind of stuff if they're so inclined.

I think it's a shame on a topic like this, that people can't feel free to ask "dumb questions" without being ridiculed.
Old 03-15-2005, 09:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 76 F250, 511ci Shelby Aluminum block, LAE billet crank, Oliver billet rods, Arias pistons, Keith Craft CNC Edelbrock heads, Custom Roller, Titanium valves, Erson Rockers, Victor, Dominator
Not Ranked     

Ron,

I hope I didn't make it sound as though the moderators weren't doing their job. That wasn't my intent.

And the dwindling may just be a perception on my part. The FE forum specifically hasn't seemed as active lately as it has over the past couple of years. If that isn't really the case then I stand corrected.

-Scouder
Old 03-15-2005, 09:44 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

Not at all..a good observation and point taken.

Now, I'm going to click the light switch on this so that the topics in the FE Forum...stay about FE's :-)
Old 03-15-2005, 09:53 PM
Administrator
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP286, Shelby 482, Webers, 593HP
Send a message via Yahoo to Brent Mills
Not Ranked     

We hear ya Scouder. You get these people together in person and it's nothing but goodness. I feel that a very high percentage of the high tension posts come from the lack of writing skill and I don't mean knowing when to use a semicolon. In person there are many visuals along with voice inflection that make a conversation work, but online, the communication is very one dimensional, and it takes a bit of time and consideration to make a point without pissing in someone's cheerios. Many of the disagreements around here could be avoided with more carefully selected comments, etc. My two cents....
Closed Thread